Hero FX - No clue how to use this..

jmlynch2kjmlynch2k Posts: 30
edited December 2017 in New Users

Bought it.  Bought the Sci-Fi expansion too.  I have actually put some time into looking for where this stuff is located and how to make use of it. I've accomplished nothing at all.   I'm obviously missing some crucial step here.  Help me obiwan!

Post edited by jmlynch2k on

Comments

• These are props (or figures) which give you, I think, textured planes that you can place in your scenes and rotate so they face the camera (or nearly so) to produce varous ray and glow effects. They are old products with Poser materials only, so will need some tinkering for best results in Daz Studio.

• Thank you.  I'll give it another go.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990

Load the plane first, and then select it and apply whatever surface image you want. When you use them im Iray, convert the surface to Iray using the Iray Uber Shader, then plug the diffuse image into both the base color and the emission colour slot. Change the emission colour to white (or whatever you want). Plug the transparency map into cutout opacity, and you are good to go. For more glow, crank up the emission lumiance to values above 5000.