Daz Studio slowdown?

2»

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited January 2018

Still says I have no cuda device.

2018-01-19 07:10:35.887 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Device statistics:
    2018-01-19 07:10:35.887 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070):   1282 iterations, 79.570s init, 976.030s render
    2018-01-19 07:10:35.887 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CPU:   116 iterations, 78.937s init, 969.052s render

No, no. I was C programmer for many years. It does say you have a CUDA device and that is the device 0. That is how C, C++, C# and other languages start counting - They start at 0 rather than 1. It used to and probably still causes programmer to write SW bugs on occasion although compilers are much better at catching that mistake now. Computer languages like Pascal start counting at 1.

My log file does say though I have 0 (zero) CUDA devices not that I have a CUDA Device 0.

I was also tempted to go back to version 4.9 but I think instead I will just start exporting to Blender as a matter of habit.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Yeah, probably. Thats the only mention of cuda I have in my log file.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Serene Night

Are you running Windows 10? I’m wondering if a recent patch might be the real issue since I don’t see a change in rendering or viewport speed on my Windows 7, Studio 4.10.0.123

Yes, and I do think the recent patch caused it to slow down as I noticed speed improved when I removed the patch. Unfortunately since it is windows 10, I also had to change my wifi to metered, and delay the patch install 365 days to prevent it from downloading again.

I've located a copy of DAZ 4.9.

So I will test the same render and see if there is a difference in speed.

• Jeazy3dJeazy3d Posts: 40

I've located a copy of DAZ 4.9.

So I will test the same render and see if there is a difference in speed.

Is your problem solved ? I have the same problem now.

No. I couldn’t downgrade Daz studio. Although I have an old version unfortunately it refused to install

my problem start after formatted my computer,before that i had issue with emissive shader it no work,after format it is working.*** upgrade from 4gb to 8gb of ram.

but now there is another issue with iray preview mode, preparing scene ,it take too long than usual i have experience before.

some scene took me 4-5 minute to preparing scene is done,before formatted my computer it seem to be real quick just 10 sec or no more than 1 minute.*with 4 gb of ram.

in render tab,cpu & gpu are checked,if i check only gpu  it will take longer to preparing and never done,i have to check both cpu and gpu and that make  4-5 minute.

my laptop is asus k456 u,intel core i5 6200u,nvidia geforce 930 mx,memory 8gb,hdd ssd 512gb.

or may be because i have more content on library so it cause a problem.

preparing scene.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 798K

went to the shop where i baught this laptop,moving hdd to another laptop with nvidia 1050 to give a try and it slow as what i have.

even i want to buy other computer with gtx 1080ti,the seller do not recommend it to me,waste my time,waste my money,because the problem is not graphic card.

and do not know what is this problem.

content with iray just leave it,only continue with 3delight

• I have it-8700k CPU @3.70GHz, 32 GB RAM, 64bit OS and it takes forever to load any GF8 model. GM8 seems to load ok. What is the problem?

•  

Sorry, should have been i7-8700k.

I have i7-8700k CPU @3.70GHz, 32 GB RAM, 64bit OS and it takes forever to load any GF8 model. GM8 seems to load ok. What is the problem?

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

You likely have a large number of characters and / or morph packages. 

ronfont77 said:

I have it-8700k CPU @3.70GHz, 32 GB RAM, 64bit OS and it takes forever to load any GF8 model. GM8 seems to load ok. What is the problem?

• You're right. I seem to have over bought.