Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Novica said:

One reason I didn't buy Sahel is the intensity of the purple shadoes under the eyes. She doesn't look healthy to me.  While I like the approach of not having flawless skin and having a few shadows, she has more shadows than I do as a 61 year old.  And the color of them looks more like bruising to me. So have to be honest and say I find her very charismatic, love the morphs and most of the skin materials, but not under the eyes. I think based on all the comments I've read, I'm the sole person who thinks that though! 

But as usual Luci45, your render looks stunning!

First of all, glad the fires are out! Luckily you didn't have what we had in California! (Not near me though, luckily.)

But I agree about Sahel. I thought I was the only one not into her, glad I'm not alone! Although we have different reasons why. For me, the realism of the skin is good, but I'm just not into the morph or the smile. If she goes down drastically in price in the future (or when) I will get her for the skin, even with the bruising under the eyes (good for a drugged out person LOL or someone in battle,) but I actually really dislike that smile, it doesn't look real or attractive to me and the face morph doesn't look realistic to me either. I would be curious to see the skin on another face though. Maybe by the end March Madness it will go on a bigger sale. I'm sure I'll get it eventually...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Go Eagles!!!!  My team won! Congrats on your very first Superbowl win!  yes

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    Novica said:

Go Eagles!!!!  My team won! Congrats on your very first Superbowl win!  yes

I was rooting for them too. Good game, I was afraid Brady would pull it out again until that fumble.

Just saw the midnight edition of a local newspaper, the fire went to 150 acres and as we guessed, was 100 percent contained by 10am this morning. We had a lovely 70 degree day today after the rain moved out, but already changing back to typical weather.  

Two things I like about the Ultimate dForce Bed- it's easy to use and looks really good!  L'Adair already has a gallery image for it

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2018

I will have some renders of the DForce bed as well. Will have to wait until I get home from work.  I highly recommend this one.  Super easy to use, drapes easily over a wide variety of poses and takes other shaders really well. 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited February 2018

Here's a render just showing the bed, and it is as ultra easy as stated in the promos. Load up the prefab bed, click simulate and there ya go! I love the materials on the duvet.

dforce bed.png
    594 x 600 - 584K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

I'm tempted by the bed, but I don't fancy any of the other items for today as a must-buy-now, so into the wishlist it goes...

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

That looks great @Novica  I'm glad it is simple, as I haven't yet experimented with dforce yet.  I'm ALL for one click solutions, lol

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Yes, the Ultimate dForce Bed is easy to use and offers lots of possiblevariations in bed frame and materials: 

edited February 2018

More Dforce bed examples. I seriously loved this the second I tried it. Note that you can thicken this into a quilted spread as well, so it becomes even more versatile.

ULTIMATE DFORCE BED 1 final.jpg
    988 x 555 - 503K
    ULTIMATE DFORCE BED 3.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

OT: Well, last week we had Zobe and Aandrike, two equestrian movie stars, stay overnight at the stables.   They were the horses from "Hunger Games: Catching Fire."  And of course, I found out about it afterwards LOL. We have the expensive horses come through all the time during the early spring, on their way back from wherever, to go to the training barns and shows in Ocala. Not sure which movie these two were headed to. From the pictures I saw, one looked like the one Chris Hemsworth was with in here. (go to second 49)

Is it sad that I would rather see famous horses than famous people?  Sounds really cool!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

OT: Well, last week we had Zobe and Aandrike, two equestrian movie stars, stay overnight at the stables.   They were the horses from "Hunger Games: Catching Fire."  And of course, I found out about it afterwards LOL. We have the expensive horses come through all the time during the early spring, on their way back from wherever, to go to the training barns and shows in Ocala. Not sure which movie these two were headed to. From the pictures I saw, one looked like the one Chris Hemsworth was with in here. (go to second 49)

The outtakes with the horse were from Winter's Heart. (the second Huntsman movie.) I saw it on HBO last year. That truly is a beautiful horse. And as Chris Hemsworth fan, I watched the rest of the outtakes, too. lol Thanks for the rabbit hole.

L'Adair said:
    Novica said:

The outtakes with the horse were from Winter's Heart. (the second Huntsman movie.) I saw it on HBO last year. That truly is a beautiful horse. And as Chris Hemsworth fan, I watched the rest of the outtakes, too. lol Thanks for the rabbit hole.

It is a good looking rabbit hole though...

L'Adair said:
    Novica said:

It is a good looking rabbit hole though...

LOL... good looking and then some!

edited February 2018

Guilty- I went from that YouTube video to other blooper videos, onto Avengers bloopers...the rabbit hole turned in to a VERY long tunnel...

I was curious and did a search for Huntsman horses, apparently that was an Andalusian and the Hunger Games are Friesan. (Hope I spelled that right.) 

Post edited by Novica on

@icedragonart   Those are fantastic examples of the bed! Snuggle up.

Just gotta point out this render. It's of the upcoming Baja Raptor. by @darkedgedesign   While you're there, look at all the textures coming with the vehicle. Looks like fun! 

edited February 2018

Here's another product that deserves a mention. It's risky for vendors to provide specialized products, as it may limit sales. The Vintage Shop Bicycle  by @forbiddenwhispers and @davidbrinnen would be a good one to wishlist if you haven't noticed it before. Here it is in a gallery image, which could use some likes/comments. It's by @mysticartdesign

Post edited by Novica on
    edited February 2018

I dare you not to laugh out loud!  Best weather photobomb ever!  I'd totally lose it if I were the person talking. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • That was hilarious 

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited February 2018
    Novica said:

I dare you not to laugh out loud!  Best weather photobomb ever!  I'd totally lose it if I were the person talking. 

Thank you for that! I needed that laugh first thing this morning blush

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on

Thank you very much Novica

That raven was hilarious!

edited February 2018

Well, here's a tidbit that isn't that funny, but is really neat. So here's your trivia question:

What cargo plane is named after a whale and looks like one?  Click here for the neatest cargo plane I've ever seen. It has an eye and is even smiling- the third picture down on the page. AWESOME!!!!

Post edited by Novica on

If I'm offline for awhile, we have a massive line of thunderstorms with 40-60mph winds and hail- I'm anticipating the internet being knocked out and last time it was for over a day. Here's hoping it's not going to go out, but... and it's lightning so getting off the computer and unplugging. I don't trust surge protectors with my television or computer when the really nasty stuff comes in. TTYL.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,148

Ooh, batten down those hatches! Hope the storms passed by you without any damage.
    I know what you mean about surge protectors. Even where I live (and the weather is pretty benign here most of the time) I worry when there's a thunderstorm and switch off in advance - better twiddled thumbs than bust hardware.

Well, the line it through and no nearby strikes and booms. :)  I talked with a man at the Goodyear tire store a couple years ago, and he had unplugged his television but laid the plug down by the outlet. When the lightning hit, it flowed out of the outlet and zapped over onto the metal of the plug, and still fried his tv!  (Lesson: Unplug AND move your metal prongs away from the outlet.) 

I did call the barn owner and told her about the approaching line of storms, it caught her offguard. She and I got off the phone in a hurry as they were bringing the horses in. It really fired up fast so I wasn't surprised she didn't know. An hour earlier it was just light green on the radar. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited February 2018

On the subject of storms, I've just gotta share this render I just did that I'm super-pleased with: the poor old Licorne running into a bit of bother...

There's nothing very new here - one of Orestes HDRIs and the iReal Ocean are the newest (full list of products on its page in my gallery), Ron's brushes (rain and waves) really do a lot of the work.

So, to fit the title of the thread, I'll offer a tip: The lightning bolt above isn't done in post, it's rendered. I found a nice picture of a bolt against a dark sky, then created a plane primitive to fill the whole picture behind the ship. I then used my lightning photo in its Base Color (obviously), but also in Cutout Opacity and in Emission Color. Whack the Luminance up to a suitably large number and you get a lightning bolt glowing in the existing sky. Very pleased with the end result!

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
    edited February 2018

On the subject of storms, I've just gotta share this render I just did that I'm super-pleased with: the poor old Licorne running into a bit of bother...

There's nothing very new here - one of Orestes HDRIs and the iReal Ocean are the newest (full list of products in my gallery), Ron's brushes (rain and waves) really do a lot of the work.

So, to fit the title of the thread, I'll offer a tip: The lightning bolt above isn't done in post, it's rendered. I found a nice picture of a bolt against a dark sky, then created a plane primitive to fill the whole picture behind the ship. I then used my lighting photo in its Base Color (obviously), but also in Cutout Opacity and in Emission Color. Whack the Luminance up to a suitably large number and you get a lightning bolt glowing in the existing sky. Very pleased with the end result!

Excellent image. And the tip to use such a high contrast image in Cutout Opacity, as well as Base Color and Emission Color is a good one. Can't argue with the result, that's for sure. What a great way to blend the lightning with the rest of the sky. Now I'm off to give the image a Thumbs Up in the gallery. (Which would have been a tad bit easier if you'ld linked the image to the gallery page... hint, hint.)

ETA: Here's the link to the gallery, for anyone else who wants to give it a Like: The Storm

Post edited by L'Adair on
This discussion has been closed.