What features would you like to see appear in dazstudio 5?

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Feature I'd like to see:

A revamp of 3DL bringing stuff up to date and fixing a lot of awkward dumb stuff people have to code around.

• The ability to convert obj to dynmic clothing or at least a legitimate plugin for the task.  I just wasted $50 on the Dynamic Clothing Control only to find no way to crate my own.  At least not without spending thousands on their software.  Wish I could get that money back.

Other wise Studio and most of its plugins are great.  Maybe render nodes for NT rendering.  

Up to date documentation.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

Sliders that work.camera controls that aren't located on the edge of the screen and a content library that's not fling at the wall and see where it goes as we have now

• ebergerly said:

Realtime dynamic cloth. That's it. That's all I want.

I know there is an awesome plugin right now that is VERY close to what I want. But it doesn't take advantage of a high powered GPU yet, and is a tad clunky since it's not an integral part of D|S. 

I'm visualizing that, in the same way that the Iray render updates in semi-realtime as you naviate the viewport, and the smoothing/collision detection updates in realtime, your dynamic cloth would drape in realtime as you pose the character, kind of like Marvelous Designer drapes in realtime. 

That would be heaven. I'd pay some serious $$ for that upgrade. 

What is the plugin you're talking about?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Dmurray: if you did that in the last month, you can easily return it; contact customer support.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2017

I'd really like the ability to uninstall 3Delight textures and shaders that I don't use to save space  but the installers don't let you decide which to install. I'd prefer not to install content I won't be using

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

There are only three things I care about, besides maintaining the current capabilities.

1 - Bug fixes

2 - Dynamic Hair

3 - Dynamic Clothes

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744

I want to see live rendering like in Sketchfab's environment, with noise and color aberrations.

• Sliders that work.camera controls that aren't located on the edge of the screen and a content library that's not fling at the wall and see where it goes as we have now

Not sure about the first two items, but the third one is already in there; it's called custom categories, since even if you get the PAs to follow one specific categorization system, not everybody is going to like it and will want to reorganize things to their liking.

• Can I get a 'Freeze Transforms' Button?  Seriously ..all I wanna do is move something to a spot then set translate & rotate to zero.

Multi-Resolution Morph Loading would be awsome too ... none of this resetting to base resolution to export and import

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    BBlogo said:

Can I get a 'Freeze Transforms' Button?  Seriously ..all I wanna do is move something to a spot then set translate & rotate to zero.

There's already a "Freeze" feature for translate, rotate, and scale. Just go to the sliders for each under Parameters and on the far right near the gear icon there's a padlock-looking thing that allows you to lock each slider. Just click to toggle the lock on or off 

• Can I get a 'Freeze Transforms' Button?  Seriously ..all I wanna do is move something to a spot then set translate & rotate to zero.

Multi-Resolution Morph Loading would be awsome too ... none of this resetting to base resolution to

Why does HD automatically imply working at higher than base resolution? Why can't it be a means of ADDING polygons to the base resolution mesh to add details that will be subdivided? Nobody has given a good reason why they MUST work at high polycounts whenever this comes up.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Sliders that work.camera controls that aren't located on the edge of the screen and a content library that's not fling at the wall and see where it goes as we have now

Not sure about the first two items, but the third one is already in there; it's called custom categories, since even if you get the PAs to follow one specific categorization system, not everybody is going to like it and will want to reorganize things to their liking.

Well, my "custom categorization system" did hit the fan previous update so it wasn't much help then. They should make sure customers DON'T experience this by more rigorous testing. I am dSTILL recategorizing things. *sigh* It was MONTHS ago.

Zylox said:

There are only three things I care about, besides maintaining the current capabilities.

1 - Bug fixes

2 - Dynamic Hair

3 - Dynamic Clothes

Yeah! What Zylox said! :)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    RKane_1 said:
    Zylox said:

1 - Bug fixes

2 - Dynamic Hair

3 - Dynamic Clothes

I'm tempted to agree, but I didn't want the new poser pose system, but damn it's worth having. And I use VWD for the dynamics, it makes lots of Daz clothes and hair useful.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited June 2017

Can I get a 'Freeze Transforms' Button?  Seriously ..all I wanna do is move something to a spot then set translate & rotate to zero.

There is such an option for rotations on bones (Joint editor option menu>Edit>Bake Joint Rotations). For props it would be a nice feature, and one I'd like to have, but pending that there is always export as OBJ/import with the same preset/reapply materials.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Multi-Resolution Morph Loading would be awsome too ... none of this resetting to base resolution to

Why does HD automatically imply working at higher than base resolution? Why can't it be a means of ADDING polygons to the base resolution mesh to add details that will be subdivided? Nobody has given a good reason why they MUST work at high polycounts whenever this comes up.

Moprhs are critically dependent on the vertex cound and order - addin detail to the base mesh wil break existing morphs, and require the transfer of weight maps which can lead to undesirable effects requiring rerigging. The modified version would also not be distributable.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    RKane_1 said:
    Well, my "custom categorization system" did hit the fan previous update so it wasn't much help then. They should make sure customers DON'T experience this by more rigorous testing. I am dSTILL recategorizing things. *sigh* It was MONTHS ago.

Same here and I hadn't gotten everything sorted out from the last time my customization was wiped out and with almost 11,000 items from Daz alone and I don't know how many from other vendors and free sources it's a major PITA trying to search through stacks of unneccesary subfolders that have names that don't indicate what figure they're for and sometimes aren't even clear as to the product

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I'd really like the ability to uninstall 3Delight textures and shaders that I don't use to save space  but the installers don't let you decide which to install. I'd prefer not to install content I won't be using

I'm not sure if that would actually save much hard drive space — almost all of the dual 3Delight/Iray items I've seen in the last year or so have, I think, both used the same texture maps (which, of course, take up vastly more drive space than the materials scripts). It might cut back on the clutter in the Content folders, but that's a different question.

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551
    mork said:

mork said:
    • LIE: properly save/export LIE textures - they are created as temp images, next time you re-open the scene or the export, it cannot be found

Yes, yes, YES! I have so many folders where new textures have to be saved to avoid this, which takes up a lot of SSD space.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    nicstt said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Zylox said:

1 - Bug fixes

2 - Dynamic Hair

3 - Dynamic Clothes

I'm tempted to agree, but I didn't want the new poser pose system, but damn it's worth having. And I use VWD for the dynamics, it makes lots of Daz clothes and hair useful.

If DAZ doesn't add in dynamic hair and cloth by next spring, I will be buying VWD myself. At that point I probably won't care what they do to DAZ Studio, so long as I have a version that works with VWD and Genesis 8.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

VWD is Wintel only. Not a relevant warning unless you're a Mac user.

• Zylox said:
    nicstt said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Zylox said:

1 - Bug fixes

2 - Dynamic Hair

3 - Dynamic Clothes

If DAZ doesn't add in dynamic hair and cloth by next spring, I will be buying VWD myself. At that point I probably won't care what they do to DAZ Studio, so long as I have a version that works with VWD and Genesis 8.

Please Daz Gods Give us Dynamic Clothing and Hair!!!!! 

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

A layout style with larger and more legible font. 

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    I would like to see this in DS5
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    wolf359 said:

<squee> Now that I've seen it, so do I!

I'm sure a couple of times I saw his expression change to a resigned "oh no not again"...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    wolf359 said:

That would be nice if the clothing could be narrowed down in selection by gender, age, time period, and geographic region.

wolf359 said:

That would be nice if the clothing could be narrowed down in selection by gender, age, time period, and geographic region.

Yes.

This.

Amen.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    RKane_1 said:
    wolf359 said:

Yes.

This.

Amen.

And on the off chance that DAZ Studio or Smith Micro extends their UIs to enable such filtering they can include other historically relevant labels like guild/profession, rank and service, and so on.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I would really like the drop to floor command to actually drop the character to the ground rather than hover an inch above or into the floor.