Lacey

LacyBagged.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 795K
    Post edited by DigitalMirrors on
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited June 2013

A Visitor at the Xenoscience Department's Afternoon Outing

Purchased content: None!

DAZ Studio 4.6 setup and render, no postwork.

Free content:

Landscape:

Alterian Colony Outpost and Deep Space Cargo ship by Herminio Nieves (registration required)

Planet Pack 2 by Angelis Jara (PNG applied directly to a primitive plane in the diffuse and opacity channels, set between the sky and haze planes) (registration required)

The distance haze is a primitive plane with a white diffuse channel, opacity 7%.

FreeZone Morphing Terrain by Cybia (registration required)

Morphable Boulder by 3-d-c (registration required)

Fennja's Stones (registration required) with the Morphable Boulder textures applied

Dreampaint Shmonglers and Shmonglers 3 (the plants)

Spacebones' Liquid OBJs Converted for DS4.5 by SickleYield, including water shader (registration required)

People, clothes, and props:

Antonia for DS4 by Amy_Aimee, based on Antonia Polygon by odf and phantom3d (LINK FIXED)

Flo Hair for Antonia (worn by the Antonia with the beach ball) by Les Bentley, Bob1965
    Beach Volleyball swimsuit for Antonia (scroll to #15) by Amy_Aimei

Beach ball from Laboratory 108

Antonia lying on the air mattress: Anna for Antonia, including second-skin swimsuit, by _Fenrissa_ (registration required)

Adam and Goblin and Flayer by Sixus1 (registration required)

Genesis Swimwear 2 (worn by Flayer) by Wilmap (registration required)

Jamie Hair (worn by Adam) by AprilYSH (LINK ADDED)
    Jamie Hairstyle by Salter Design

Polly Gon and T-shirt and pants (nudity in promo pictures) and Headphones Prop by Adam Thwaites. T-shirt midriff hidden with the polygon editor.

Koz's UpDo Hair (worn by Polly Gon) by Kozaburo

Beach chair, umbrella, sunscreen bottle, cooler, drink with little umbrella, rubber duck ring, surfboard by MrSparky

Morphing Linen and Morphing Blanket by TrekkieGrrrl

Optitex Dynamic Bag

Big Towel by Uwe G. (the yellow towel) (registration required)

Bossy Boots by Headkase (registration required)

M3 Sandal & Anklet (only used sandal) by Aziqo

V4 Flipflops by LMDesign

-----------------

There are three items each from Adam Thwaites and Sixus1 above, so I'm separating these out in case they aren't countable:

Free Pilot Shades for M4 and V4 (worn by Goblin) by Adam Thwaites
    Free Shorts for M3 (worn by Adam) by Adam Thwaites

Grey Alien Queen by Sixus1 (registration required)

-----------------

Textures:

Sky texture from mayang.com, "1.4 Mb - 5 megapixel clouds vapour trails" in the eighteenth row on the far left.
    Color-shifted in Irfanview, applied to a primitive plane in the diffuse and ambient channels.

Pebbly sand texture by CGTextures (registration required)

Water texture by Jeffry Gugick (registration required)

The big blue blanket is a material zone created in the FreeZone terrain with the polygon editor, with this fabric texture by Nick Miller applied (registration required)

Fabric texture (bump on Polly Gon's clothes) by CGTextures (registration required)

Poses:
    Antonia 1.2 beach poses (partial nudity in one preview picture) by darthj (base pose for Antonia on the air mattress)

mcgarry_colony-beach.png
    1367 x 1054 - 2M
    Post edited by Limnery on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Sounds like someone's in love!

Steady on, goldschopf, it's only a bag.

Okay, so I totally missed the Part 1 decorate-the-bag bit. If that disquabblifies me from the mini-contest, no problem, but I DO have a BAG that wants to let its inner HAG come out. Badly. No rewards, no prizes necessary. In fact, the Bag will pay YOU to get its Hag out. Please!

That sounds like one of those movies that is so bad, you can see it for free, but you have to pay to get out of the theater! :D

Dana

edited December 1969

Cuisle said:

That's quite an image! The planet is impressive, the way it really looks like it is in the day-lit sky behind a haze.

Dana

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Uh oh...I'm getting behind. Long day at work...

NEW_Bag_Hag_001.jpg
    378 x 581 - 129K
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Dana! *smile*

edited December 1969

Uh oh...I'm getting behind. Long day at work...

Well, she's talented anyway. A unicycle, with a bag over her head. That takes some balance.

Dana

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited June 2013

When I was twelve we bought a farm in the Cascade Range in Oregon. On the west edge of the property ran the Santiam River. Every summer, my 5 brothers, sister and I would go swimming. It was darn cold but what do kids care. It was water and it meant that if we were swimming then we weren't having to do farm work. It was a great afternoon when that happened. Where we lived there were huge Cottonwood trees and Douglas Firs along the banks. We had one little spot that was sandy everything else was just rocks or trees.
    My sister was the meanest one of us kids. She also liked to sun bath. When she was sunbathing she did not like to be disturbed. We, the brothers and me, were always saying that was when we should attack. So, although the names have been changed to protect the innocent and I am pretty sure that the scene was never real, this is my tribute to those summer afternoons when I was kid.

Title: Don't Even Think About It Buddy!
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5 Post work to add signature and remove artifacts.

Freebies:
    1) Big Sister: Swimsuit * Genesis Swimwear by Wilmap.
    2) Enviornment: Reeds River Bank Kit by Nerd3D.
    3) Environment: Birds Flock 3D Model by Forester.
    4) Environment: Bush * Bushes by Yughues.

I highly reccommend the following site. Although the freebies are not so DAZ friendly if you put in the effort (ie fix the textures) to make them work, these models are awesome.
    5) Environment: Bush * Cornelian Cherry Dogwood by Xfrog. 10th row 3rd column
    Environment: Bush * True Mulga by xFrog.
    Environment: Tree * Downy Oak by Xfrog. 2nd row 3 column
    Environment: Tree * Weeping Willow by Xfrog. 6th row first column
    Environment: Tree * Sweet Birch by xFrog.

6) Environment: Grass * Multi stylized grass by Yughues aka Mobiax.
    7) Environment: Grasses * Deadgrass by Traveler.
    8) Environment: Ground Morphing Ground V. 2 by Porsimo.
    9) Environment: Rocks Andi3d Rocks by Andi3d Mortemvetus.
    10) Environment: Rocks * Big Rock basement/scenery by aerysoul. Sixth row down, first column
    11) Environment: Sky * Sky dome by glaseye.
    12) Environment: Tree Trees Poplar 03 by 3d Bar.
    13) Environment: Weed Grass #8 by Drew Costigan.
    14) Environment: Weed * Plant and Tree Pack by inlite Studio.
    15) Prop: Rope Swing * Rope V4/M4 by 3-d-c.
    16) Prop: Tote bag Shopping Bag Set by Elleque. 4th down
    17) Prop: Towel Eider Down by Optitex. First Row First Column
    18) Prop: Water Bottle * Water Bottle Prop by MostDigitalCreations. 18 down

No Counts:
    Genesis Base for both Buddy and Big Sister
    Environment: Lighting MintWorks Art Lights Vol 2 by MintWorks. No longer available.
    Buddy: Hair and shorts * Duke Hair and Child shorts by DAZ 3D SWAM goldtassel. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5
    Big Sister: Hair * Sally Mae Hair by DAZ 3D Propschick. Part of the content sold with DAZ Studio 4.5

* means registration is required.
    Oh and I am making this an NAE. Hope you enjoy!

DonteventhinkaboutBuddy-small.jpg
    800 x 640 - 422K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

So I know BWSman will say there are too many plants and that it is impossible to determine what is what so I made a map showing you where I put things. Maybe BWSman is right this time. There are a total of 62 plants (trees, bushes, grass and reeds). I did use the instancing option to make 35 of them so not quite so bad. Thanks BWSman for that tip last month. There are 17 rock objects as well. Why am I telling you this? Well at the end of May my motherboard died and my husband replaced it with an i7 and an additional 8 gig of RAM bringing the total up to 16 gig of RAM. My oh my, she sure does purr now. My first computer was an IBM Student computer that had 256K of memory and 2 floppy drives. I used to make greeting cards on it and thought the little dot matrix printer was so cool. That was only 20 years ago. I can not even imagine what the next 20 years will bring.

DonteventhinkaboutBuddy-smallwithlabels.jpg
    800 x 640 - 458K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Maybe BWSman is right this time.

SNORT

Yeah, I guess even old BWSMan can be right sometimes.

That's a lovely scene, Dolly!

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Maybe BWSman is right this time.

SNORT

Yeah, I guess even old BWSMan can be right sometimes.

That's a lovely scene, Dolly!

Thank you Dorsey.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    When I was twelve we bought a farm in the Cascade Range in Oregon. On the west edge of the property ran the Santiam River. Every summer, my 5 brothers, sister and I would go swimming. It was darn cold but what do kids care. It was water and it meant that if we were swimming then we weren't having to do farm work. It was a great afternoon when that happened. Where we lived there were huge Cottonwood trees and Douglas Firs along the banks. We had one little spot that was sandy everything else was just rocks or trees.
    My sister was the meanest one of us kids. She also liked to sun bath. When she was sunbathing she did not like to be disturbed. We, the brothers and me, were always saying that was when we should attack. So, although the names have been changed to protect the innocent and I am pretty sure that the scene was never real, this is my tribute to those summer afternoons when I was kid.

Title: Don't Even Think About It Buddy!
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.5 Post work to add signature and remove artifacts.

Oh and I am making this an NAE. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=76598_sFAo1Oa8Zuh6IOZUbjmN&thumb=1&board_id=1

Why? That is awesome!

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Why? That is awesome!

Dana

Thank you Dana. The simple reason is because I want to. (smile) Making the best picture I can is the reward I want. Having you guys say it is wonderful is what really counts for me. I learn so much by just working on each of the month's challenges. I want and need to practice competing but I don't need to win the prizes.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

OK, I don't usually post in the Freebie Challenges, mostly because even though I have hundreds of freebies I've collected over the years, I can't seem to get 10 or more of them in one scene. Limiting myself to only 3 purchased items I might be able to handle, but the minimum 10 freebies has always been a problem for me.

Taking that into considering, and the fact I'm more into Pinups than Summer Fun, here's one I did last year for a contest at RDNA where the theme was lighting a scene with just one light source.

This is definitely NOT AN ENTRY!! Please click to see unsquished, or check out the full sized render here  -->
    http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/pinups.htm

Title:  Lady In Red

LadyInRed.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 229K
    edited December 1969

Here's a second one I've been working on the past few days, also NOT AN ENTRY!!

Be sure to click to see unsquished, or check out the full render here (scroll down)  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/pinups.htm

Title:  In The Chorus Line 2 (because I already have one in my gallery at Renderosity)

InTheChorusLine2.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 321K
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

But Miss B!

Character, hair, costume, set, stool ... you're halfway there.

Stick a cigar (or champagne glass) in her fist, pop on some earrings, use a shader someplace, a freebie light set, how about a different hat?

Entry ready, and a good one!

No slacking allowed 8-)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    OK, I don't usually post in the Freebie Challenges, mostly because even though I have hundreds of freebies I've collected over the years, I can't seem to get 10 or more of them in one scene. Limiting myself to only 3 purchased items I might be able to handle, but the minimum 10 freebies has always been a problem for me.

Taking that into considering, and the fact I'm more into Pinups than Summer Fun, here's one I did last year for a contest at RDNA where the theme was lighting a scene with just one light source.

This is definitely NOT AN ENTRY!! Please click to see unsquished, or check out the full sized render here  -->

Lovely, and in a true pinup style!

Dana

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Be sure to click to see unsquished, or check out the full render here (scroll down)  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/pinups.htm

Title:  In The Chorus Line 2 (because I already have one in my gallery at Renderosity)

Also very nice!

Dana

edited June 2013

But Miss B!

Stick a cigar (or champagne glass) in her fist, pop on some earrings, use a shader someplace, a freebie light set, how about a different hat?

No slacking allowed 8-)

Glad you like it Dorsey, but you see, the only "freebie" in the render is the "set", which is NikeImage's Art Corner. Everything else, including the stool are part and parcel of purchased items, and there's more than 3 purchased items in the render.

I suppose I could've put both shoes (which don't belong to the "outfit") on the floor and had her holding a cigarette in her right hand with a glass of champagne and an ashtray (all of which I do have) on the stool instead. That would've only added 2 or 3 more freebies, so still not close enough. Maybe one day I'll redo it, but for now I'm leaving it as is.

Edited To Add:  OK, now that I think of it there IS a second freebie. I used one of George Haze's Fast Metal shaders on the metal parts of the stool. Forgot about that. ~wink~

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited June 2013

DanaTA said:
    Miss B said:

Lovely, and in a true pinup style!

Dana
    Thanks Dana, glad you like them. I never thought of myself as a pinup artist, but I've done some "artistic renders" while beta testing the past few years, so I've become used to doing them, and 2 or 3 pose sets I have make it easy. ~wink~

Post edited by Miss B on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    But Miss B!

No slacking allowed 8-)

Glad you like it Dorsey, but you see, the only "freebie" in the render is the "set", which is NikeImage's Art Corner. Everything else, including the stool are part and parcel of purchased items, and there's more than 3 purchased items in the render.

I suppose I could've put both shoes (which don't belong to the "outfit") on the floor and had her holding a cigarette in her right hand with a glass of champagne and an ashtray (all of which I do have) on the stool instead. That would've only added 2 or 3 more freebies, so still not close enough. Maybe one day I'll redo it, but for now I'm leaving it as is.

Edited To Add:  OK, now that I think of it there IS a second freebie. I used one of George Haze's Fast Metal shaders on the metal parts of the stool. Forgot about that. ~wink~
    Swap the stool with a freebie stool - maybe the one near the top of this page - and you're one freebie closer to qualifying. You're also using one fewer paid item...

• Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

I have a quick question - back in May Silver gave away, for a very limited time, a V4 character - Elita. That character is now for sale at 'osity in their Prime category.
    If I wanted to use her, having gotten her during that limited time - would that count as a paid item, or a no count since she's not free anymore?

edited June 2013

I have a quick question - back in May Silver gave away, for a very limited time, a V4 character - Elita. That character is now for sale at 'osity in their Prime category.
    If I wanted to use her, having gotten her during that limited time - would that count as a paid item, or a no count since she's not free anymore?

That's up to the host, and we're notorious for not being consistent... (If you had asked last month, I would have said it's a no-count because you got it for free. Other hosts have said that anything which is a paid item at the time the entry is submitted counts as a paid item, whether you got it for free or not.) To be on the safe side, count the morph as a paid item.

I think we need a ruling on this... and the ruling needs to go into the rules sticky.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

Here's my pretty boy for the hag bag mini contest. He says he is very handsome and doesn't know why I put a bag on his head and entered him in this contest.

mr_hotstuff.jpg
    1050 x 1400 - 245K
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Here's my pretty boy for the hag bag mini contest. He says he is very handsome and doesn't know why I put a bag on his head and entered him in this contest.

Be afraid...be very afraid! :D

Dana

edited June 2013

Just found this brand-new (okay, one-week-old) freebie outfit for V4A4 - I can't use it in my render this month, but maybe somebody else can...
    http://sanzisannzi.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-219.html

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Luci45 said:

Be afraid...be very afraid! :D

Dana
    Oh I don't know. From the neck down he looks verrrrry handsome. ~wide wicked grin~

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The character would have to count as paid for since it is being sold It would only be a no count if it was given away for a short time then withdrawn from circulation.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Rule #7 covers this (rules are in a sticky at the top of the forum)

7. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. The exception to this rule is all Daz weekly freebies will be allowed throughout the entire month in which they are free. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Hey Giuys, sorry to be silent such a long time, been bussy and trying to catch up, and I love the entirs1
    dollygirl, love the big sister render!

Miss B said:

Hey Miss B. come, come have a sit and make a render or 5 :)

Luci lovely bagged hag :) please do not uncover him ;)

Post edited by Gloomy007 on