Iray and Aiko 3

What can I do to make Aiko 3 look better in iray?  Her skin textures are for 3Delight or poser not iray.  I think there is an iray skin texture script that I got long time ago but two problems I forgot its name and not sure if it works with Aiko 3 or other non genesis based figures.  If I could remember its name I could find the read me to see if it will work with Aiko 3.

Also are there any free tutorials to rerig Aiko 3 (or other figures not weight mapped in Daz) but not use rigging of another figure?  I want to be able to learn how to rig the proper way so when I get good at modeling humanoid figures and rig them myself to redistribute legally. Also is there a way to legally distribute weight mapped Aiko 3? Especially with her added morphs.

Comments

• Aiko 3 works fine in DS as far as I know. I used to use her exclusively in Poser, but haven't really done much with her in DS, but IIRC she can be posed and her Poser-based poses do work.

Only problem with her now is the lack of 2K textures. Those older ones really show their age in DS now.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

Aiko 3 works fine in DS as far as I know. I used to use her exclusively in Poser, but haven't really done much with her in DS, but IIRC she can be posed and her Poser-based poses do work.

Only problem with her now is the lack of 2K textures. Those older ones really show their age in DS now.

Hmmm I got Photoshop but if I could find 2D female reference photos I could try to do something.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I used Sylfie in Iray last year and she turned out good imho.  i dont recall doing much setting wise with the skin

https://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/Once-More-with-Feeling-654310465

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    Mattymanx said:

I used Sylfie in Iray last year and she turned out good imho.  i dont recall doing much setting wise with the skin

https://mattymanx.deviantart.com/art/Once-More-with-Feeling-654310465

I forgot Sylfie's name, but was thinking of her but did not know her name so I could not go farther with using her.  I just did a run on sentence, oops/

• Aiko 3 works fine in DS as far as I know. I used to use her exclusively in Poser, but haven't really done much with her in DS, but IIRC she can be posed and her Poser-based poses do work.

Hmmm I got Photoshop but if I could find 2D female reference photos I could try to do something.

You might find something somewhere like A3 being remapped to the V4/Genesis style. I think I saw something like that once but can't recall exactly.

Then again, wasn't there an Iconic Gen 3 Shapes for Genesis? I know there was a Gen 4 for Genesis.

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

If you have the "A3/H3 shapes for Genesis" package you can use those clones as morphs for Genesis, which will give you a lot nicer skins to work with.  From there, you can even create an A3 morph for G8 if you want using one of the several tutorials out there, like Redz tutorial, though the eyes will need to be tweaked.  (Moving them about .2 in the Z translate worked for me.)

Cheers!

• CrescentCrescent Posts: 319

Here's a very quick render of G1 using the A3 clone as a morph and the G1 Tsukiko skin.

A3-Gen1.png
    365 x 500 - 47K
  • I should amend my previous statement: I used Aiko 3 with the XinXin morphs and the Realistic dial kicked up about halfway. The bug-eyed and pointy-chin thing doesn't work for me in 3D like it does in 2D.