"hexagon revisited"

patboudrumpatboudrum Posts: 33
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Somebody knows what it will be about?!?!

How long the training will be?!?!

I tried to reach somebody at the dream-lounge website but my email never got answered!

Thank you!

Comments

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited May 2013

It is a pity no one answered your email, hope you have better luck here. I am clueless.
    And no disrespect meant here, but for someone who stands for excellence, I would rather not steam my program :)

webshot.png
    867 x 880 - 155K
    Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
  • patboudrumpatboudrum Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

I've got that email too... but It don't say much!

I was hoping for more details about this training...

I'm interested to get it but a complete "table of content" would be nice...

• djunk_f81ddecf72djunk_f81ddecf72 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I bought it , total rip off . get module one on June 5 , modal two came out late and has now gone , thinking it didn't sell well so got abandoned . Learnt a few basics of using Hexagon that I could have found on youtube for free .

• ariocharioch Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

I bought it too, hoping it would give me some solid tips on leveraging Hexagon to create my own props. I was underwhelmed with Module 1. The guy Val used to conduct most of the "training" talked way too fast and was very hard to follow. I had to keep rewinding the videos because he rarely showed where the options were that he was using.

I just discovered that the DL site is now down due to bandwidth issues. For someone who claims to make so much money in this industry this does not look good at all. Lucky for me, I always download videos I feel are important, and training and tutorial videos at at the top of my list. So I have both modules on my hard drive so I can reference them with the click of a button.

edited December 1969

I finaly bought it too... and for now: yes it's a total rip off!!

I'm seriously thinking about asking for a refund...

And to had to the joke: the website is down and I'm still reveiving a lot of emails from "Dreamlight"!!!

• TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

How does the 30 day money back guarantee work? If there is any dissatisfaction I would definitely recommend getting a refund .

• djunk_f81ddecf72djunk_f81ddecf72 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

To late for a refund , over 30 days since module 1 was released and I preordered

edited December 1969

I know that the "30 days" are over but if they don't want bad press maybe they will go with a refund...

We can find better videos on the net for a "beginner" start (the module 1 was so low on quality about that) and it's like the module 2 was throw out just so they can tell they had put something on the training...

They were supposed to put 2 more modules on july and over half of the month has gone and there is no sign of something new!

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68
    edited July 2013

So I buy the training.
    Update : I download the 2 modules... Well that not that bad : Focus on very few tools. The "pipeline" Hexagon Photoshop Daz is very quickly explained.

Post edited by JPiat on
  • PippenPippen Posts: 265
    edited December 1969

You can reach support here; http://dreamlight.kayako.com/

• Lobo3433Lobo3433 Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

# I would strongly suggest that you pass these training up and save your money it is not worth the headache and there are better free resources available for learning Hexagon.
    Just IMHO this a vendor who i will refuse to do business with again

• TigrestripeTigrestripe Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

I can't say anything about Dreamlight's tutorials. I haven't seen any of them to judge but I used the following tutorial series at VTC:

http://www.vtc.com/products/Hexagon-2-Basics-tutorials.htm

It's pretty good. He is using 2.1 (which is what I still use) but it's all there. You can check out the first few tuts for free and see
    if you like is teaching style. I didn't buy the DVD sadly, I had a 90 day subscription to which I also watched Mark Bremmer's tutorials on Carrara.

They will get you to a functional level from there you can seek out more advanced stuff.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Notice this is on sale again at 60% off. Says 5 of 6 modules have been released. Anyone have any more recent experience with this?

• PippenPippen Posts: 265
    edited December 1969

I got this ad also. I'm surprised it hasn't completed yet. Only 5 of 6.

I really want to learn Hex.

Those who bought it....please give us more on your experience.

edited December 1969

Save your money... Do a search for hexagon on youtube, you will be better served!

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

EZ has great hex videos. I dont know where he went but do a search for EZ and hexagon

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

http://www.ezbrush.mediabakers.com/EZTuts/EZTuorials.html

He visits the Renderosity Hexagon forum :)

One of the great Hex users - I really miss him!

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I see Hexagon Revisited has now appeared in the store at a higher price than the earlier "sale" price on his website. On the plus side there is a detailed explanation of what the course contains.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I see Hexagon Revisited has now appeared in the store at a higher price than the earlier "sale" price on his website. On the plus side there is a detailed explanation of what the course contains.

Yes but on the super plus side, means it's now 'finished' [hopefully].

And hopefully is returnable if truly not found to be worth keeping.

My goofy money for the year is spent. [means I'm not buying this anytime soon]

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Nothing in that tut that you can't get for free on the web.

edited December 1969

Not surprized.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Yes think he should stick to his light sets, only time the tutorials were any good was when TheSea was at dreamlight. and the lady that did the Photoshop tuts were excellent.

I bought Animation Master in this sale but after the sale price and the extra 50% off for tier 2 I think even $18 was too much to pay.

But hexagon tutorials are plentiful from Ez, Daniel Ripley, geek at play there are others but they are the main ones I would go for.

• edited December 1969

Not that it would mean anything when I join the chorus here, but:

with some Hexagon knowledge under my belt I hoped to get the last bits and pieces for me together by purchasing these bits of - attempted - tutorials.

From whiteboard (why would anybody think that his theories are more understandable if he scribbles, smears them unto this otherwise beautiful piece of digital paper?) to not using key functions of the modeler (soft selection, anybody? etc.) to coughing narrators >>> don't know when I have last seen any amount of junk this large.

Again, nagging here brings nothing - but I wanted to thank the poster(s) that reminded me of the 30 days money back guarantee!
    Frustrated as I had been after leaving this "course" I simply forgot about that :).

So: THANK YOU for saving my purse (maybe Age of Armour has found the time to put out another fantastic tool/shader/light - there's quality if you need it!).

edited December 1969

Not that it would mean anything when I join the chorus here, but:

with some Hexagon knowledge under my belt I hoped to get the last bits and pieces for me together by purchasing these bits of - attempted - tutorials.

From whiteboard (why would anybody think that his theories are more understandable if he scribbles, smears them unto this otherwise beautiful piece of digital paper?) to not using key functions of the modeler (soft selection, anybody? etc.) to coughing narrators >>> don't know when I have last seen any amount of junk this large.

Again, nagging here brings nothing - but I wanted to thank the poster(s) that reminded me of the 30 days money back guarantee!
    Frustrated as I had been after leaving this "course" I simply forgot about that :).

So: THANK YOU for saving my purse (maybe Age of Armour has found the time to put out another fantastic tool/shader/light - there's quality if you need it!).

Curious, what 'bits and pieces' of the program are you seeking more knowledge about?

• edited December 1969

Well, I always hated it whenever I had to UVmap anything. So I hoped to find something in this course that would make me WANT to UVmap instead of polypainting in ZBrush :).

And then, to watch somebody using a program with more professional touch - I found this very inspiring. Most times I had the chance.
    Question answered?

edited December 1969

Just wondering out loud whether Daz "Quality Control" even took a look at the course on offer - PA's have to go through strenuous quality control to be sure that their products are up to standard.

edited December 1969

Well, I always hated it whenever I had to UVmap anything. So I hoped to find something in this course that would make me WANT to UVmap instead of polypainting in ZBrush :).

And then, to watch somebody using a program with more professional touch - I found this very inspiring. Most times I had the chance.
    Question answered?

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:
    When I first looked for/found tutorials on uvmapping in Hexagon, the instructions started with "get uvmapper" which is free. [is also a pro edition which is recommended by those that use it ... many pros use it]

I hope one can post a link ... free and demos on same page: http://www.uvmapper.com/downloads.html

What I did though was persevere and learned how to do a lot of uvmapping with Hexagon.
    As one dear soul puts it: "uvmapping in Hexagon is an exercise in patience".
    It is possible "usually" to get a workable uvmap ... experience being a good teacher as various tricks come into play in different situations.

I learned with the previous edition and there are possibly a few things which may or not be different as to which buttons will work ... not all buttons worked well on all computers "as far as I could tell". I found out what worked on my computer and that's the workflow I go with.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Just wondering out loud whether Daz "Quality Control" even took a look at the course on offer - PA's have to go through strenuous quality control to be sure that their products are up to standard.

[sound of clearing throat] - well presumably the video itself can play in the usual players :-)

The pre-production sales pitches were timed interestingly enough.
    The release times were oh so cute.
    And the indefinite production pause was simply priceless.
    He actually moved on to other projects for awhile ... I gather he's found a way to complete whatever it is he was doing though in order to get it released in the store here. Which would be good news for those who bought the pre-production vids from his store.

edited December 1969

:-) :lol: ;-)

• edited December 1969

@ addict:

The title of this product suggests that the software used for the tutorials is - obviously - Hexagon.
    Hexagon has a complete set of tools for UVmapping, so in my opinion these tools should be used, explained if needed.

Being asked to get UVmapper is just the same as if they had advised to get Lightwave, just to be able to follow the tutorials for Hexagon.
    Weird? Right!

The second thing that put me off: starting to build some kind of cloth for a DAZzie - now, while certainly everybody has some kind of personal preference to model, in a tutorial I do not want to see any personal preferences (and if, it should be noted, like "... there is the normal way to do XY, but I prefer to do it MY way...").
    So (still building the cloth) when I see somebody doing this without using the mirror option - think of a noob to Hexagon, or even 3D modeling entirely - it makes me want to grab into the screen, and push the right buttons for the person who is misleading folks :).

The same goes for pushing points to get the base for a more organic form (the dino), when there is the soft selection.
    Please, do not get me wrong here: nothing against pushing vertices around - but if there are better tools for the job at hand, why not show them?
    The person who did all these modeling parts - well, I strongly believe that he learned Hexagon himself while doing his modeling for this course (later he found the mirror option).

OK, then the issue about the white board, about finding it not needed to be more precise in his scribbling:
    If I do not have the time to spread out my personal theories in public (getting paid for this, remember), why should I do it?

"... I do not have time for this!" Is the impression that first comes to mind watching this. The modeler even said this at one point where more work should have be done for a part of his show.

Anyway, there are more issues in this "course", but I think that - this time - my answer is long enough :).