[Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Medieval City Life

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
edited February 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Mix with Lords and Ladies, nobles and peasants, in the new Now-Crowd Billboard series, Medieval City Life, which includes 33 different Figure Billboard Sequences!  Paint your medieval or fantasy town FULL of people doing interesting things in high quality, flexible and easy to use billboards... perfect as a backdrop for the main action that you add!

Billboards are a fantastically quick and resource easy way to add background crowds to your scenes.  These pre-rendered elements are great to play the background characters in your scene.  The Now-Crowd Billboards improves on standard billboards by providing 72 different views for every billboard figure.  Change a billboard figure to 12 different horizontal angles and 6 different vertical angles.  When your camera moves, the Now-Crowd Billboards can be changed to match! 

There are also great scripts to make these billboards easy to use!  There is one script to turn the billboards to face the camera and another script to change billboard figure angle based on horizontal and vertical orientation.

For Iray and 3Delight

No figures are included with this product.

No other products are needed to use the Now-Crowd Billboards - Medieval City Life.  

Features

• 33 Figure Billboard Sequences:
    • Beggar
    • Couple Embracing
    • Couple Walking
    • Female Rogue Walking
    • Flirting Teenagers
    • Girl Running
    • Guard Standing
    • Guards Patrolling
    • Horse and Hostler
    • Horse Rider
    • Kids Playing Tag
    • Lady of the Evening
    • Male Page Walking
    • Male Rogue Watching
    • Man Sitting and Drinking
    • Man Sitting and Listening
    • Man Sitting and Talking
    • Merchant
    • Minstrel
    • Monk
    • Mother Comforting Child
    • Noblewoman and Lady in Waiting
    • Old Woman Selling Bread
    • Peasant Girl Carrying Basket
    • Peasant Standing
    • Peasant Woman Walking
    • Peasant Worker Resting
    • Two Drunks
    • Two Nobles Talking
    • Two Rangers Arguing
    • Two Women Talking
    • Woman Making a Purchase
    • Woman Sitting
  • Scripts Include:
    • Now-Crowd Orient Billboard Script - Change billboards to face camera
    • Now-Crowd Change Billboard Angle Script - Change billboards to use different figure angle
  • Textures Include:
    • 72 Texture and Transparency Maps (2048 x 2048) per single Figure Billboard
    • 72 Texture and Transparency Maps (3072 x 3072) per single Multi-Figure Billboard

Note: There will be at least one fantasy race expansions to this product.  

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 604K
popup_1.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 590K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 627K
popup_3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 600K
popup_4.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 524K
popup_5.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 452K
popup_6.jpg
1550 x 1652 - 473K
popup_7.jpg
1550 x 1145 - 417K
popup_8.jpg
1494 x 2238 - 499K
popup_9.jpg
2100 x 2275 - 1M
popup_10.jpg
3842 x 2275 - 2M
popup_11.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 425K
popup_12.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 408K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

OH, YEAH! Thank you! I am so giddy, I may have to change my undies. Really looking forward to this one.

• Finally older times are coming! looks incredibly useful, thanks

• maraich said:

OH, YEAH! Thank you! I am so giddy, I may have to change my undies. Really looking forward to this one.

LOL.  TMI  laugh  I am glad you are looking forward to this one.

Note: There will be fantasy race expansions to this product.  Each fantasy race expansion will include 6-12 figure billboards for that race.  The first three expansions (Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves) will be coming soon.

• EquisVoid said:

Finally older times are coming! looks incredibly useful, thanks

You're welcome!  I love fantasy so I have been looking forward to this one too smiley

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    edited February 2018

This looks like a really useful addition. Dare I ask how many GBytes this one is? (Think I may need a new HDD fitting as my current one is getting very full)

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • It is a very svelte 16.4GB smiley  I am thinking that this is a variation of the old adage, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" smiley  Just kidding.  I really regret how much space these Now-Crowd Billboards take, but I really like the power you get with all of those frames.  Sorry about the hard drive inconvenience. sad

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

For me it isn't the harddrive: but DIM is downloading at c 40kb/s, so it tkes forever. That's on a wired machine. But a manual download of something else was pretty nippy: so I'm not sure what is going on. DIM is v.slow here at the mo.

It is a very svelte 16.4GB smiley  I am thinking that this is a variation of the old adage, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" smiley  Just kidding.  I really regret how much space these Now-Crowd Billboards take, but I really like the power you get with all of those frames.  Sorry about the hard drive inconvenience. sad

Well my HDD is so full I probably needed the excuse to add another! That is really really big - but looking at the promor pics I can see why: you've put so much stuff in there. Looking forward to the fantasy add-on too.

I used to have a 10GB pcm download limit until about a year ago, so that would have been a huge no-no - now I've got a much larger limit and I even get good speeds (mostly) when I download after midnight in the UK so these huge sets are daunting but worth it.

• jash147 said:

For me it isn't the harddrive: but DIM is downloading at c 40kb/s, so it tkes forever. That's on a wired machine. But a manual download of something else was pretty nippy: so I'm not sure what is going on. DIM is v.slow here at the mo.

MelanieL said:

It is a very svelte 16.4GB smiley  I am thinking that this is a variation of the old adage, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" smiley  Just kidding.  I really regret how much space these Now-Crowd Billboards take, but I really like the power you get with all of those frames.  Sorry about the hard drive inconvenience. sad

Well my HDD is so full I probably needed the excuse to add another! That is really really big - but looking at the promor pics I can see why: you've put so much stuff in there. Looking forward to the fantasy add-on too.

I used to have a 10GB pcm download limit until about a year ago, so that would have been a huge no-no - now I've got a much larger limit and I even get good speeds (mostly) when I download after midnight in the UK so these huge sets are daunting but worth it.

I appreciate that you both are willing to endure the pain to get the product smiley

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491
    maraich said:

Note: There will be fantasy race expansions to this product.  Each fantasy race expansion will include 6-12 figure billboards for that race.  The first three expansions (Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves) will be coming soon.

<Swoons>

• maraich said:
    maraich said:

<Swoons>

LOL. laugh <Pulls out the smelling salts>

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Not medieval (with very few exceptions nothing in DAZ Store really is, because PAs do nice stuff, and most of real medival clothing wouldn't look nice to our eyes), but very good fantasy stuff.

Got some of your other sets, they are really useful.

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited February 2018

Not medieval (with very few exceptions nothing in DAZ Store really is, because PAs do nice stuff, and most of real medival clothing wouldn't look nice to our eyes), but very good fantasy stuff.

Got some of your other sets, they are really useful.

Agreed about the realism, but there are very few ripped, torn, and grimy clothing items in the Daz Store.  And the https://www.daz3d.com/grime-inizer-for-daz-studio is ok but lacking in many options.  I had to go with what I could buy smiley  This set required me to basically buy the entire store's medieval clothing products.  You could argue that peasants would not have that much variation, but it looked wrong to my modern eyes smiley

The surest way to identify pseudo-medieval is, nobody is wearing a cowl/cap/bonnet/hood/hat/whatever. Between king and beggar, in medieval times everybody covered his or her head. Except children and young maidens, that is, and sometimes nobility. Adult woman with freely flowing hair? Must be a prostitute. You get the idea.

030c-mac12vB.jpg
    692 x 434 - 160K
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

The surest way to identify pseudo-medieval is, nobody is wearing a cowl/cap/bonnet/hood/hat/whatever. Between king and beggar, in medieval times everybody covered his or her head. Except children and young maidens, that is, and sometimes nobility. Adult woman with freely flowing hair? Must be a prostitute. You get the idea.

Add to that the unrealistic amount of black and white clothes - both very expensive then - and the absence of the easily to achieve brownish, greenish, yellowish colours... like, washed out colours mostly, for the not so wealthy folks.

But yeah, that's a problem that about all "medieval" stuff festures... just like the ever-present horns on viking helmets. devil

• Maybe a more realistic set of medieval could be done mixed with prechristian, mesomopotamian and bronze-age farmers, poverty was always similar

My two favorite ages are bronze age and edwardian era

• The surest way to identify pseudo-medieval is, nobody is wearing a cowl/cap/bonnet/hood/hat/whatever. Between king and beggar, in medieval times everybody covered his or her head. Except children and young maidens, that is, and sometimes nobility. Adult woman with freely flowing hair? Must be a prostitute. You get the idea.

Now-Crowd Billboards - Pseudo-Medieval City Life doesn't have quite the same ring to it smiley  

• The surest way to identify pseudo-medieval is, nobody is wearing a cowl/cap/bonnet/hood/hat/whatever. Between king and beggar, in medieval times everybody covered his or her head. Except children and young maidens, that is, and sometimes nobility. Adult woman with freely flowing hair? Must be a prostitute. You get the idea.

Add to that the unrealistic amount of black and white clothes - both very expensive then - and the absence of the easily to achieve brownish, greenish, yellowish colours... like, washed out colours mostly, for the not so wealthy folks.

But yeah, that's a problem that about all "medieval" stuff festures... just like the ever-present horns on viking helmets. devil

Ok, the Now-Crowd Billboards - Pseudo-Medieval City Life with real puce green clothes definitely does not have a good ring to it!  smiley  

I will try and remember to leave the viking horns off if I ever do a viking set. 

• EquisVoid said:

Maybe a more realistic set of medieval could be done mixed with prechristian, mesomopotamian and bronze-age farmers, poverty was always similar

My two favorite ages are bronze age and edwardian era

Hmmm.  Edwardian I may do, though it is more likely I will do a Victorian/Steampunk mashup smiley  The trick to these products is finding the clothes.  If you ever have a wish for an era, compiling a list of clothes to use (male and female) would be immensely helpful.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Yes, Yes, Yes!!  Beyond excited!  Thank you thank you, thank you!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

oh I just read you are doing fantasy races too?  So excited I don't even have words.

As far as the clothing goes and it being truly medieval, doesn't bother me at all, since I do fantasy medieval anyway.  Plus, you gotta go with what you have to work with.  I pretty much own all of medieval stuff availavble as well, so I feel your pain lol.  Really great variety in this.

• Yes, Yes, Yes!!  Beyond excited!  Thank you thank you, thank you!

oh I just read you are doing fantasy races too?  So excited I don't even have words.

As far as the clothing goes and it being truly medieval, doesn't bother me at all, since I do fantasy medieval anyway.  Plus, you gotta go with what you have to work with.  I pretty much own all of medieval stuff availavble as well, so I feel your pain lol.  Really great variety in this.

Thank you!  smiley I am glad you are excited about it.  I am too.  Fantasy has always been my first literary love (Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe and then blown away by LOTR) so I love doing those type of renders.  The irony of a PA is that you are usually too busy to do the renders you really want to do so I have been really enjoying making my elves, dwarves, and orcs billboards.

RiverSoftArt, don't take our comments as criticism of your work. Your billboards are great. It's just that historical correctness can be a b....

• RiverSoftArt, don't take our comments as criticism of your work. Your billboards are great. It's just that historical correctness can be a b....

Thank you Cherpenbeck.  I am not taking it personally... beside I can always blame all the OTHER PAs who didn't give me correct source material cheeky  No, I was taking in the spirit it was given.

Now I have got to get back to work.  It seems like billboard products are the new thing in the store!  (though none of them destroy hard drives like my products!  BWAAHAHAHA smiley)

No - I think I'll have to nickname my new HDD "RiverSoft" (when I get it)! laugh

(Although some of the shader packs give you a bit of a run for your money)

• MelanieL said:

No - I think I'll have to nickname my new HDD "RiverSoft" (when I get it)! laugh

(Although some of the shader packs give you a bit of a run for your money)

LOL laugh  Shader packs?!?!  Pfft!  smiley

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,484

Great idea!

• Greybro said:

Great idea!

Thank you!  I hope you like it when it is released!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

RiverSoftArt, don't take our comments as criticism of your work. Your billboards are great. It's just that historical correctness can be a b....

Thank you Cherpenbeck.  I am not taking it personally... beside I can always blame all the OTHER PAs who didn't give me correct source material cheeky  No, I was taking in the spirit it was given.

Now I have got to get back to work.  It seems like billboard products are the new thing in the store!  (though none of them destroy hard drives like my products!  BWAAHAHAHA smiley)

I just bought two drives: an 8TB external for this computer and a 4TB internal for "the beast," my 3D dedicated machine. After installing the 8TB, I'm thinking of getting one for the beast, as well. Those usb 3.0 devices are fast! Not to mention, the need to store your billboard products. I'm thinking of creating a new library just for the billboards, on their own HDD! lol

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited February 2018
    L'Adair said:

I just bought two drives: an 8TB external for this computer and a 4TB internal for "the beast," my 3D dedicated machine. After installing the 8TB, I'm thinking of getting one for the beast, as well. Those usb 3.0 devices are fast! Not to mention, the need to store your billboard products. I'm thinking of creating a new library just for the billboards, on their own HDD! lol

Now that is some nice storage space!  Is this a challenge to fill one of them? smiley