How do I fix these weird lines in Travelers naturals flowers vol1- Solved

freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
edited January 2018 in The Commons

I have a weird artifact showing up around the edges of these flowers and also within them.  I'm assuming this is because they are an older product and not supposed to be used as foreground elements.  Is there any way for me to fix the base texture material file in photoshop so that the lines disapear? 

desert map3a.png
600 x 780 - 1018K
Post edited by freni-kyn on

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

image is too small to see the issue.

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    Mattymanx said:

image is too small to see the issue.

Sorry.  I uploaded the wrong image.  Fixed it now.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited January 2018
    freni-kyn said:

I have a weird artifact showing up around the edges of these flowers and also within them.  I'm assuming this is because they are an older product and not supposed to be used as foreground elements.  Is there any way for me to fix the base texture material file in photoshop so that the lines disapear? 

The artifacts possibly go away if you render in progressive mode. I posted some rendersettings for 3DL in the IBLM commercial thread.

ETA: If the mats have normal maps, try to remove them to if that fixes the issue!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    freni-kyn said:

The artifacts possibly go away if you render in progressive mode. I posted some rendersettings for 3DL in the IBLM commercial thread.

ETA: If the mats have normal maps, try to remove them to if that fixes the issue!

Do you mean the ibl master commercial thread?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    freni-kyn said:

It could be as simple a fix as making sure that the black background in the transmap is completely 100% black

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

If it is this package:

https://www.daz3d.com/traveler-s-naturals-flowers-vol-1-cosmos

I can see those outlines in the preview window in DS, but sofar, I've not been able to reproduce those outlines in in Iray render. They do show up in 3delight........

Also looked at the transmap in GIMP and found no errors there, did even repaint the top art to make sure it is black..... re-rendered, same results

I'll give'em a try in poser.....

Tried them in Poser11. same results: outlines visible in preview, but not when renderderd in firefly or superfly. Tried with both the original transmap and the modified transmap......   

Odd indeed

Ok, something that might be worth a try; changing the vertical offset of the flower texture to 0.01

ofset0.01.JPG
    1316 x 683 - 158K

Followed your settings and changing to progressive mode did fix the issue.  Thanks. 

glaseye said:

Ok, something that might be worth a try; changing the vertical offset of the flower texture to 0.01

That did make it better on the preview page but it still had lines when I rendered it.  I am using 3delight.  It has no lines in iray.  I will just have to render in progressive mode if I want them fixed. 

Weird, I've tried progressive rendering as well, without the offset, and there was still the outline visible. Sofar in my test renders with the offset, no outline.

I guess lighting, camera angle and background(colour) are of influence as well, so it's probably a bit of hit and mis....

• I remember 3DL had this weird setting that could cause stuff from over a texture's edge to bleed, is that what's happening here? It would show texture seams on certain characters if not set properly. (I don't remember what it was.)

edited January 2018

It seems to be the IBLM light shader that has a minor bug. Black spots appear sometimes and changing camera angle/distans slightly can help. Also removing normal maps make them sometimes go away so my guess is it's related to the normals somehow. Parris has been informed and says it's been looked into.

ETA Progressive works better than default mode.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

I remember 3DL had this weird setting that could cause stuff from over a texture's edge to bleed, is that what's happening here? It would show texture seams on certain characters if not set properly. (I don't remember what it was.)

Maybe related to this discussion?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71890/texture-seam-question

It seems to be the IBLM light shader that has a minor bug. Black spots appear sometimes and changing camera angle/distans slightly can help. Also removing normal maps make them sometimes go away so my guess is it's related to the normals somehow. Parris has been informed and says it's been looked into.

There are no normal, bump or displacemets maps/settings involved with this product.

glaseye said:

There are no normal, bump or displacemets maps/settings involved with this product.

Talkin about normals of the mesh lighted by the shader;) Like for example flowers;)

Ah, my bad.... (and lack of knowledge on my part.....blush )

glaseye said:

Ah, my bad.... (and lack of knowledge on my part.....blush )

Lol! And as I said only guessing. Don't know the cause, only couple of workarounds:)

• glaseye said:

I remember 3DL had this weird setting that could cause stuff from over a texture's edge to bleed, is that what's happening here? It would show texture seams on certain characters if not set properly. (I don't remember what it was.)

Maybe related to this discussion?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/71890/texture-seam-question

Yep! Very related.

Glad that he is looking into it.  I've been encouraged that every time I've visited his site he has more info uploaded on the faq page. 

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    freni-kyn said:

Glad that he is looking into it.  I've been encouraged that every time I've visited his site he has more info uploaded on the faq page. 

Yes, now that I have documentation more complete on my website here: https://www.chrisparrishdesign.com/ibl-master/, and have also finished a PDF version, I am on to focusing on what is causing the spots/lines in some renders. You can rest assured that I will report back (in the commercial thread for IBL Master) when I either have a solution or other news about it. smiley

Parris said:
    freni-kyn said:

Yes, now that I have documentation more complete on my website here: https://www.chrisparrishdesign.com/ibl-master/, and have also finished a PDF version, I am on to focusing on what is causing the spots/lines in some renders. You can rest assured that I will report back (in the commercial thread for IBL Master) when I either have a solution or other news about it. smiley

Thanks for the update.  I am loving the ibl master.