Don't look. Confusion lies here.

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
edited November 2017 in Carrara Discussion

After all this time, I still have Carrara cycle through the tips when I open a new scene.  Today, I received this wonderful tip for the metaballs  modeler.

Do you still have the tips active when you open a new scene?  If so, what was your most recent tip?

EDIT    Edit    edit   ...

Here is a screenshot of the missing screenshot.

bb01 metaball tip.JPG
1399 x 696 - 86K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited November 2017
    Diomede said:

After all this time, I still have Carrara cycle through the tips when I open a new scene.  Today, I received this wonderful tip for the metaballs  modeler.

Do you still have the tips active when you open a new scene?  If so, what was your most recent tip?

Did you forget to actually post the tip you got? laugh

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    MDO2010 said:
    Diomede said:

Did you forget to actually post the tip you got? laugh

...or is it a secret tip?

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Shhh!

<whispers>

Okay... but I want to know what it siad to him about meatballs!

• <whispers>

go best with spaghetti and  tomato pasta sauce

Oh right! I saw that one too!

You got it, girl... I'm having Speghetti and Meatballs! :)

th3Digit said:

<whispers>

go best with spaghetti and  tomato pasta sauce

• Maybe it's about a horse named "Metaballs" and the tip was something like "Put $100 on Metaballs to place in the third and you can thank me later!" and Diomede is just trying to keep the winnings to himself!

• I found this one going to help and loading the hints then cycling

Capture.JPG
    505 x 397 - 79K
  • "This can be useful to select hidden me." surprise Hidden who!?

th3Digit said:

I found this one going to help and loading the hints then cycling

That's it, I bet!!! Bravo!

MDO2010 said:

"This can be useful to select hidden me." surprise Hidden who!?

surprise

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    edited November 2017

OK, I will bite.  Do y'all not see the tip in the first post?

bb01 metaball tip.JPG
    1399 x 696 - 86K

Only if it's a blank white tip

The one Wendy posted was the same as mine (different colors and her message got cut off).

• I can't tell if you are joking. indecisionThere's no image in the first post of the thread.

Hmmm.  Do you see an image in the post at the following link?  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3018186/#Comment_3018186

Because I took a screenshot of what I see when I look at the first post and attached it to that post.  11:15 am.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Diomede said:

Nobody can see that except you, cos you removed the attachment thumbnail

Chohole said:
    Diomede said:

I wonder how many times I've made this mistake.  People must think I am nuts.  Well, even more nuts.  I have posted a lot of screenshots of my workflow.  Wonder how many of them other people can actually see?

Chohole said:

• half my render thread is empty because it does not display my facebook links anymore so know the feeling

edited November 2017

Well, no harm no foul.  I don't think anyone missed a deadline because the metaball hint was hidden.  I went back and posted something that I hope is visible in the first post.  Of course, I wouldn't know if it is visible now, would I?  surprise

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited November 2017

it made me load the hints at least yes

and yes see your screenshot just not the first image

AB450F7A-3271-43B6-8DCF-850882C816EB.png
    1536 x 2048 - 537K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited November 2017

My favorite part is that I can see the missing screenshot in my own post, and in the posts quoting my post, even though the person quoting my post can't see the screnshot.

For example, MDO's first post looks like this to me.

zz01 haha.JPG
    1388 x 660 - 76K
    Diomede said:

I went back and posted something that I hope is visible in the first post. 

But now the rest of the thread makes no sense whatsoever! cheeky

Diomede said:

But now the rest of the thread makes no sense whatsoever! cheeky

But it didn't make sense to me before because I could see the hint box.  Now the thread make sense.  devil

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

we had porcupine balls last night for dinner

just sayin'

ROTFL!!!

With the new title to the thread, I just HAD to look!!! cheeky  Well played, Sir!

• I wouldn't say that Confusion lies here. More like Understanding lies here while Confusion laughs evilly over the grave. wink

Although that is very interesting that if you delete the attached image, the linked one disappears for everyone except the original poster. Never knew that before.

Yeah, we upload the image so that we can use a link to it to post it to the message. Once we delete the uploaded file, so does the link to it - unless, I'd imagine, we still have it in our internet cache. I'm guessing that's why Diomede could still see it.

The alternative would be to have another web hideout for uploading images to, and grab the image links from there. But as Wendy points out, that's not always reliable either.

I've ben using my Google + Photos area for stuff that doesn't upload well here, but I haven't hunted those down to see if they still exist. I noticed (In my Learning Carrara Thread) that Dimension Theory made his modeling tutorials for Carrara private - so those disappeared too. Well... they're there, they just don't work. Bummer, I say!

• facebook changed something so my image links no longer work, even for me and I am too lazy to go through and fix them all.

The images are still up at their source, it is my one real use for facebook 

edited November 2017

Reconsidering a few things.  I took down my Daz gallery a while back.  I should give some thought to some of the workflow screenshot tutorials that I have done.  Even if other people don't use them, they are very helpful to me when I want to go back and do something I haven't done in a while.  Maybe I should take some time and think about how I want a gallery and other stuff organized.

I think we can have more than one Gallery within our Gallery(?)

I named mine Dartanbeck's Carrara Sketchbook, and when I did, I thought there was a way to add another.

Yeah, it would be a shame to lose your images in your tuts. Be nice to find a place to just keep those images in the webway so loss doesn't occur to those fine articles. I think more people than you know go in there and grab advice/learn workflows... that's really valuable stuff, Sir.