Clothing in DAZ is total BS

2»

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

danwat801 said:
    Those are V4 & M5 Figures, I have M3-4-5 and V2-3-4-5 but my options for supports are only V4 and M4 and M5
    The clothing is A3 and M3. I cannot fit them to my people without the support drop down menu. I dont understand why it has to be this complicated, nore do I understand why my drop down menu only has The girl, the kids, M4 M5 & V4 and I think Aliko or some crap

Ahh, the perils of older figures. This is why products like Crossdresser came up. The issue is that they're being fit onto totally different body shapes and figures. 3D models have to match vertex-for-vertex what the original mesh was like in order to look correct. In ye olde times, you needed to use things like magnets to correctly fit certain items, or rely on morphs to do the job.

And yes, I agree it wasn't the best system.

However, now we have Genesis. Genesis is nice in that clothing will automatically scale with the figure meaning that, for the most part, it will fit any figure you want to clothe. An example is below. This is because more modern figures use weight mapping thanks to advances in 3D programming, and thus the Gen5 figures are leagues ahead of the competition for flexibility.

Genesis.jpg
    873 x 300 - 141K