M7/V7 Wearing M8/V8 Clothing Fix?

Is there any way to make M7/V8 clothes fit the arms.  Any outfit that doesn't include arms (like pants), seems to autofit fine.  Anything with arms sees the arms not fitting properly.  Anyone come up with a fix for this?  Thanks!

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2018
    onimusha said:

Is there any way to make M7/V8 clothes fit the arms.  Any outfit that doesn't include arms (like pants), seems to autofit fine.  Anything with arms sees the arms not fitting properly.  Anyone come up with a fix for this?  Thanks!

Genesis 3 and Genesis 8 are so similar you can "convert" most clothing from one generation to fit the other, without the arm issue you're seeing. This conversion does not use auto-fit and requires a bit of work. but it's all done in Daz Studio. Sickleyield has a tutorial on just how to do that: Convert Clothing G3 to G8, G8 to G3

I learned a lot about Daz Studio when I learned how to make G3 clothing fit G8 and vice-versa. So not only have I increased the wardrobe of both generation of figures, I also increased my knowledge of the program. I'm sure you can do the same.

Good luck.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • onimushaonimusha Posts: 189

Wow this is pretty epic.  Thanks!

Sadly, this method didn't work for me because I'm not running the DAZ installer :(.  Wondering if there's a product that does this...

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311

Auto fit fits G3 clothing to G8 fine, I don't have any problem with clothing with sleeves..

I need to fit G8 clothing to G3 :(.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,311
    onimusha said:

I need to fit G8 clothing to G3 :(.

Ahh ok sorry read it the other way around.

@onimusha, if you and I both have the same outfit, I'm willing to create a step-by-step of what I do to make that G8 outfit work on G3. Not including shoes.

Maybe list 3-5 G8 outfits you'd like to fit to G3 and I'll see if I have any of them.

Very kind of you, but I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to use as well as some products that I haven't bought because I knew they weren't going to work.  I don't understand why DAZ didn't make G8 as compatible with G3 as G3 was with previous generations of Genesis figures.  I guess I'll just use G8 with a G3 head if I ever need to really have a figure wearing some G8 clothing.  Thanks!

• G8 is as compatible with G3 as G3 was with G2. DAZ has NEVER gone back and added clones for future figures to the old bases.
  • G8 is as compatible with G3 as G3 was with G2. DAZ has NEVER gone back and added clones for future figures to the old bases.

Indeed; this has always been something the PAs have taken the effort to do, since they knew people wanted it to happen.

onimusha said:

Very kind of you, but I have a bunch of stuff I'd like to use as well as some products that I haven't bought because I knew they weren't going to work.  I don't understand why DAZ didn't make G8 as compatible with G3 as G3 was with previous generations of Genesis figures.  I guess I'll just use G8 with a G3 head if I ever need to really have a figure wearing some G8 clothing.  Thanks!

I thought if I did a step-by-step on something you own, it would help you figure out how to do it with the other things you have. It's actually pretty easy once you've done it.

As agent unawares said, Daz does not provide clones for previous generations, but with every generation, one of the PAs comes out with a Wear It All product that adds older generations to auto-fit.

And if you're willing to try it, the Morphs from G3 to G8 thread has a pdf tutorial from @Redz, (aka RedzStudio,) with a step-by-step that will allow you to make your own G8 auto-fit clone, even though the purpose of the tutorial is to create shape morphs for G8 figures. The tutorial uses G2F, so you will need to substitute G3F, and on page 2, at the bottom, number 19 has a typo. It says: "Delete Genesis 2 Female and MyG8Clone_G2F from the scene." when it should be "Delete Genesis 8 Female and MyG8Clone_G2F from the scene." Finish that first part all the way through step "24. Click File-Save as- Support Asset- Morph Asset," and you will then have your own G8 clone show up under auto-fit. You can also do the same for Genesis 2 Female and the original Genesis female, if you'd like.

Good luck.

I figured out how to do it, I just can't do it unless I use smart content, which I uninstalled due to some crashing issues and I don't want to go back and install.  I will look at that other tutorial and see if it works.

G8 is as compatible with G3 as G3 was with G2. DAZ has NEVER gone back and added clones for future figures to the old bases.

Clothes for Genesis 1-3 were pretty easy to autofit to one another.  I have never had a problem using G3 clothes on G2 or G2 clothes on G1. Because of the default pose of G8, it's a lot more problematic.  Everything seems to autofit except arms...

So I just did a fresh install on my laptop and made sure I installed the SQS and it worked!!!  I managed to get G3 to wear G8 clothes!  Thanks for all your help in this!!!