PC specs

Hi All

Running Win10 kept updated installed on a 256GB SSD, 16GB corsair ram, AMD 8320 8 core CPU and GTX1060 graphics card.

How should DAZ perform whilst just working in DAZ ? WIth a single character it is fairly fast to navigate and load the character. But if i have more than two it slows down and i battle to navigate. Also the scene takes forever to load.

I use the Texture Shaded option when i want to get a fairly clear view of what my scene / char will look like but navigating i change it to wireframe which is fast. Still Texture Shaded it's just dead slow.

Blender, Photoshop runs fine.

Reinstall my DAZ or upgrade my ram some more? I do however have a lot of stuff added on in my DAZ.

Comments

• plarffplarff Posts: 256
    edited January 2018

Seems im not the only one with this problem... lots of viewers no suggestions to speed things up. Probably the answer is either a 6GB memory card or SLI configuration.

I have also seen a script command that clears memory cache can anyone confirm if this helps?

Post edited by plarff on
  • Iray does not use SLI, and in fact nVidia advises disabling it (in the driver) for Iray applications as far as I know). As for the preview, that's purely OpenGL but there are speed-ups available - go to Edit>Prefrences>Interface tab and make sure that Display Optimisation is set to Best (which should be safe on your system).

Iray does not use SLI, and in fact nVidia advises disabling it (in the driver) for Iray applications as far as I know). As for the preview, that's purely OpenGL but there are speed-ups available - go to Edit>Prefrences>Interface tab and make sure that Display Optimisation is set to Best (which should be safe on your system).

Thank you will give it a try

• plarff said:

Hi All

Running Win10 kept updated installed on a 256GB SSD, 16GB corsair ram, AMD 8320 8 core CPU and GTX1060 graphics card.

How should DAZ perform whilst just working in DAZ ? WIth a single character it is fairly fast to navigate and load the character. But if i have more than two it slows down and i battle to navigate. Also the scene takes forever to load.

I use the Texture Shaded option when i want to get a fairly clear view of what my scene / char will look like but navigating i change it to wireframe which is fast. Still Texture Shaded it's just dead slow.

Reinstall my DAZ or upgrade my ram some more? I do however have a lot of stuff added on in my DAZ.

Here's an article that might help you out.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/building-pc-3d-rendering-animation

plarff said:

Hi All

Here's an article that might help you out.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/building-pc-3d-rendering-animation

Thank you, reading it now.