A Question about shades of life - nature

13»

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Hya DimensionTheory, PDF appears to be MIA again :)

• mayasmusingsmayasmusings Posts: 4
    edited January 2018

Hi Im Thomas, just bought Shades of life projections and have begun reading throught the threads.  This seahorse only displays base colors, the G2 and sphere works as expected.

I built the seahorse in ZbrushCore, it is dynameshed, no UV's(exported/imported obj file with default settings in to Daz 10) so I need to use projections.  Um...nothing is working...I dont know what the first step is to using these beautiful maps on dynameshed things.  Thanks for your interest.

(Image deleted for nudity. Please review ways to handle nudity in the forums here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest )

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Hi Im Thomas, just bought Shades of life projections and have begun reading throught the threads.  This seahorse only displays base colors, the G2 and sphere works as expected.

I built the seahorse in ZbrushCore, it is dynameshed, no UV's(exported/imported obj file with default settings in to Daz 10) so I need to use projections.  Um...nothing is working...I dont know what the first step is to using these beautiful maps on dynameshed things.  Thanks for your interest.

I could be wrong - but I thought you needed at least some uv-mapping to use even projections (even if the uv-mapping wasn't very good).  I'd try giving it a basic uv-map in Z-brush (draw some seams around it and unwrap (or whatever Z-brush calls it)).

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Shades Of Life BarkBooster (and perhaps the other shades of life shaders too, haven't checked them all) has two sets of shaders, projection and UV mapping.  Can you switch from the one to the other (using either the other content thumbnail, or if you can't locate that, by changing the "uv mapping - projection mapping" surfaces parameter from 0 to 1?