Is it possible to bake mesh resolution level

So the biggest reason I use Daz is cause it's an amazing tool for making characters that I can animate in Iclone.

Genesis 3 has a good polycount (relative to Daz characters traditionally) However I'm finding that in some instances the base mesh is actually extremely jagged and even after real-time smoothing in Iclone, the models can fail to look as good as they need to in certain areas. 

For Daz Studio users ther answer is pretty simple, you Subdivide. But for me, doing that would make the FBX incompatible with the Iclone import process.

Is there anyway I could subdivide and somehow bake that result to the base mesh, or it's own resolution level that was actively subdivding it all the time? It would push the polycount up by about 100,000 but I can accept that for a main character.

Honestly I don't see that being possible but I thought I should ask anyway.

Comments

• You could export as OBJ, then use the Transfer Utility to rig that - but you'd then have to export and reload any morphs used, including joint correction and morph correction morphs, and the result would be inferior as the figure is designed to bend first and then be divided.

• Thanks, I'll give this a try and see how it turns out.

• you can add smoothing in both 3Dxchange and iClone itself

and tesselation under the materials to use displacement maps

• Unfortunately smoothing in Iclone and 3DXchange doesn't fix this problem, although it does help a little.