Poser Characters in DS

Found I still had Poser11 on USB drive and surprised it even worked, but internet has caught up with me.  I have 6 days to renew lic.  So I tried two of them called “Pauline” & “Don Casual” in DS.

Load & DS prompts: limits on or off-- makes no difference.  Example:  Move Pauline’s head, and only the teeth & eyes move but hair and facial ‘skin’ doesn’t.   The Poser based sliders do not work.  “Don Casual” eyes look huge & distorted.  They're too old to load correctly?

I was able to get one called “James hiRes” to pose & face expressions work-- even parented hair that came with Owen 8.  Clothes don’t work though unless ramp collision iterations up.  Then CPU lag makes adjusting poses an exercise in frustration.

So, while DS might show everything in Poser library, is it possible to get the characters to work?  

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

Comments

• Some will, but I haven't taken the time to test much; I would not expect Paul/Pauline to ever work properly, due to rigging/weight mapping differences between DS and Poser.
  • TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited December 2018

That was quick.  Thanks! 

It's funny, the one featuring the twins has a the same test area I used with Pauline and Don Casual.  I didn't make his eyes like that.  Gave up and had them as zombies-- not very nice of me...

Zombie Cam devil

Shame clothes don't seem to work on newer ones.  Could've really expanded library that way.  : )

---

Edit: weeding out old imgur files.  PM broken links.

Post edited by Tynkere on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Any Poser figures from G2 onwards (that's Poser generation 2, not Genesis 2!) use Poser weight mapping and will not work properly in DAZ Studio. All of the older characters should work, but, as always, materials would require tweaking for DAZ Studio.