Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2018 CLOSED

Comments

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

Really nice, SimonJM! I especially like the painted look using FotoSketcher.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    SimonJM said:

Just for fun, this is the full-size image used ifor the painting (using the same girl and clothes, but posed outside) and post-worked with FotoSketcher:

hum.. Simon .. Simon... (counts... one .. two...)  Only supposed to be one render per person.... per month... I guess you are flustered with no kitteh in the doorway.  lol... rules.. rules... rules... are there too many rules????  lol

That aside... i do like the fotosketcher artwork the best ;)

It wasn't me, the kitteh uplaoded them .. honest! cheeky

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Just for fun, this is the full-size image used ifor the painting (using the same girl and clothes, but posed outside) and post-worked with FotoSketcher:

hum.. Simon .. Simon... (counts... one .. two...)  Only supposed to be one render per person.... per month... I guess you are flustered with no kitteh in the doorway.  lol... rules.. rules... rules... are there too many rules????  lol

Kittehs are always on the keyboards.  I knew they were up to no good.  Good thing I don't have a kitteh.

Dana

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

That'll teach you... Kitteh's demand to be inserted in artwork! :)

DanaTA said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Kittehs are always on the keyboards.  I knew they were up to no good.  Good thing I don't have a kitteh.

Dana

LOL... yep... and my 2 are no exception... Com-on Dana... don'tcha want a kitteh... or two???  lol

DanaTA said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Dana

LOL... yep... and my 2 are no exception... Com-on Dana... don'tcha want a kitteh... or two???  lol

Two?  I would probably die.  I don't hate kittens.  But I am allergic.  I spend a couple of hours just in the same house and I go home feeling like when I had asthma, struggling for my next breath.  Thing is, they seem to love me, too.  They always come right to me, sit on my lap, etc.   indecision

Dana

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Is it now that I should admit to not having any kittehs ..? cheeky

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Kittehs... Did someone say Kittehs!?

The Royal Bedchamber

The Royal Bedchamber, by L'Adair

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

very nice

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

L'Adair your kittehs bed chamber is bigger then my apartment, very nice.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some beautiful squared renders thus far!!

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Dana

Two?  I would probably die.  I don't hate kittens.  But I am allergic.  I spend a couple of hours just in the same house and I go home feeling like when I had asthma, struggling for my next breath.  Thing is, they seem to love me, too.  They always come right to me, sit on my lap, etc.   indecision

Dana

awe.. such a shame.... and they are so fluffy and cute too!  But I get'cha... best avoid them at all costs ;)

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Yes Simon... naughty.. naughty ;)

L'Adair said:

The Royal Bedchamber

I think there's a kitteh in there somewhere.... lol.  My cats hide in the covers... hard to tell sometimes.. till I see the covers moving... lol.  Great square rendition too... That bedchamber has squares all over it... Very well done!  Thanks for sharing L'Adair!

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Yes Simon... naughty.. naughty ;)

But I will, by proxy, for a few days in a few days time laughcheeky

Thank you, bigh, deeleelaw57, and saphirewild.

@SimonJM, I am so sorry to hear of your feline impairment. Seriously, allergies can be crippling, so I don't blame you for not having any kittehs, but it sure seems like you're missing out on a lot of love.

L'Adair said:

The Royal Bedchamber

I think there's a kitteh in there somewhere.... lol.  My cats hide in the covers... hard to tell sometimes.. till I see the covers moving... lol.  Great square rendition too... That bedchamber has squares all over it... Very well done!  Thanks for sharing L'Adair!

Yes, laugh there's a big, fluffy, white cat snuggled in for the day. (I patterned him off my own big, fluffy, white cat… aka Newman.) I did a second render from that scene, of the cat: The Royal Mouser. (Link opens the gallery page in a new window, if anyone is interested in the kitteh... lol)

• @L'Adair what a wonderful image! Great lighting and POV. And I love the cat hiding!

L'Adair said:

@SimonJM, I am so sorry to hear of your feline impairment. Seriously, allergies can be crippling, so I don't blame you for not having any kittehs, but it sure seems like you're missing out on a lot of love.

L'Adair said:

The Royal Bedchamber

Yes, laugh there's a big, fluffy, white cat snuggled in for the day. (I patterned him off my own big, fluffy, white cat… aka Newman.) I did a second render from that scene, of the cat: The Royal Mouser. (Link opens the gallery page in a new window, if anyone is interested in the kitteh... lol)

Not allergic to the furry wee beasties, just never been taken on by any as a servant!  I will eb cat-sitting a friend's cats this weekend, though smiley

L'Adair said:

L'Adair said:

The Royal Bedchamber

Nope, that's me that's allergic.

Nice image!

Dana

SimonJM said:
    Not allergic to the furry wee beasties, just never been taken on by any as a servant!  I will eb cat-sitting a friend's cats this weekend, though smiley

Oh. Well, in that case...  You're still missing out, just don't have a good excuse! lol

DanaTA said:

Nope, that's me that's allergic.

Nice image!

Dana

Phew! I was beginning to doubt my sanity. I was positive I read someone was allegic, after being told it wasn't SimonJM. I'm sorry you're allergic, though. Some of my best cuddles have come from my furbabies.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

I'm allergic as well that's why I got rabbits (which was a bit of therapie as well to train myself in "not every animal hair I see is a cats hair")

already half a month gone, beautiful shares everywhere and its a short month at that, I need to get my squares in shape...

edited February 2018

Here is my Squared off render for this month!!!

Titled: Sad Eyes

Sad Eyes.png
    3000 x 1688 - 7M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478

Sad eyes cause he is all alone, very nice Saphirewild.

Sad eyes cause he is all alone, very nice Saphirewild.

Yes he misses his family! Thanks!

Very nice, @Saphirewild.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Oh no we need to free him!

Nice work @Saphirewild!

Thank you so much L'Adair and Linwelly for the nice comments!!

L'Adair: Great scene! I really like the reflections from the fire and light on the floor.

edited February 2018

Saphirewild: Very nice use of square, and the churning/foaming effects you applied to the water really emphasize the whale's struggle to be free.

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • @Saphirewild Very nice image. We need to free him (or her)