Question about "Point at" feature regarding skirts

If I were to get the hand to stay showing outside the skirt while animating, what would i have to do?  I did find out about a feature called "Point At", and I did find an interesting YouTube video about nulls, but I would like to know if there is a way for hands to stay outside the sides of a skirt while doing an animation such as walking, etc.?

Comments

• Are you using morphs or bones to adjust the skirt, or are you using dForce? The hands and arms wil require manual posing in any event.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited December 2017

I can imagine an animation where the hands move throu a skirt - but I cant think of a way that includes the "Point At" Property and Null Objects to help you fixing that. Can you please explain how you thought this can be helping with the animation?

Yes you can let bodyparts (bones) "Point At" Null Objects - but then you have to animate the Null Objects to control the rotation of these Bodyparts (bones).

For my opinion its better to tweak the animation - if you have the Plugin AniMate2 and if its a Genesis Figure try out Pose Control: "Arms Up-Down" on an second AniMate2 layer (sub-track) set to Mix Type: Add (default setting). This will add an offset to the arms and they can swing outside of the skirt.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on