wishes for a better Hexagon

zoom function goes to the center of the scene not to left upper corner

feel free to ad your wishes i think there are a lot

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 301

Zoom function already goes to wherever you leave your mouse pointer. Stop leaving it in the upper left corner.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,071

ok zoom is related to mouseplacement

good to know

mouse in the center- zoom to the center

mouse right side of screen- zoom goes to the left

mouse left side of screen- zoom goes to the right

• edited December 2017

Weird. Been using Hexagon since the beginning. Never had any problems with mouse zoom using the default mouse wheel.  What did you change about your mouse for Hexagon?

Post edited by shawndriscoll_34affb248a on
  • For me it would be nice to have some UV options -

UV map output sizes 1024*1024 etc 

It would be nice to have a frame option - so it keeps the view to grid size.

A lock option on the UV Window - handy if your in split screen mode.

A way to reduce stretching.

If the above is not possible - a way to flatten a line automatically - Say you are making table cloth with a trim, when you unfold the trim the uvmap is all over the place so you have to take each line and use the arrows scale cube to straighten the edge.

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 510

For me it would be nice to have some UV options -

If the above is not possible - a way to flatten a line automatically - Say you are making table cloth with a trim, when you unfold the trim the uvmap is all over the place so you have to take each line and use the arrows scale cube to straighten the edge.

Having better UV functions would be a big plus. It seems like a logical next step if Hexagon is to be the Daz app for modifying or modeling content.

It would also be nice to have some procedural noise texturing built in as well.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 925
    edited January 14

I doubt very much if those involved will read this so it maybe better to send your ideas to them via the Bug Report - Technical Support under the "Feature Request" title.

https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

Because the way I am (old and I like things the way they are) a couple other tweaks I'd like are -

A way to Save/Load your Preferences options.

A way to Save/Load your Shortcut Key options.

Custom Palette option - Be able arranged the icons as you like them.

That's my wish list for the new build - What's yours ?

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 510
    edited January 15

I doubt very much if those involved will read this so it maybe better to send your ideas to them via the Bug Report - Technical Support under the "Feature Request" title.

I think public discussion is better and can give weight to or clarify certain ideas in a addition to a "Feature Request". While the stated policy is to report to the "Help" system, comments here are most certainly read, although they will not be acknowledged.

One of the things I miss about the old Mantis system is following the discussion over time.

Post edited by cdordoni on
  • I do agree about the Mantis, I was on the Beta for the 2.5 version, it was a lot easier seeing what someone else found and seeing if I could re-produce the problem.

Mention no names (Hi Anton), some people will be taking notes, but as you say, they will probably not take part in the discussion - get back to work guys - where's my 64 bit Hex laugh

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 301

For me it would be nice to have some UV options -

Yeah. That has been a complaints since 2.0 came out. You got better map output by taking a screenshot of the UV window than Hex could give you. A bit ridiculous really.

Or you could just turn snapping on and snap the points to the grid lines.

• We don't need new features! We need Hex to be 64bit and the big bugs fixed. Untill then more features mean more broken stuff to fix.

• Ascania said:

Or you could just turn snapping on and snap the points to the grid lines.

Thanks Ascania, I'll give that a go :)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,071

We don't need new features! We need Hex to be 64bit and the big bugs fixed. Untill then more features mean more broken stuff to fix.

now pls tell what are the big bugs ?

• If you've found a big bug fill in a Help Ticket - https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

There is a post - Hexagon BETA - version 2.5.2.109! if you want to share your findings.

64bit is top of my wish list, but there's still a few things I'd like to be able to do with Hex.