How to transfer action from one character to another, and/or how to make the starting frame of a ser

chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
edited May 2013 in New Users

I seem to have more than one problem with Daz Studio.

First, the Daz 3D website on my old computor suddenly wouldn't let me leave topic/questions HERE, I can only browse others thread, but I cannot ask questions! that doesn't help when I am in really deep trouble now.

So, using another laptop, now luckily I can write about my other trouble, it is:

I am in the middle of making an animation, so first I kept building the scene, once the scene and the shaping the actors are ready in their place, now I tried to put some bvh files on M3, A3, V4 etc. I first tested them on another laptop so I could see that it worked. But when I do the same import onto my characters in the real footage I am working on, the arms, the legs and pointing all over the place, actions are all wrong. So, as an alternative, I tried to transfer another new set of M3, A3... etc WITH ACTIONS successfully embedded in them from my laptop and load them on my project in the iMac. Now Here comes the trouble -

As they were loaded, they were at frame 0, and my actual project after all the sets are done, I am already at the frame 299. If I go back to frames before that I can only see how whole set in a chaotic progression of the building of the set. Sure I still see them at frame 299, but it is like a Si Fi movie, they are at the other dimension of time now! Their actions are long gone, and have been "still" for a hundred frames or so! So, how may I move these newly made characters with actions to begin at frame 299?

And, perhaps, there is a way, of transferring these animated actions from them to my original characters? I tried copying the pose, but it only copied the one pose on the current frame, not the whole animated action somewhat 200 frames.

Please help!

Post edited by chriswongbiz on

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I wish I could, but I'm not doing animation yet. I wanted to suggest two things-
    1. google your question, don't post it in the "search" of the forum- google will get you better thread results!
    2. visit the animation section of the forums (go up to forum home and click) As this involves animation, you'd get a lot of experts over there who can help :) People over here can too, but over there, that's the focus.

I'd google "keep daz poses animation"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252
    edited December 1969

I'm not entirely following, but I think you want to save a Pose preset (File>Save as>Pose Preset) and in the options set it to save the range of frames you want for your action, then go to frame 299 and apply the preset to the character in question. repeat for the other characters as needed.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Thank you , I have saved in scene! So I should try saving in Pose, thanks for the tips.

• chriswongbizchriswongbiz Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

Hm I have tried it a couple of times, but each time the Daz Studio crashed within ten seconds while it is loading the pose.