Free Ironman suit for Michael

2»

Comments

• Remember, DAZ|Studio has always been able to read Poser-format files, and since D|S4.5 it's been even easier to convert these files properly and completely into native D|S format.

The only two gotchas are that the Poser content must be properly installed into a Poser Runtime location — just the Runtime itself, you've never needed to install the Poser program — and there are certain Poser file types D|S can't use, namely procedural materials, the recent Poser weightmapped figures, and dynamic clothes and hair designed for the Poser Cloth Room and Hair Room. D|S can do some of the same things (sometimes with extra plugins), but its methods are incompatible with Poser.

• Hi all!

So I've gotten hold of this nice Iron Man armor, and wanted to put it on a G3M character. I've purchased all the necessary scripts and such to allow for M4 clothing to be able to fit-to G3 figures fairly easily without too much issue. (Or at least that has been the case before.) However, this suit...doesn't seem like a suit at all. It's more like a character with a suit on it already, and doesn't seem to want to fit-to correctly at all. While the undersuit seems to semi-fit properly, the metal plates that make up the armor are all over the place, and don't seem to be covering the undersuit like it would an M4 figure. It's easy enough for hide the M4 head and it's parts, but if the armor doesn't want to fit properly, because it doesn't appear to be actual clothing, then I'm not sure what to do.

~LQ

• This armor is more like a M4 second skin, with many, many, many smart-propped items all over it. Using autofit won't work, since it would only refit the M4 figure with the second skin, not the actual armor.

The best thing would be to re-adjust every single prop to your G3M figure.

Other possible method, although the result might be an odd monstruosity:

- Load the iron man figure
    - Export as .obj
    - New scene
    - Load G3M
    - Import your .obj
    - Select your object, then object to figure > fit to G3M > originally intended for M4.

Once again, I can't guarantee the result, but it might be slightly less time-consuming than re-posing each part, although I'm pretty sure it will look horrible.

• justin.g25_e80a25eef2 said:

We've been looking forward to the Ironman 3 movie for so long, that we've made a suit for Michael to be turned into him!
    Its Free so download it at our site : http://inlitestudio.com/3d/product/ironman-suit/

Heres a 3D animation we made with the suit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDcvdywybm8

Please let us know what you think and share with people who may have use for it

Thanks