Let’s Make Clothing! Tutorial thread. Shoes too!

Comments

• edited September 2012

Well, just to note: The "J" version of that tail is after I was playing with union in hexagon- Using union, is divided the mesh in triangles, and then smoothing divided those triangles into quads again- so it became huge, fast, and rather messy. I did pull that version into Poser and rigged it there to see what effect it has with those flower shaped polygon clusters, and it choppy as all get up at the joints. So that object is definitely not suitable for anything but practice. :)
    The original, low poly version of that tail- prior to union, sub-d, and endless abuse, is located here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/krwn1nl9sk4mio9/Mertail-A.rar (Silo Scale in Import)
    When I test rigged this one in Poser, no problem, bent alright, bones took right in. In Daz|Studio, I tried to rig it and failed with same problem..the bones are there, but none of the geometry moves. I must be missing a step somewhere.
    Edit:
    Opps, same file here, but with the proper UV map, and the seams welded together:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ukxsm79v5dzxs91/Mertail-A2.rar (Poser Scale in Import)

Post edited by e-bahr_b0b4c77606 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2012

Ebahr said:
    Well, just to note: The "J" version of that tail is after I was playing with union in hexagon- Using union, is divided the mesh in triangles, and then smoothing divided those triangles into quads again- so it became huge, fast, and rather messy. I did pull that version into Poser and rigged it there to see what effect it has with those flower shaped polygon clusters, and it choppy as all get up at the joints. So that object is definitely not suitable for anything but practice. :)
    The original, low poly version of that tail- prior to union, sub-d, and endless abuse, is located here:
    ... edit ... (Silo Scale in Import)
    When I test rigged this one in Poser, no problem, bent alright, bones took right in. In Daz|Studio, I tried to rig it and failed with same problem..the bones are there, but none of the geometry moves. I must be missing a step somewhere.
    Edit:
    Opps, same file here, but with the proper UV map, and the seams welded together:
    ... edit ... (Poser Scale in Import)

Got 'em.

Edit: Sent you a PM.
    Preliminary tests didn't show positive for rigging this as a clothing item for Genesis. I did get it rigged and the bones moved.
    Possibilities exist to rig a remake of it as its own .cr2 file that could be used with any figure.

I've not made any yet with the "new" figure features ... maybe somebody with more experience knows of the possibilities that way.

I think this might be a great project for GeoGrafting! One of the PAs, blondie9999, has a tutorial wip so there's something to look forward to.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited September 2012

Hay check this method out! Full Body Morph created using Zbrush ... however the work inside D/S4 is still D/S4 :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BI-a9XiXBNM by Mec4D :-)

• edited September 2012

I think this might be a great project for GeoGrafting! One of the PAs, blondie9999, has a tutorial wip so there's something to look forward to.

Thank you for the link to the body morph video. Definitely something to check out.
    Geografting is a great option. I was playing around with it last week, once you get the hang of it it's actually really fun to do. Just can be really fussy when it comes to the 'ring' around the outside of the new geometry. If you disturb the pieces that link up to Genesis just a little bit, the graft will fail, and you may not even notice that it failed until you test some morphs and see that it isn't conforming. I just played with it, basically plowing my way through blind..LOL.
    The tutorial will be interesting, and a great asset to creators all around. I'd love to see the grafting become more popular all around, and see what people come up with over time. So many possibilities!
    Edit: Ohh, I just checked my PM's and saw what the video is all about, too! Awesome! Later on tonight or tomorrow, I'll watch that closely, and maybe be able to put up some starter info on Geografting. Nothing as detailed as what I'm sure Blondie will be doing, but something to get people looking around at where to poke and prod :)

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:

Thank you for the link to the body morph video. Definitely something to check out.
    Geografting is a great option. I was playing around with it last week, once you get the hang of it it's actually really fun to do. Just can be really fussy when it comes to the 'ring' around the outside of the new geometry. If you disturb the pieces that link up to Genesis just a little bit, the graft will fail, and you may not even notice that it failed until you test some morphs and see that it isn't conforming. I just played with it, basically plowing my way through blind..LOL.
    The tutorial will be interesting, and a great asset to creators all around. I'd love to see the grafting become more popular all around, and see what people come up with over time. So many possibilities!
    Edit: Ohh, I just checked my PM's and saw what the video is all about, too! Awesome! Later on tonight or tomorrow, I'll watch that closely, and maybe be able to put up some starter info on Geografting. Nothing as detailed as what I'm sure Blondie will be doing, but something to get people looking around at where to poke and prod :)

Oh that would be wonderful. Actually it could be a help as we find out where the buttons are and what to push ... then we'll be more ready for the professional tutorial. I was reading through another post and loved the comparison to instructions about a camera. They can very much into details for the F-Stop and all that stuff ... but the basic noobie tut generally consists ... First, open the cover and put in a battery. Because quite frankly it doesn't matter how good somebody's tutorial is or isn't ... if there's in effect, no battery in the camera, nothing is going to work.

• edited September 2012

Basic Geografting, 101: Unicorn Horn
    First, a disclaimer- The results from this method contain polygons from Genesis. There are special rules, I believe, on being able to distribute Geographs that contain these polys. I don't fully know what those rules are, so I consider things made by the method describe here as "for personal use only". Since I can't find the thread that explained the legalities- hopefully someone else can fill in the blanks. This is meant to just be a starting point and a "play with this" tut, for better details, I recommend waiting till the geograft tutorial ( I believe by Blondie9999) hits the Daz store.

Found an alternate Tut on this, also, that is worth checking out.. More detailed, and great source:
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=184183&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 [Tutorial] Starting out with Geo-Grafting

I'm going to skip most of the modeling aspect for this with just a fast little overview- first, create the accessory that you will want to geograft to Genesis. Bunny ears, mertail, antennae, whatever it is. I will be assuming you know the basics of your modeling program, and how to extract, combine, and merge pieces of your model. You will want a obj of Genesis at base resolution to use in your modeler, also, since we we doing everything at the base resolution through this. I'll be using Hexagon (free from Daz) as my modeling program here.

Ok, load up the accessory, and the base resolution Genesis figure. Move the accessory to where you're going to want it to be on Genesis, so that you can see what faces it touches and where it covers. Now we be working on the Genesis figure itself, selecting the faces we will need to copy in order to create the Geograft ring.
    In image #1, (note, I colored these areas just to make it easier to explain) the pink boxes are the faces on Genesis where the object itself will be touching. The blue boxes outside of those are the "ring" I've refered too. This is a border of Genesis native polygon faces that can not be altered, as far as I've seen in doing this. Even moving an inside vertex on those faces will make it so the Geografting fails. They can not be smoothed, sub-divided or anything..so careful with the blue border faces. Copy the Ring and the faces inside of it (in Hexagon,select the faces and press ctrl+c, then crtl+V). Delete the rest of the head, it's not needed here anymore. Connect the horn in the middle of those ring, again careful not to alter the border- For ease, I'm just using the pink faces to connect in this example. Normally I would delete the inside of the ring, and carefully connect new faces to the existing verts of the ring.

Once you have your accessory (horn, ears, wings, whatever) attached inside the ring, and you are satisfied with how it looks, save the project out as an object file and move into Daz|Studio.

In Daz Studio: Set your Genesis figure to the Base Resolution (Parameters, General, Resolution Level) and then open up your Polygon Group Editor tool.

Import the Obj you made for the Geograft. Use the transfer utility to make it into a conforming figure for Genesis, but do not fit it to Genesis just yet.Just transform it, and leave it unfit. I also switch my camera to Solid Wireframe, to be able to see the faces better.

Image 2: The Geograft item is in blue. Note how the faces of the ring are identical to the face on Genesis. This is important. Now you will hide the Geograft object, and select the ring faces on the Genesis object itself. When you select a face in the Polygon Group Editor, it will turn yellow. Use Ctrl+lft mouse to select multiple faces, and Alt+left-click to remove faces from the selection if you mess up.

Right click these faces, and choose: Polygon Assignment, Set Graph Faces for fitted Figure. In the pop up, choose your new item.

Image 3: With the polygon editor again, choose the rest of the faces inside the ring, right click, and choose Polygon Assignment. This time choose "Set autohide faces for fitted figure"

Basically, the first thing you set up here was the defining the ring, and telling Daz that, 'when this figure is loaded, these faces will be replaced'. The second thing you just did was tell Daz that when this figure is loaded, 'these faces should disappear.'

Leave the polygon Group Editor, and fit your new Geograft to Genesis. (Parameters, fit to). The faces below it should disappear, and be a hole when the geograft is hidden from view, and when you change Genesis back to High Res now, the geograft should change right along with it.

Save the Geograft out as a Support Asset, Figure or Prop, and you are done. Poke around, find others ways to do this, but just have fun. :)
    Some of this may not be too clear..I'm running on an hours sleep :D

Bonus tip? : You sometimes lose your material/Surface zones when working in Hexagon. If you keep the copied Genesis face's surface area/Material named what it originally was (IE, 1_SkinFace) and are careful to keep that little portions UV intact, you can then apply your figures mat pose to that section of the new Geograft, to make it blend in with the skin textures on your figure. Hopefully that makes sense to texture creators. :)

Image_3.jpg
    750 x 381 - 108K
    Image_2.jpg
    750 x 362 - 111K
    Image_1.jpg
    750 x 475 - 95K
  • edited September 2012

Basic Geografting, 101: Bonus fun
    Geografting is not limited to use on Genesis. For more fun, try this:
    Load a figure ike the Mill Horse/ Mill Horse LE. (I believe all the LE versions are free here at Daz)
    Convert the figure to TriAx Weight Mapping. Select the figure in the Scene tab, go to Edit, then Convert Figure to Weight Mapping, then choose TriAx.
    Now you have a TriAx MillHorse.
    Use the instructions above to make a Geograft for this TriAx millhorse- With a few changes. Don't use the Transfer utility. It'll toss your new object all over the place. Instead, (saying we're using a unicorn horn here,) parent the horn to the Millhorse head. Then go to Edit: Object: Rigging: Convert prop to figure. Have it set with "Inherit bones of the parent" on, and convert your prop. The new figure it creates will Fit To the millhorse afterwards.
    From there, everything is the same as 101. Select the ring faces on the Mill horse, set them to the geograft, set your autohides, then fit the new horn to the Mill horse figure.
    Viola, Geografted, TriAx Unicorn.
    The same principles apply with pretty much any figure.

MillhorseACornThingy.jpg
    750 x 371 - 100K
    edited December 1969

Oh wonderful, thank you.

Legal stuff: Have a good word that most definitely any GeoGrafted items MUST BE APPROVED by Daz3d.com BEFORE released either for free or sale.

However for our own 'never too full Runtimes" ... this looks like FUN.

• edited December 1969

Legal stuff: Have a good word that most definitely any GeoGrafted items MUST BE APPROVED by Daz3d.com BEFORE released either for free or sale.

One thought I haven't tested yet, but will after I get a little sleep- converting Millhorse, v4, and other figures to TriAx has worked well for me. I don't see why there would be any reason someone couldn't create their own original figures (not even humanoids, but basic figures like swords, or complex like clothing), and then use the TriAx / Geograft tech to make them even more versatile. I'm thinking small from exhaustion, but I could see making a sword and several hilts, setting the hilts to be geografted to the sword and switchable on load. Or even a necklace with various pendents, same chain.
    Not sure what practical uses people can come up for it all, but.. creative people do creative things :)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Yay! this thread is back again. Now I need to find some free time to go through all the tutorials!!!

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:

One thought I haven't tested yet, but will after I get a little sleep- converting Millhorse, v4, and other figures to TriAx has worked well for me. I don't see why there would be any reason someone couldn't create their own original figures (not even humanoids, but basic figures like swords, or complex like clothing), and then use the TriAx / Geograft tech to make them even more versatile. I'm thinking small from exhaustion, but I could see making a sword and several hilts, setting the hilts to be geografted to the sword and switchable on load. Or even a necklace with various pendents, same chain.
    Not sure what practical uses people can come up for it all, but.. creative people do creative things :)

And before you know, you'll have a "changling" in the works hehehe ...

By the by, my above comment was of course concerning the purchased figures [any of them from here]. If one has made a figure 100% nothing to do with anything ... gee, don't know if using the technology has any extra whatevers attached. However I'm no where near that point yet.

There is a puppet merchant resource mesh in the store [or at least there was, haven't seen it recently] that might be useful for something.

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Yay! this thread is back again. Now I need to find some free time to go through all the tutorials!!!

Welcome! Hope you find something useful.

Ideas are welcome for future tuts as well.

• edited December 1969

By the by, my above comment was of course concerning the purchased figures [any of them from here]. If one has made a figure 100% nothing to do with anything ... gee, don't know if using the technology has any extra whatevers attached. However I'm no where near that point yet.

Oh, of course :) It just got me thinking, though.. Geografting is a wonderful tool, but for the average creator, it seems limited with the having to go through this and that to use it.. Then my train of thought went,"Wait, why's it got to be limited.. I could make a pair of jeans that transforms into shorts, capris/long shorts, ankles, full jeans, overalls, with accessories like a wallet chain, maybe a cut out and reseamed area for anthromorphic characters (cat tails) , and ..and.. and.." By the third and, I finally fell asleep, though, so brain processes stopped. LOL.
    the ideas are still a fledgling in my mind, but I do think geografting may have a lot of hidden potential that hasn't even thought about being tapped yet. It's one of the parts of this all I hope gets developed a lot further by creators. :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Ebahr said:

I don't suppose you have a link to any source material you used to read for learning more about Geo-Grafting, do you? I would greatly appreciate it as it mystifies me on even how to get started but I am anxious to do so.

• edited September 2012

RKane_1 said:

I don't suppose you have a link to any source material you used to read for learning more about Geo-Grafting, do you? I would greatly appreciate it as it mystifies me on even how to get started but I am anxious to do so.

LOL, I was just PMing you after reading your surfaces thread, we may have even X-posted. :) If you look up this thread just a bit, a post or two after the one you quoted is a mini-tut for Geografting, and I can try and answer questions as it goes.
    Source, I picked up some from a thread in the old forum, other parts were trial and error. I think the thread was called Start Geografting, or something.. Let me search for it and get right back :)

Found it :) I want to cite this up above too, it's more detailed then I remembered :)
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=184183&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 [Tutorial] Starting out with Geo-Grafting

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    RKane_1 said:

LOL, I was just PMing you after reading your surfaces thread, we may have even X-posted. :) If you look up this thread just a bit, a post or two after the one you quoted is a mini-tut for Geografting, and I can try and answer questions as it goes.
    Source, I picked up some from a thread in the old forum, other parts were trial and error. I think the thread was called Start Geografting, or something.. Let me search for it and get right back :)

Found it :) I want to cite this up above too, it's more detailed then I remembered :)

YAY! I like tuts. The more the better! :)

Thanks for the link!

edited September 2012

Good thread to read: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7409/P30/#99680

The scoop.

It's okay with Daz3d for us to:

Make our clothing .obj for one of the protected figures [Genesis, V4, M4, etc].

Take the .obj into D/S4 and make use of the smoothing tools to make the object fit better.

Bring the .obj back into the modeler and finish working on it.

Make the clothing item and redistribute for concerned figure!

:-)

edited September 2012

okay, nm ...

• edited September 2012

The scoop.

Take the .obj into D/S4 and make use of the smoothing tools to make the object fit better.

THANK YOU! Back in July, I posted asking about this very same issue, and the general feeling was that , no, the use of the smoothing tool (at least on a quick suit) would go beyond what Daz would allow. So I scrapped the entire process. In light of this information, there is a /lot/ more that I'll be able to do with D|S's processes themselves. :)

Original Post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4174/

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:

The scoop.

THANK YOU! Back in July, I posted asking about this very same issue, and the general feeling was that , no, the use of the smoothing tool (at least on a quick suit) would go beyond what Daz would allow. So I scrapped the entire process. In light of this information, there is a /lot/ more that I'll be able to do with D|S's processes themselves. :)

Original Post: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4174/

You're welcome.

Keep in mind that for 3d party quicksuits we obviously make some read changes as per their user agreements. I mention this because the example I used was a quicksuit not quite ready for redistribution yet for that reason ;-)

And we seem to have a few people confusing this smoothing modifier with something called "shrinkwrap". So to clarify for everybody here; the above permission is NOT referring to "shrinkwrap". Apparently not all shrinkwraps are created equal ... but to repeat what somebody who has a very expensive modeling program told me, it recreates the actual mesh its being matched to. In layman's terms, cloning.

Some more good news. I used Bobby25's donor rigs [well worth the investment, includes tut] ... tested it with a single solid dress ... when I imported that export from D/S4 back into Hexagon, it was all grouped!!! [for Genesis] Yes!

• edited December 1969

And we seem to have a few people confusing this smoothing modifier with something called "shrinkwrap". So to clarify for everybody here; the above permission is NOT referring to "shrinkwrap". Apparently not all shrinkwraps are created equal ... but to repeat what somebody who has a very expensive modeling program told me, it recreates the actual mesh its being matched to. In layman's terms, cloning.

Some more good news. I used Bobby25's donor rigs [well worth the investment, includes tut] ... tested it with a single solid dress ... when I imported that export from D/S4 back into Hexagon, it was all grouped!!! [for Genesis] Yes!

I have that donor dress kit in my wishlist for the eventual "someday" :D

I can see where some people could confuse Shrink wrap, offset, and mesh matching to smoothing Mod- that's why the first thing I asked before was what method Smoothing Mod uses to create the surface. It's very different, instead of it matching vertex to vertex (or even face to face) the smooth mod relaxes the model, and the collision mod does a very basic 'push' or any faces that fall within the underlying mesh (collision item). It always kind of baffled me on why this method wouldn't be allowed, since the mesh itself is unique and does not match or share geometry with the protected figure- So I was originally surprised by the initial answer I received. Glad someone else was able to follow up :)

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:

I have that donor dress kit in my wishlist for the eventual "someday" :D

I can see where some people could confuse Shrink wrap, offset, and mesh matching to smoothing Mod- that's why the first thing I asked before was what method Smoothing Mod uses to create the surface. It's very different, instead of it matching vertex to vertex (or even face to face) the smooth mod relaxes the model, and the collision mod does a very basic 'push' or any faces that fall within the underlying mesh (collision item). It always kind of baffled me on why this method wouldn't be allowed, since the mesh itself is unique and does not match or share geometry with the protected figure- So I was originally surprised by the initial answer I received. Glad someone else was able to follow up :)

'twas the novelty of it all ;-)

• edited September 2012

Here's a tip:
    If you need a real tight fitting suit from the Smooth / Collision method, import the suit as obj (decent resolution), use the transfer utility as normal and apply smoothing. Turn off Smoothing in parameters for a few moments. Manipulate the Z Scale and X Scale of the suit until they are under the skin with smoothing off (if you have gloves on it, watch that the fingers don't distort). Then set the following parameters *: Smoothing Type: Generic, Weight: 0.60, Secondary Weight: -0.20 or -0.30, Smoothing Interations: Various, I start at 9 if there's poke through, and have gone as high as 45. Lock Distance I typically set to 0, but have seen no difference at .001. Length influence I set to .001, but haven't seen any difference. Collision item, Genesis (V4, whatever). Turn Smoothing on. If pant legs or sleeves are shortened too much, bring the Secondary Weight up in number (-.4 or so).
    If you change the Collision settings (iteration and smoothing interval) to, say, 6 and 2..you'll see poke through many times. You can adjust that by increasing or decreasing, in some case, the Smoothing intervals. I will normally leave the collision settings alone, since the other settings can give a very nice, tight fit.
    Have fun :)

*Many are hidden parameters in the Parameters / General tab.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Has anyone used the Digital Tailor's stuff? I saw that it is on sale: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=Fugazi1968 and he seems to get a lot of five star reviews.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have almost all of his tutorials. They are really good and I learnt a lot from them. Well worth the money and he will answer any questions you may have too.

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    Here's a tip:
    If you need a real tight fitting suit from the Smooth / Collision method, import the suit as obj (decent resolution), use the transfer utility as normal and apply smoothing. Turn off Smoothing in parameters for a few moments. Manipulate the Z Scale and X Scale of the suit until they are under the skin with smoothing off (if you have gloves on it, watch that the fingers don't distort). Then set the following parameters *: Smoothing Type: Generic, Weight: 0.60, Secondary Weight: -0.20 or -0.30, Smoothing Interations: Various, I start at 9 if there's poke through, and have gone as high as 45. Lock Distance I typically set to 0, but have seen no difference at .001. Length influence I set to .001, but haven't seen any difference. Collision item, Genesis (V4, whatever). Turn Smoothing on. If pant legs or sleeves are shortened too much, bring the Secondary Weight up in number (-.4 or so).
    If you change the Collision settings (iteration and smoothing interval) to, say, 6 and 2..you'll see poke through many times. You can adjust that by increasing or decreasing, in some case, the Smoothing intervals. I will normally leave the collision settings alone, since the other settings can give a very nice, tight fit.
    Have fun :)

*Many are hidden parameters in the Parameters / General tab.

You know it's scary, one day I might actually understand all that lol ...

Thank you, every little tip helps!

• edited December 1969

Heya :)
    Just a quick note, the ShareCG links for the tuts don't appear to working..the Mediafire mirrors are the same files, though, right?

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    Heya :)
    Just a quick note, the ShareCG links for the tuts don't appear to working..the Mediafire mirrors are the same files, though, right?

Yes there were the same files except they were all taken down as well by yours truly who occasionally gets ticked and does some housekeeping. Warships tend to tick me off big time.

However I'm still here ... I did release a texture the other day ... was planning to release some more props later this week however in reading over the latest information about the very latest release [17 Sep 2012] of D/S4.5.something ... which by the way [according to comments in other threads] is not installing or deinstalling whatever correctly on all machines [so I killed the downloads 'cause like no thanks] ... I don't see the point. Program is not making files that can be read by any of the older versions of D/S4, let alone 3. File types are being phased out. If my morph files created in 4.0 cannot work in 4.5.something ... what's the point in having a tutorial on it? You know what I mean. So ... actually I've asked the company that's created that plugin to look into the matter and hopefully it still will work, if not ... well man am I ticked. okay.

Bought some stuff for Bryce and am having some fun ... that program actually works. Can make some awesome texture bases with it, scenery photos and all kinds of stuff. Comes with a manual ... and a couple of the best teachers frequent the Bryce forums ;-)

testing.png
    634 x 532 - 429K
    funwwater2.png
    792 x 372 - 97K
    3min.png
    792 x 306 - 277K
    3-31.png
    792 x 372 - 409K
  • edited December 1969

Ahh, ok, I was wondering what happened. :) I just realized it may have been you, actually, that commented on my Freddy / Burned morph, and alerted me that ..even though it's dsf, and many assumed compatible, the 4.5 created morphs aren't showing in versions of 4.0. Frustrating, since there's good reasons for people not to install 4.5 yet, as mentioned in another thread. Bleck.
    I actually started in Bryce, loved it, before I even heard of Poser. I remember it was put out by Metacreations back then, pre Corel, so it's been a bit :D Can't remember what version it was back then, but I've thought of going back into Bryce a lot more, or maybe trying to use D|S and Bryce combined. IDK, there was just always something about Bryce that I loved. :)

edited December 1969

Ebahr said:
    Ahh, ok, I was wondering what happened. :) I just realized it may have been you, actually, that commented on my Freddy / Burned morph, and alerted me that ..even though it's dsf, and many assumed compatible, the 4.5 created morphs aren't showing in versions of 4.0. Frustrating, since there's good reasons for people not to install 4.5 yet, as mentioned in another thread. Bleck.
    I actually started in Bryce, loved it, before I even heard of Poser. I remember it was put out by Metacreations back then, pre Corel, so it's been a bit :D Can't remember what version it was back then, but I've thought of going back into Bryce a lot more, or maybe trying to use D|S and Bryce combined. IDK, there was just always something about Bryce that I loved. :)

Oh that's you?! Yes. That was I. There's been a number of free morphs that aren't showing up - turns out they were all created in more recent programs and nothing is backwards compatible with D/S4. AFAIK it has something to do with different engines running the car. [not my analogy]

I've done a few D/S = Bryce scenes however I don't worry about the bridge part. That may or not work correctly; and even where it might, it might not with Genesis. It's a simple matter to load, pose, export out the .obj files ... and just import them into Bryce - move them to where they are wanted and render the scene. Thankfully with W7 64 bit I can keep both programs open so there's no problem making minor pose adjustments and so forth in D/S to reship out the .obj files for Bryce to use. As I recall before exporting Genesis out of D/S4, make sure all the clothing items are 'fitted to' so they'll 'export with'.

This discussion has been closed.