save a file

I'm new in 3D in general. After rendering my work is saved at a very low resolution and with a size of 91 x 91px. Is not there a tutorial that explains the first steps for document design, settings to be given etc.?sad

At the moment I did not make purchases because I'm practicing with the default productscool

Untitled.duf.png
91 x 91 - 26K

Comments

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 2017

What you are seeing there is a thumbnail for your scene file that is "untitled.duf". If you used the "Save" command, then it saved a copy of the scene, along with the thumbnail of what was showing in your viewport. If you want to render an image of your scene, start by going into the Render Settings available by opening the Render tab, then the Render Settings tab, or by using Render > Render Settings from the menu bar. There you will see various options, including your choice of render engines (3Delight or Iray), options for setting image size (Pixels x Pixels) and whether you wish the render to appear in a new window or be saved automatically to an image file on your hard drive. If the render to a new window option is selected, then you must save it with a name and location once the render completes . If render to image is selected you must also specify a filename and folder location to which it will be automatically saved upon completion. Your render settings will persist for any subsequent work unless you go in and change them. For an individual session of DAZ Studio the name used to save image files will also not reset on its own, so you need to change the name for each render you do or it will overwrite the previous one. Closing and restarting DAZ Studio will reset the filename to a blank, while retaining all the previously used settings.

Post edited by SixDs on
  • SixDs said:

Thanks for the reply. I opened the rendering settings window, there are various options but I could not change the image size. I saw that it saves me the image in my library folder with a size of 72dpi and a size 989 x 701px. I thought I had changed the settings for the rescue but I was wrong. In the screen that I attached here are those circled in red that I have to change change?

Schermata 2017-12-13 alle 20.54.01.jpg
    993 x 730 - 155K
  • Look at the tabs at the top, you're in the Advanced sub-tab instead of the Editor sub-tab.

• Ok, I finally understood this point. Thank you. sì I still have to study a lot occhiolino