dForce not simulating properly from Memorized Pose

Hi, guys.
I'm experiencing an issue with the dForce cloth simulations when the Start Bones From Memorized Pose is turned ON.
I'm loading a character, adding the Bardot Outfit, choosing a pose and hitting Simulate. The character goes to the default pose (along with the dress) and starts moving towards my pose, but the outfit is not following. At the end of the simulation the character is back to the custom pose, but the outfit is simulated as if it was on an A pose figure.
Any idea where this issue comes from?

Comments

• Is this the beta or release build?

• Release.

• That's odd, it is working for most users (that's the release version). Please save a scene and upload it to a reply here.

• It was some funny business with the custom character I had. I saved it as a Shaping Preset, loaded a new V8, merged the saved preset and it simulates properly now.
    Thanks for stepping up, Richard, much appreciated.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

I can confirm the issue.

DAZ 4.10.0.123

I memorized a pose and the option "Start bones from memorized pose" is on.

But the simultion is not starting from the memorized pose, it is starting from the zero/default pose.

I saved it as a file and restarted the studio. No improvements.

If I click on Edit->Figure->Restore->Restore Pose the figure is restored to the memorized pose.

• gerster said:

I can confirm the issue.

DAZ 4.10.0.123

I memorized a pose and the option "Start bones from memorized pose" is on.

But the simultion is not starting from the memorized pose, it is starting from the zero/default pose.

I saved it as a file and restarted the studio. No improvements.

If I click on Edit->Figure->Restore->Restore Pose the figure is restored to the memorized pose.

I just tested in 4.10.0.123 and the simulation started from the memorised pose. I used Memorise Figure Pose.

edited March 2018

I did some screenshots from what I am trying.

I have a genesis 3 female where I want to use the genesis 8 harem pants (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-harem-pants-outfit-for-genesis-8-females) with SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3.

As you see in screenshot number 1 the legs are in the genesis 3 default pose to close for the harem pants. The fabrics are touching each other which has some unwanted effects when using dforce.

I use the legs out pose to correct this, but when I start the simulation the default pose is still used.

step1.png
    824 x 483 - 54K
    step2.png
    1325 x 282 - 85K
    step3.png
    644 x 493 - 49K
    step4.png
    569 x 657 - 54K
    step5.png
    710 x 501 - 61K
    Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • How did you adjust the pose? Did you pose the elgs directly, or did you use Pose Controls on the figure node?

As on the second screen shot. I used posed control under Posing->Editor->Pose Control.

• Looks as if the Start from Memorised pose is not in fact taking figure-level settings. For now the workaround would be to use bake to Transforms or to directly pose the bones, but ti does look like a bug so please report it.

Yes, the workaround did the job. I reported the bug.