Released : AniLip [Commercial]

DobitDobit Posts: 181
edited February 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products

AniLip creates lip animations from written text.

Features:

  • Multiple language support.
  • Voice selection
  • Enter any text
  • Transform the written text to a sound file
  • Generate visemes from the sound file and write them to the timeline
  • In an expert mode each viseme can be tailored.
  • Adjust the speech rate.
  • Adjust the volume.
  • Adjust the strength.
  • Support of MS SAPI 5
  • Support of Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3, Genesis 8, Horse 2, Dragon 3
  • Windows 32 and 64 bit

 

No other plugins are needed.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and i will answer them.

Some additional notes:

  • AniLip supports text to speech only.
  • AniLip supports the Windows SAPI up to v5.

Using additional voices

Microsoft ships usually one or two voices for each language.
You can add more voices by adding new languages.
There are also many third party providers for SAPI voices (free and commercial).
Some of these voices are related to special software packages and cannot be addressed from AniLip.
Some vendors offer 32 Bit voices. Those cannot be used in 64 Bit environments. But you can use DAZ Studio 32 Bit as AniLip is 32 Bit compatible.
Microsoft made it's Mobile Voices available for the desktop versions of Windows 10. Those voices cannot be used in AniLip as they have no SAPI interface.  
This wikipedia article gives an overview of available speech synthesizers. Many of them offer SAPI versions.

There are two main reasons to add new voices:

1. Changing the type and character of the voices

Instead of adding new voices you could use audio software to change the sound of the voice.You could use audacity or specilized software like MorphVOX, Voxal Voice Changer and some others.

2. Using high quality voices.

You can use the existing voices to create the lip animation and synchronise with a recorded human voice or a high quality synthesiser voice.
There are many cloud services available (Ivona/Amazon Polly, Microsoft Azure, Acapella, ...).
Our promotional video has been done that way. The animation was done in AniLip with standard voices, and the voices have been recorded with "acapella-box".
Using video editing software we matched sound and animation.

If you have need for support ask here or send an e-mail to [email protected]

 

Post edited by Dobit on
«134

Comments

  • Congrats, it looks very interesting, with Riversoft Expression Randomizer we could give more expressive lip-sincinc, right?

    How many different voices for different characters we could have on english?

    Does that mentioned microsoft technology thing also give us commercial rights to use the voice along the animation for 2d games and visual novels without interactive license?

  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272

    Bought it and making my first test Dobit, Thanks a lot!

  • JerifeJerife Posts: 272

    ...and have many questions.

    1 Can I fiddle with the strenght of several visemes and not box by box? 

    2

    I understand the process is:

    Once happy with a text written on the timeline I save the sound file and then the Dazstudio file. Otherwise I have to start again

    I render the sequence and then mix both image sequence and sound file in Blender, AfterEffects or similar

    Am I right?

  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,965

    Looks great, can I replace visemes with more realistic ones (if the DAZ models can be capable of better visemes)? 

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    Jerife said:

    ...and have many questions.

    1 Can I fiddle with the strenght of several visemes and not box by box? 

    2

    I understand the process is:

    Once happy with a text written on the timeline I save the sound file and then the Dazstudio file. Otherwise I have to start again

    I render the sequence and then mix both image sequence and sound file in Blender, AfterEffects or similar

    Am I right?

    Thank you for trying out our plugin.

    To your questions:

    1. It´s only possible to edit every viseme one by one.

    2. Yes, also an alternative way (if you render your scene as an video file) is to go directly in Daz studio to Edit->Audio...and insert your audio file.

  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,961

    As I can see it uses TTS systems, so I guess I can't use any recorded voice, am I right?

  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,609

    I think that the Microsoft speech system lets you use special codes to control the speed and intonation of the speech. Can AniLip do this ?

  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited January 2018

    I want to know of the narrator voices, how many of them are there, and if can be used commercially on 2d games and visual novels. 

    If answer is yes, will Dobit create add-ons for more voices/narrator/languages? and support for dogs/cats...

    Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • maiky_b7e75f435amaiky_b7e75f435a Posts: 6
    edited January 2018

    It's a very nice plugin, very useful, but it crashes  :(

     

    1. I select a genesis, call your plugin and type some text.

    2. at voice settings there are no voices???

    3. I try extended animation. perhaps there I can fix the error??

    4. Oh nooo, no fixing, DS crashes....

    5. in my system setting the voice are usable, in all my other programs, too

     

    May you can give me a help please?

    Thank you very much.

    (Image removed due to nudity. Please go over the guidelines here. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  )

    anilip_02.jpg
    327 x 424 - 39K
    anilip_03.jpg
    349 x 158 - 17K
    anilip_04.jpg
    640 x 420 - 99K
    anilip_05.jpg
    594 x 386 - 72K
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • Beat578Beat578 Posts: 191

    It souds interesting, especially for the dragon and horse option. So can you tell me:

    - with languages are supported?

    - how many different voices are there and is there an option to include own voices?

    Thanks for answering. An congratulations, looks like a great tool. 

  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

    Hi Dobit. Nice plugin, thanks. I have a couple of problems though. 

    I’ve tried loading a Genesis 8 figure, but there is only one language (English (United States) TTS English and only one vpice option (Microsoft Anna - for both G8M and G8F). The dropdown menus are not working. :( 

    Also, if I make changes to the speech volume, strength etc, how can I preview the result of my changes? Is it necessary to re-save and load the audio with every tweak? 

    Right now, the speech seems to play once after a random click on the interface, and after that I can’t get any audio preview at all. 

    This makes it very very difficult to use. 

    Thanks, Redz 

     

     

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    edited January 2018
    Beat578 said:

    It souds interesting, especially for the dragon and horse option. So can you tell me:

    - with languages are supported?

    - how many different voices are there and is there an option to include own voices?

    Thanks for answering. An congratulations, looks like a great tool. 

    AniLip uses the languages you have installed on your PC.

    It supports any windows language packages that include TTS (text to speech).

    I think Microsoft offers up to 2 voices (male/female) for each language. There are may other companies offering commercial and free voices for MS SAPI (like Ivona, Cepstral or CereProc.). 

    You should note, that the sound of the voice and the lip animation are 2 parts. You could do the lip animation by entering the text und using any default TTS voice and then overlay/synchronize with any other voice recording from human or synthetic voices.

    If you want to add a new language to your PC you need to go to your language settings, add a new language and then download the TTS package from the options of that language.

    It should be automatically added in The AniLip language menu.

    You can also use your own sound files, you can include them directly in Daz studio if you render your scene as an video, or afterwards in a video editor.

    Post edited by Dobit on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    Redz said:

    Hi Dobit. Nice plugin, thanks. I have a couple of problems though. 

    I’ve tried loading a Genesis 8 figure, but there is only one language (English (United States) TTS English and only one vpice option (Microsoft Anna - for both G8M and G8F). The dropdown menus are not working. :( 

    Also, if I make changes to the speech volume, strength etc, how can I preview the result of my changes? Is it necessary to re-save and load the audio with every tweak? 

    Right now, the speech seems to play once after a random click on the interface, and after that I can’t get any audio preview at all. 

    This makes it very very difficult to use. 

    Thanks, Redz 

     

     

    I imagine it uses whatever SAPI5 voices you have on your PC like iClone does

    most are paid for extras many with restrictive licenses but yes there are a few open source self tweakable ones which you can record your own phonemes for not that I have
    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

    the other Microsoft versions are listed here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Speech_API#SAPI_5_API_family

    most are only available with that version of Windows AFAIK
    I have the SAPI6 ones that seem to be unsuported by this and for that matter iClone which I use in other software

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181

    Looks great, can I replace visemes with more realistic ones (if the DAZ models can be capable of better visemes)? 

     

    We are not aware of any figure offering alternative viseme morphs. But no, not today. A good idea for a future release.

     

     

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    EquisVoid said:

    Congrats, it looks very interesting, with Riversoft Expression Randomizer we could give more expressive lip-sincinc, right?

    How many different voices for different characters we could have on english?

    Does that mentioned microsoft technology thing also give us commercial rights to use the voice along the animation for 2d games and visual novels without interactive license?

    We intentionally do not touch any face expression. Just lip movements. You can use any technology to make your face more expressive.

     

    I think Microsoft offers up to 2 voices (male/female) for each language. There are may other companies offering commercial and free voices for MS SAPI (like Ivona, Cepstral or CereProc.).  

    You should note, that we the sound of the voice and the lip animation are 2 parts. You could do the lip animation by entering the text und using any default TTS voice and then overlay/synchronize with any other voice recording from human or synthetic voices.

     

    Our sample video  has been done that way. We used the default English, French and Russian voices from Microsoft for the lip animation and recorded the sound using commercial voices from Acapela-Box. We merged the final DAZ rendering with the sound files in a standard video editing software.

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181

    It's a very nice plugin, very useful, but it crashes  :(

     

    1. I select a genesis, call your plugin and type some text.

    2. at voice settings there are no voices???

    3. I try extended animation. perhaps there I can fix the error??

    4. Oh nooo, no fixing, DS crashes....

    5. in my system setting the voice are usable, in all my other programs, too

     

    May you can give me a help please?

    Thank you very much.

    (Image removed due to nudity. Please go over the guidelines here. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  )

    I´m sorry that you have problems, we will investigate and come back to you as soon as possible.

  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 847

    Just to be clear, if I have a sound file, can I plug that directly to animate the figure or will I need to type a transcript? Because, well, a voice actor will stretch or shorten syllables to fit the mood of the reading (as well as play around with stuttering, long and short pauses, etc) and I don't think a transcript will really fit without a lot of work. Outstanding product, and I would love it just for the Dragon and Horse parts, but I don't know how useful it will be in this particular regard.

  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    th3Digit said:
    Redz said:

    Hi Dobit. Nice plugin, thanks. I have a couple of problems though. 

    I’ve tried loading a Genesis 8 figure, but there is only one language (English (United States) TTS English and only one vpice option (Microsoft Anna - for both G8M and G8F). The dropdown menus are not working. :( 

    Also, if I make changes to the speech volume, strength etc, how can I preview the result of my changes? Is it necessary to re-save and load the audio with every tweak? 

    Right now, the speech seems to play once after a random click on the interface, and after that I can’t get any audio preview at all. 

    This makes it very very difficult to use. 

    Thanks, Redz 

     

     

    I imagine it uses whatever SAPI5 voices you have on your PC like iClone does

    most are paid for extras many with restrictive licenses but yes there are a few open source self tweakable ones which you can record your own phonemes for not that I have
    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

    the other Microsoft versions are listed here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Speech_API#SAPI_5_API_family

    most are only available with that version of Windows AFAIK
    I have the SAPI6 ones that seem to be unsuported by this and for that matter iClone which I use in other software

    Okay that makes sense. Wish it had been mentioned in the product description.

    I downloaded the open source http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ but how can I have these voices show up in the anilip interface? 

    I still have the issue that there’s apparently no preview button to test changes. 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945
    Redz said:
    th3Digit said:
    Redz said:

    Hi Dobit. Nice plugin, thanks. I have a couple of problems though. 

    I’ve tried loading a Genesis 8 figure, but there is only one language (English (United States) TTS English and only one vpice option (Microsoft Anna - for both G8M and G8F). The dropdown menus are not working. :( 

    Also, if I make changes to the speech volume, strength etc, how can I preview the result of my changes? Is it necessary to re-save and load the audio with every tweak? 

    Right now, the speech seems to play once after a random click on the interface, and after that I can’t get any audio preview at all. 

    This makes it very very difficult to use. 

    Thanks, Redz 

     

     

    I imagine it uses whatever SAPI5 voices you have on your PC like iClone does

    most are paid for extras many with restrictive licenses but yes there are a few open source self tweakable ones which you can record your own phonemes for not that I have
    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

    the other Microsoft versions are listed here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Speech_API#SAPI_5_API_family

    most are only available with that version of Windows AFAIK
    I have the SAPI6 ones that seem to be unsuported by this and for that matter iClone which I use in other software

    Okay that makes sense. Wish it had been mentioned in the product description.

    I downloaded the open source http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ but how can I have these voices show up in the anilip interface? 

    I still have the issue that there’s apparently no preview button to test changes. 

    I do not own the product so am afraid I am no help

    I just know what SAPI5 voices are seen by my other softwares and how they can be configured and speculating by the product description 
    Dobit would be best answering your questions about this plugin

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    Uthgard said:

    Just to be clear, if I have a sound file, can I plug that directly to animate the figure or will I need to type a transcript? Because, well, a voice actor will stretch or shorten syllables to fit the mood of the reading (as well as play around with stuttering, long and short pauses, etc) and I don't think a transcript will really fit without a lot of work. Outstanding product, and I would love it just for the Dragon and Horse parts, but I don't know how useful it will be in this particular regard.

    Sadly, we don´t support audio to text. AniLip only converts written text to animation, but you have the option to adjust the length, strength and the starting point of every viseme.

  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited January 2018
    th3Digit said:
    Redz said:
    th3Digit said:
    Redz said:

    Hi Dobit. Nice plugin, thanks. I have a couple of problems though. 

    I’ve tried loading a Genesis 8 figure, but there is only one language (English (United States) TTS English and only one vpice option (Microsoft Anna - for both G8M and G8F). The dropdown menus are not working. :( 

    Also, if I make changes to the speech volume, strength etc, how can I preview the result of my changes? Is it necessary to re-save and load the audio with every tweak? 

    Right now, the speech seems to play once after a random click on the interface, and after that I can’t get any audio preview at all. 

    This makes it very very difficult to use. 

    Thanks, Redz 

     

     

    I imagine it uses whatever SAPI5 voices you have on your PC like iClone does

    most are paid for extras many with restrictive licenses but yes there are a few open source self tweakable ones which you can record your own phonemes for not that I have
    http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

    the other Microsoft versions are listed here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Speech_API#SAPI_5_API_family

    most are only available with that version of Windows AFAIK
    I have the SAPI6 ones that seem to be unsuported by this and for that matter iClone which I use in other software

    Okay that makes sense. Wish it had been mentioned in the product description.

    I downloaded the open source http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ but how can I have these voices show up in the anilip interface? 

    I still have the issue that there’s apparently no preview button to test changes. 

    I do not own the product so am afraid I am no help

    I just know what SAPI5 voices are seen by my other softwares and how they can be configured and speculating by the product description 
    Dobit would be best answering your questions about this plugin

    Thanks so much th3Digit. My questions were actually directed at Dobit, though I quoted you. I appreciate your links and explanations.

    Post edited by Redz on
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

    Specifically -

    I downloaded the open source http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ but how can I have these voices show up in the anilip interface? 

    I still have the issue that there’s apparently no preview button to test changes in how the audio voice sounds? 

  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

    well in iClone all my extra SAPI4 and 5 voices only work in the 32bit version
    and it appears there so maybe that is the issue?

    Untitled.jpg
    1909 x 1034 - 391K
  • In your description you state that this will "Generate visemes from the sound file and write them to the timeline".  Can I safely assume that also means that, once the visemes are written to the timeline, I can then make minute adjustments to the resulting animation via keyMate and/or graphMate?  

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181

    I think that the Microsoft speech system lets you use special codes to control the speed and intonation of the speech. Can AniLip do this ?

    No we don´t support these codes, because they could cause problems with the syncronisation.

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181

    It's a very nice plugin, very useful, but it crashes  :(

     

    1. I select a genesis, call your plugin and type some text.

    2. at voice settings there are no voices???

    3. I try extended animation. perhaps there I can fix the error??

    4. Oh nooo, no fixing, DS crashes....

    5. in my system setting the voice are usable, in all my other programs, too

     

    May you can give me a help please?

    Thank you very much.

    (Image removed due to nudity. Please go over the guidelines here. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  )

    We would like to repoduce your settings.

    Please tell us your Windows version and the default language of your system.

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    Kaliadder said:

    In your description you state that this will "Generate visemes from the sound file and write them to the timeline".  Can I safely assume that also means that, once the visemes are written to the timeline, I can then make minute adjustments to the resulting animation via keyMate and/or graphMate?  

    I´m not totally sur what you want to do, but you should be able to edit everything that´s set to the timeline.

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    Imago said:

    As I can see it uses TTS systems, so I guess I can't use any recorded voice, am I right?

    AniLip creates the animations only from written text, but you can afterwards use your own prerecorded sound files.

  • DobitDobit Posts: 181
    Redz said:

    Specifically -

    I downloaded the open source http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ but how can I have these voices show up in the anilip interface? 

    I still have the issue that there’s apparently no preview button to test changes in how the audio voice sounds?

    As I see it´s not possible right now to use these voices trough the AniLip dropdown menu. I recommend you to make the animations with the available voices and then import the sound files you make with the TTS app.

Sign In or Register to comment.