Now-Crowd failed to load script

PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

https://www.daz3d.com/now-crowd-billboards-modern-city-life

I can load a billboard and it shows in scene and render.
But when I try and load either script, "Change Billboard Angle" or "Orient Billboard", I get a failure-to-load notice.
I've checked the log and the folder, all is correct, but the scripts just aren't loading.
When I hover over either dse icon, it says "Type: Daz Script 2 (Encrypted)"
Does anyone have an idea?

I'm having the same problem with scripts from Scene Optimizer, those are encrypted also.

Post edited by Petercat on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051

What version of DS do you use? IIRC encrypted scripts need to be run in a version of DS which is the same or newer as the one where they were created.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

It says it needs version 4.9.1 or higher. I'm using 4.9.2.70.
    It works fine in 4.10beta, but I don't use that because it's lost a couple of features that I use a lot, and render times are slower.

• Petercat said:

It works fine in 4.10beta, but I don't use that because it's lost a couple of features that I use a lot, and render times are slower.

What features were lost? Other than Iray changes I don't recall anything being removed.

Petercat said:

What features were lost? Other than Iray changes I don't recall anything being removed.

The only one I can recall off the top of my head is the pose presets load options.
    In 4.9, you could set preferences to remain the same every time you held the control key while loading a pose, so your figure wouldn't move.
    The preference setting is no longer there in 4.10, so every time I load a pose I have to select each parameter that I don't want changed.
    That's a big time waster for me, since I use it with every pose, and I'm creating about 8 images a day, with 2-6 figureas in each page.

Don't get me started on retexturing clothing or creating a camera! They're both time hogs..

• ctrl-double-click still opens the dialogue, and the preferred option (shift-double-click) has been broken for a while.

Petercat said:

The only one I can recall off the top of my head is the pose presets load options.
    In 4.9, you could set preferences to remain the same every time you held the control key while loading a pose, so your figure wouldn't move.
    The preference setting is no longer there in 4.10, so every time I load a pose I have to select each parameter that I don't want changed.
    That's a big time waster for me, since I use it with every pose, and I'm creating about 8 images a day, with 2-6 figureas in each page.

Don't get me started on retexturing clothing or creating a

ctrl-double-click still opens the dialogue, and the preferred option (shift-double-click) has been broken for a while.

It should be fixed, then, and other time-saving options added for the users.

Now, how about my original problem above?

• I don't have an older version of DS to test, so there's not much to say about the script error - though, is it a DS error or is it the script itself displaying a message? If the latter it may be that the script was saved from an older version (giving the 4.9.1.x) but requires a feature not added until later and is checking for that before trying to run.

I don't have an older version of DS to test, so there's not much to say about the script error - though, is it a DS error or is it the script itself displaying a message? If the latter it may be that the script was saved from an older version (giving the 4.9.1.x) but requires a feature not added until later and is checking for that before trying to run.

I get a message in a small window:
    An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details.
    The log file says:
    Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/scripts/riversoft art/now-crowd billboards/now-crowd change billboard angle.dse

The scripts are where they're supposed to be, double-clicking on them in the folder opens a new Studio interface, then they fail to load.
    I've re-downloaded and installed them, they still fail.

• OK, that sounds like a DS error on load not a script error. Where does the information that they need 4.9.1.x come from?

edited February 2018

OK, that sounds like a DS error on load not a script error. Where does the information that they need 4.9.1.x come from?

From the "Read Me First" script in my Content Library:
    "It requires DAZ Studio 4.9.0.33 or higher version to work."
    Also stated on the product page.

Sorry, that was Scene Optimizer. Now Crowd Billboards says on their product page:
    "Since this product uses encrypted scripts, it cannot be used in versions of Daz Studio below 4.9.3.166."

Nevermind. I just tried it in 4.9.4.117 and they both work.
    Only now I've lost the ability to set parameters that I had in 4.2.70.
    I can't win at this game. Too many time wasters in the newer versions. I guess my time isn't worth anything since I'm a customer and not a PA.

Yes, I'm fed up.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • What do you mean by set parameters?

What do you mean by set parameters?

Sorry, I meant set presets.
    For example, set poses so they don't move the character when applied.
    Having to take time to click the three movement boxes every time is a major waste of time. I make over four images a day, with an average of three characters each. I might try 2-3 poses per character pre image, that's a lot of clicks and time.

Set "create/new camera" so it always loads in the same way.
    I always set the camera to match the current viewport with movements locked.
    Right now I have to:
    Click "Create/New Camera"
    Click "Copy active view"
    Click "Accept"
    Click Parameters Tab
    6 clicks on the camera movement parameters

How I wish that I could hold down a key (ctl?) when creating a new camera and have it create the camera as I want it.

To the DAZ programmers, these may seem like minor time wasters, but as a customer who has to do them many times per image, many images per day, they become major time wasters. Even more frustrating when time savers like the movement presets choice were in older versions but were removed from newer versions for some reason.

Add in that, in my experience, 4.10 takes about 10% longer to render an image than 4.9.2.70, well...
    My time is valuable, too.

• As I said in another thread, for me shift to apply the default options for a preset has been broken for a long time - it is bug reproted, and I did confirm that when asked if it was still an issue recently, so it hasn't dropped out of sight. I really don't understand how it could eb working for you in an relatively recent version.

A script to create a camera from the current view should be pretty simple (in fact I thought one had been written recently).

As I said in another thread, for me shift to apply the default options for a preset has been broken for a long time - it is bug reproted, and I did confirm that when asked if it was still an issue recently, so it hasn't dropped out of sight. I really don't understand how it could eb working for you in an relatively recent version.

A script to create a camera from the current view should be pretty simple (in fact I thought one had been written recently).

I have no idea, I haven't written a program since Amiga Days.
    If you find a script that will let me lock in custom parameters for a camera, please let me know.
    (As long as it's not an encrypted script, that is.)