Applying a full body morph to only half of the body

Hi There! 

Is there a way to create a morph like Voluptuous, Heavy, or Emaciated that would apply to only half of the body, upper or lower?

Comments

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

You could use the same dFormer weight-map method that separates head and body morphs in Morph Loader Pro. I used this tutorial to create such for G2 and G3. That discussion is here. There’s a video tutorial on doing it manually. 

You’ll likely get the best results by using the dFormer method. It allows you to smoothly attenuate the morph rather than just removing vertices. 

• mlominymlominy Posts: 211
    edited February 2018

Just to reformulate my question:

I want to create a morph that would equal applying the Voluptuous morph to only the lower body, while leaving the upper body un-affected (ie in its zero state).

Or, again, how can I apply the Voluptuous morph to a base character, and then zero the upper body in its original state. 

Post edited by mlominy on
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 Posts: 300
    edited February 2018

I dont think DAZ does this natively, there might be hidden submorphs for Voluptious that you could dial in the lower body only save the morphed figue as an object and reimport the resulting object as a Morph. To unhide a parameter I believe the method still is, at the top of the parameters tab click the context menu icon (looks like several horizontal lines) and select "Show Hidden Properties". From there you should be able to find it and unhide it (and turn hidden properties back off). (Im not home just now so I can check Vmorph for hidden morphs; but alot of morphs you buy, or get are composites of other smaller regional morphs; so its well worth checking. )

If there are no hidden submorphs, I think your best bet would be via Hexagon, the basic Idea would be to save the morphed Charactor as an Object Eliminate the upperhalf. I believe you could then paste a copy of the morphed Verties on a seperate unmorphed Genesis base Object. The reimport new integrated object as a morph. and create a new morph dial for your combined morph.  While there is nothing Super complicated about this process it is fine work because you have to line up your Vertices exactly, if change the number or order, your morph will fail; but I believe it is something with a little care and a few trys you should be absolutely able to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DjpiRLHi0

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8846/solved-how-to-make-partial-head-morph-from-full-body-morph-for-genesis

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2855050

I strongly suggest you go over the study material above in order, I think each builds on the last nicely. BB.

Post edited by Blackbirdx61 on
  • This is really old, but if it still applies it might be the simplest way to approach your problem. BB.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/hexagon/2/userguide/modeling_morphs/poser_morph_targets/start

• mlominy said:

Just to reformulate my question:

I want to create a morph that would equal applying the Voluptuous morph to only the lower body, while leaving the upper body un-affected (ie in its zero state).

Or, again, how can I apply the Voluptuous morph to a base character, and then zero the upper body in its original state. 

Esemwy answered you how to do this.

• Took a good Look at your problem when I got home, using G2F, not sure what figure your using but I think what follows will apply.

While the Voluptious Morph, by name, does not have any sub components. If you go to the shaping Tab you will see you should be able to reproduce it very closely using the existing shaping options. You can then save your new morph as a shaping preset. I do have Shapes for G2F so I honestly dont remember how much of this is default and how much is only available in that package. Hope this helps some. BB.

• Please switch the viewport to Smooth Shaded for your screenshots of nude figures.

I followed the tutorial proposed by Esemwy. Google did a very acceptable job in translating from Japanese to English.

I'm able to get to the "Smooth Selected Faces" step without much trouble. 

It's not clear however on what to do just before using Morph Loader Pro.

mlominy said:

I followed the tutorial proposed by Esemwy. Google did a very acceptable job in translating from Japanese to English.

I'm able to get to the "Smooth Selected Faces" step without much trouble. 

It's not clear however on what to do just before using Morph Loader Pro.

Probably the best way (maybe only way?) is to dial the morph (or combo of morphs), export it as an .obj, then load it in with Morph Loader Pro. Use your dFormer weight-map to attenuate the morph. 

This should take care of you if you're still having difficulties. Also here if you can't download from the forum for whatever reason.

Thank you so much Esemwy! It works! I appreciate greatly the time you took to make the pdf. Everything is so clear. Best Regards!