How do you do it?

catagory12catagory12 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I got DAZ and been playing around with it.. Very cool.. But I want to make the models look like people I know.. My wife, her sister, friends, stuff like that.. Is there a way to do this? If so how?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only package that I know of is this : http://www.daz3d.com/faceshop-8-win

How well it works I don't know. The other thing you can do, is to buy the morph packages for the figure you intend to use, like the Evolution Head and Body morphs for Genesis, and create the morphs yourself.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

So I got DAZ and been playing around with it.. Very cool.. But I want to make the models look like people I know.. My wife, her sister, friends, stuff like that.. Is there a way to do this? If so how?

Zbrush and a LOT of artistic talent, sadly there's no magic wand here. When you see a figure which looks true to life, it's because the artist spent a lot of time and effort on it. With figures like Genesis though, a lot of the work isn't in simply shaping the figure, but also in the texturing. There's only so many details you can add with Genesis' polygons, and displacement or normal maps fill in the necessary gaps.

If you're interested in learning how to do all of this, I suggest you start small and modify existing figures into close resemblances. You can use either Daz Studio's D-Form system, or export the figure and use an external application like Hexagon or the aforementioned Zbrush to sculpt your character. Just don't enter into this expecting it to be quick. It truly is an art, one which I daresay is beyond my skill range. You need patience and diligence to master it. If you're already an artistic genius then please disregard eighty percent of this post :D

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Poser has an option of using photos to create faces, though I have not tried this method.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The face room in poser is not it's best attribute.

• VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No, but it's an option. Zbrush is not an option for many of us.