Error During the Installation Process!

Hi, I'm a total newbie to this software and others alike.

I installed all the products through the "Install Manager" except this one called "Photoshop 3d Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.10+ (Win 64-Bit).

It gave me the following Error:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.10+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."

I don't have Photoshop. Is this product necessary for the begining stages of learning DAZ in the first place?

Please help. Thanks

Comments

1. Click the gear icon at top-right of the Install Manager window
    2. Go to the Applications tab
    3. Click +
    4. In the dialogue set Photoshop as the application, and set the version details
    5. Click ... and set the folder with the Photoshop application in it
    6. Accept all dialogues and then try installing again.
  • Thanks for the assistance.

Please explain step 5. Do I need to create a folder or choose from the existing ones there. Also, do I have to add all the Photoshop versions on the list one by one? If so, do I have to create separate folders for each or add all in the same folder.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

If you don't have Photoshop, you don't need to load the Photoshop bridge.

• Sorry, I thought you said you did have Photoshop. Since you don't the plug-in is not wanted, just ignore it (or remove the download, if you have it stored, by right-clicking on it in Ready to Install and then hide it by right-clicking on it in Ready to Download.

• Thanks for the answers. smiley

• I get the same Error

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.10+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."

But I need to know will the fix work with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15?

• I get the same Error

But I need to know will the fix work with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15?

I don't think so, though there should be no harm in trying.

1. Click the gear icon at top-right of the Install Manager window
    2. Go to the Applications tab
    3. Click +
    4. In the dialogue set Photoshop as the application, and set the version details
    5. Click ... and set the folder with the Photoshop application in it
    6. Accept all dialogues and then try installing again.

I have followed the guildelines mentioned and I had added my adobe photoshop 7 in the applications tab, yet I get this message while installing the following

"

• Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.12+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CC, CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. 

are we supposed to install photoshop of the aforementioned version(s) to make this work? 

• Photoshop 7 is not a suported version, it needs CS 4 or later according to the error message. PS7 doesn't have any 3D-specific features anyway. You don't need the bridge, you can sve renders (by rendering direct to file, by the options at the bottom of the render window, or by File>Save Last Render) and open then in Photoshop like any other image, and you can edit textures in Photoshopp and apply them through the Surfaces pane (or by drag and drop) so you aren't missing a vital function by not having it.