Trying to fix the "Duplicate Formulas Found" Error and completely baffled

So, everytime I try to load a character that I've altered from the base characters, DAZ pops up this error message:

"Duplicate formulas found in files. Make sure that the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details."

have looked into the log files and... I have no idea what I'm looking at. There are a number of things that show up as WARNINGs, but I don't know if they're relevant to my problem, where I could find them, or how I could fix them. I'm hoping someone here can tell me, hopefully in plain English for Luddite idiots who probably shouldn't be allowed to handle a computer, how to beat this freaking error into submission.

Attached is the log file for a simple base model with costume. If actually digging through the log file is too much (and I totally understand if it is), I've done my best to simplify the task by including a sample of each kind of error message that I'm finding, below:

2018-01-19 10:30:41.957 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7821): Failed to add user alias property to node.
2018-01-19 10:30:41.961 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1447): Failed to create alias!

2018-01-19 10:30:43.110 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5737): Could not find output property for formula: Genesis3Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast%20Control/R%20Height.dsf#R%20Height?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast%20Control/%21Breast%20Height.dsf

2018-01-19 10:30:43.187 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5795): Could not find target property for formula: head:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing%20Up/head_CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n27.dsf#CTRLMD_N_XRotate_n27?value in file : /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Aging%20Morphs%203/NeckLowerBendHead2SH2.dsf

2018-01-19 10:31:01.556 WARNING: general\dzmorphdeltas.cpp(308): Invalid vert count specified in DzMorphDeltas::setTargetVertexCount()

EDIT: Also this one, which I somehow missed. Thanks, Rich!

2018-01-19 10:30:50.955 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE.duf.

txt
txt
Nakia Costume Load Log File.txt
Post edited by stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 on

Comments

• The relevant one would be:

2018-01-19 10:30:50.955 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE.duf

Did you try to set up a link between the Smoothing Type and (by the look of it) a pose control for a braid?

• Assume that I did; if it was something stupid that I could have done because I didn't have a clue what I was doing, then I probably did it. Now... how do I fix it?

• If you save the scene under a new name and reload does it still give the error?

• edited January 2018

Just tried it and... Yup.

...and the log file appears to have added lines; not sure, but when I did a find for 'Duplicate' before, all I got was this:

2018-01-19 10:30:50.955 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE.duf.

Now I've added:

2018-01-19 10:43:56.737 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE.duf.

2018-01-19 12:32:39.657 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE.duf.

2018-01-19 12:37:49.522 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5970): Duplicate formula found linking Smoothing Type & CTRLBraidSL in C:/Users/Canis Latrans/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/BASE Models/Nakia Olba/Nakia G3 Costume BASE 2.duf.

EDIT: Apparently loading a character who doesn't have a braid does not produce this error which is, I suppose, a plus? Of course, I still want to be able to load characters with braids without running into this, so...

Post edited by stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 on
  • Well, it's prsumably an issue in the hair. I was hoping that having been unable to load the ERC correctly DS would drop the duplicates and be left with a working (though possibly not ideal) link.

Select the hair, or whatever it is that has the braid, and right-click in the Parameters pane then select Edit mode (if it isn't selected). Find the Smoothign Type parameter. Right-click on it and select Show in Proeperty Hierarchy (I think, rendering at the moment so i can't check). If you now expand the entries under the property you shoudl find the ERC links and the one (or two) that goes to CTRLBraidSL - right-click on the link and there should be a delete option. Having deleted, save under a new name and see if that will now load without error. if it will, work out if you still need the link and if you do rebuild it.

The most likely way for something like this to happen is if you try to ERC Freeze a property linkage that already exists (for example, trying to refine the values). Before running ERC Freeze on a link that already exists you need to find the link in the Property Hierarchy, right-click, and select ERC Bake - that will remove the link, leaving the proeprties with the values they had, so that you can then do a second ERC Freeze without doubling up.

• Success! Thank you; now if I have a similar error on other models, I'll have an idea what to look for, at least, and how to fix it.