What I lack in everything, I make up for with enthusiasm :)

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Wow what an amazing backstory and very cool render.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Thank you :)

Nes's background keeps growing and developing.

As a half-drow/half-elf (who was created, not born on top of that) he does not fit in anywhere and has a hard time making friends or even acquaintances. Eventually, he ended up as a curiosity in some monstrous creature's personal collection (museum?). I'm not sure his rest is disturbed by one of his guards to torment and toy with him or that it's actually someone getting him out of there..

Nes_-_Caged_12_small.jpg
    1500 x 1200 - 157K
    edited December 1969

Calion eating chocolate ice cream.

Basically just playing with finger posing and expressions. And having fun while I was at it :)

Both the postworked version and raw render.

Cal_-_Spoon_13_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 129K
    Cal_-_Spoon_10_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 157K
    edited November 2014

It was past time I whipped out the Daz horse 2 again.

Had fun playing around. A little bump goes a long way. Both the raw render and postworked version.

TehPony_-_Growling_10_raw_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 279K
    TehPony_-_Growling_8_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 258K
    Post edited by mori_mann on
    edited December 1969

I was testing if http://www.daz3d.com/mercenary-maid-for-genesis-2-female-s wanted to go on Genesis somewhat gracefully. It did reasonably well, except for some minor issues. Of course, I ended up making a whole scene and then, inevitably, ended up with a portrait shot that demanded to be made.

Sadly, but loyal old puter is showing its age adn could not manage a big size render with that much shininess - which had not been any problem in the smaller test renders I did. It kept crashing on me after getting pretty much 1% an hour squeezed out. I finally gave in and dressed Isabelle in an older model (that I coloured blue-ish) instead.

So here she is, Isabelle, in all her glory :)

Some postwork was done. Can provide the raw render (or the successful test with the fancier armour) if anyone is interested.

Armour_test_9_small.png
    1200 x 960 - 2M
    edited December 1969

I'm still alive! Had some computer issues. PSU blew up and it took a few days for the replacement to arrive. It happened right between rendering this and starting on post work. Timing could have been worse, I guess ;)

'Reading'

Valoryn and Calion. Reading a book together. Postworked version, will post the raw render if anyone is interested :)

Reading_9_Smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 267K
    edited December 1969

It's the season :)

Christmas_10_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 227K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Happy Holidays to you too! :)

I really like the reading the book together render. Soothing and relaxing. Nicely done!
    Cathie

edited December 1969

Thank you very much :)

The reading one turned out much better than the original plan. Prves once again that one should never resist falling in love with a cam angle :D

edited December 2014

Dimi made some bad decisions in his life. One of them was stealing a silver-and-mithril ring from a sorceress. And worse, putting it on. It did not make him invisible or give him spectacular powers. Instead, it cursed him to 'share' his body with an insane demon that ate away his memories. At least, that's the short version and cointains more than enough spoilers already ;)

Added some filters for colour effect - to make it look like an old photograph to show that this is a memory. Or something. Even if it's not 100% story accurate.

Happy to upload the raw render on request. Uploading does seem to have eaten some quality, especially after resizing and converting to jpeg. Sorry about that.

Dimi_-_How_would_this_look_8_small.jpg
    927 x 1200 - 160K
    edited December 1969

Something completely different to start the new year with.

This is what happens when I play with shaders on a human shape.

Velvet_eyes_11_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 336K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Loks cool. It looks like one of the camouflage patterns Peeta Mallarc used in The Hunger Games to hide himelf.

edited December 1969

Thank you :)

I neither saw nor read The Hunger Games, but I do agree this would make an excellent camouflage pattern.

edited December 1969

Putting this one in a link because it does contain nudity. Nothing in-your-face or shocking, but just to be sure no ToS are broken.

http://fav.me/d8e62e5

edited December 1969

It was time to pull out Nes once again, which was a great excuse to test those shiny textures for the fun Midnight Rogue outfit, too.

He's not supposed to be looking relaxed or comfortable - he's only pretending and his acting skills need practise. The sword is most likely not (originally) his, eiter (I doubt he knows how to use it), but he figured placing it visibly nearby would make sure few questions are going to be asked. He's a smart guy if he wants to be.

And a bonus link to some fun little 'project' I did to amuse myself:
    http://fav.me/d8eotap

Nes_-_Resting_13_smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 291K
    edited December 1969

And now for something.. rather different I suppose.

(Description copy/pasted from my DA)

"As mentioned in an earlier description, Nes was not born. He was created as is. Sure, he was a special order and should have been delivered as a child instead of awoken as an adult, but something went wrong and his creator tried to cover that up by setting him free in the remnants of a hut or shack, with just enough food and water to last one or two days. The location happened to be near an entrance to the Underdark, where Nes inevitably wandered off to and was captured - unarmed and weak - by a group of drow scouts.

The obvious next step, would have been that he'd spend the rest of his no doubt short and miserable life as a slave. But that was before Alrenna, the younger daughter of the house that had taken Nes, discovered him. She found him very interesting: a dark elf with a green eye and mostly red hair. She claimed him for her own as a curious plaything. Nes spent months, perhaps nearly a year, as something between decoration, a pet and a toy.."

Plaything_12_small.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 269K
    edited December 1969

With my brave and trusty scrap heap's memory doubled, the LAMH player thingy no longer crashes. Who'd have thought it needed so much RAM..

I'm a happy pony.

And Ah'sh is a happy panther.. overgrown housecat.. whatever ;)

Baking_7_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 193K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

yay :)

edited December 1969

A whole bucket of yay indeed :D

And a new one. Because I was planning to play Dragon Age Inquisition. A pic happened instead.

Some filtering postwork. Raw render on request.

Hug_11_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 153K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

Ooo I like it. My son bought me a package of dragonage games for christmas, I've been enjoying them. Modding them tho, like I have Skyrim.

edited February 2015

Thank you.

Dragon Age is a lot of fun. My aging computer begs to differ about Inquisition, but I can't heeeeaaaar it ;)

I made a fake DA2 based screenshot the other day http://fav.me/d8eotap

edited December 1969

I love posing. Simple as.

It makes things like this happen.

The elf is mine, I borrowed the drow from my best friend :) That's why I uploaded the watermarked version. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Fire_13_-_WM.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 175K
    edited December 1969

Playing with creature creator and shaders.

Kinda liked the doodle that came out of it.

Glass_Demon_4_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 180K
    edited December 1969

This cheerful, rogue-ish elf boy is interfering with my gaming a lot..

Ah, but he's also lots of fun, so I suppsoe he's forgiven.

"Alice, this won't do! What's the point of having a treasure room when there is no treasure in it?"

And so starts a whole new adventure..

Dimi_-_Treasure_Room_10_small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Jerutha, my beloved moody ranger, finally agreed to cooperate again.

Under the condition that ir would be an outdoors scene with lot of green. Fine by me, as I also wanted something green for Llola Llane's monthly challenge :)

Rutha_-_just_ranging_11_small.png
    1200 x 960 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Because it is very important to blur the item you were testing in the first place..

But I guess by now it's common knowldge that I can never simply test or play with something ;)

Just a simple scene from a co-op story with my friend. Nothing particularly interesting.

The camel is nice, though. Even if my coffee grinder of a computer doen't like it one bit.

Desert_11_smaller.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 282K
    edited December 1969

Happy Easter everyone :)

Never worry, Nes will paint the eggs.

Easter_9_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 263K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

mori_mann said:
    Playing with creature creator and shaders.

Kinda liked the doodle that came out of it.

I like it!
    And Happy Easter to you too. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you, Novica :)

Playing with something new. Sometimes choosing the camera is the hardest part..

It's not going to be any of these.

*grins stupidly*

Crossbow_6.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    Crossbow_2_cam_choice.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    Crossbow_8.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    edited December 1969

And this is the final product :)

Well, after some resizing and a little postwork.

Crossbow_15_Small.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 322K