While it's still 10/31...
    Happy Halloween!

Halloween013.jpg
    1280 x 1640 - 835K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

While it's still 10/31...
    Happy Halloween!

Very nice Dart! Or should I say creepy and dark? Either way, it's fitting for tonight.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

This one's really old, but it's been a long time since I posted it.

404965341.937196_.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 289K
  • SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

I love this one. make me laugh.

For the others, nice renders and cool creepy ones too. Happy Halloween.

edited December 1969

Spaceland said:
    de3an said:

I love this one. make me laugh.

For the others, nice renders and cool creepy ones too. Happy Halloween.

Thanks! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

de3an said:

That's a great picture! Glad you re-posted it, since I don't recall seeing it before! Thanks for sharing it again!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,248
    edited December 1969

Love it, de3an!
    Those are some cute tricker treaters!

edited December 1969

That's a great picture! Glad you re-posted it, since I don't recall seeing it before! Thanks for sharing it again!

Thanks. I originally posted it on the old Yahoo Carrara Group, before the DAZ Carrara forum was popular. It was created for a Halloween image challenge.

Love it, de3an!
    Those are some cute tricker treaters!

Thanks. I think they must be trick-or-treating far from their neighborhood though. :lol:

edited December 1969

Yes, I cannot get over the super expression of form in the posture of that little fella at the door! Just adorable! Very well done. Man, that's cool!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,820
    edited December 1969

Since I've had Carrara ( since 6 ) I haven't done very much at all using M3, V3 etc..

had some time today and thought I'd give it a go.. turning back time so to speak..

Took a bit of fiddling and took ages to find what I wanted ( the carrara library is crap! )

But I didn't get what I wanted... I couldn't use the M3 morphs as it disfigured the poor guys face real bad..

So, do the morphs for M3 not work in Carrara 8.5?

Here is what I ended up with without morphs... using digger james skin textures with some bump dial spinning.. ;)

saxon_guy_M3.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 423K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited November 2013

Stezza said:
    Since I've had Carrara ( since 6 ) I haven't done very much at all using M3, V3 etc..

had some time today and thought I'd give it a go.. turning back time so to speak..

Took a bit of fiddling and took ages to find what I wanted ( the carrara library is crap! )

But I didn't get what I wanted... I couldn't use the M3 morphs as it disfigured the poor guys face real bad..

Here is what I ended up with without morphs... using digger james skin textures with some bump dial spinning.. ;)

I think he looks great!

I seem to have a noobie's curse of acquiring morphs, like V4++ and M4++ (which are soooo basic) so I could use things like Apeworld, but can't get them to "work" in Carrara Pro 8.5. I had the V4++ morphs from the get-go and the Bundle says you need M4++, so I got them just recently. But if you look at the Chimp character as a standalone item, it only requires the V4++ morphs.So I thought I would be OK as I wanted a female. But how do you apply the INJ? It shows up in Content in the browser..... am feeling a bit chimp-minded trying to understand this. Apeworld does not seem to work on V5 or M5 either.

In the end to get the image below, I just had to crank all the Parameters in Carrara manually for V4 with her ++s by trial and error to get the face I wanted. I though it should be possible as Scott Livingston over in DS had a good Lucy (australopithicus afarensis) that while a bit facially stylised listed ALL the morphs and things he used to get the effect. I tried to follow as best as I could but some of the items he listed and used didn't seem to work, but it was probably me. But it's all Genesis so am really stumped.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23100/P90/#343651

Or do the items he listed only work in DS? (There was one or two from ShareCG or elsewhere as well) AND....I have a very hard time just getting V4 or M4 to come up in DS which is really weird as I have the base for both. So I wasn't able to try his recipe in DS. I can get V5/M5 up in DS. Oh, for my image I used Carrara hair...works great. One of the Carrara features I could never ever do without.

Sigh.................... :( Silene

Lucy-Baby-Scene.jpg
    916 x 663 - 708K
    Post edited by SileneUK on
    edited December 1969

Try loading a base figure, then inject the morphs++ and then with the figure selected, double click on the icon of the morphed character you want to apply. If the figure doesn't change, look in the figure's morphs for a slider to set the amount of the figure morph you want. In the screen shots I'm posting it's the Girl, but I've seen them in other figures as User, Community, Character Name, etc.

Note: I'm using C7.2 so hopefully it works that way in C8.5 with A3, V4, etc. No idea about Genesis.

Picture_4.png
    253 x 515 - 39K
    edited December 1969

Sorry you're having such a Dickens of a time, Silene.
    Some of the add-on packs shapes and such, for reasons I have no clue, don't INJ or change the character in Carrara as it does in Poser and/or DS. Like I say.. no clue why. So you have to use either Poser or DS to actually apply those shapes - INJect them in and then save to your library like that. In Poser, you'd save a new CR2 figure, DS DUF or CR2.

edited December 1969

OK Dart and EP, I will go back and try to resurrect V4/M4 Base in DS somehow and go that route. I don't have Poser now. EP I will have a look but haven't seen any sliders for the attributes of the morphs I am expecting...just their icons in the Carrara content browser. Hmmmmm.

Thanks for the help... as time goes on it does seem to sink in....slooooowwwwly!

xx :) Silene

edited December 1969

When I get a chance I'll double check and load a different morph set so that I know I'm not steering you wrong!

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited November 2013

Yawn - again. See http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/458044/
    This time with some physics on the dress.

Josie_Bed_001_002.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 923K
    Post edited by EddyMI3D on
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    Yawn - again. See http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/458044/
    This time with some physics on the dress.

Cool!

Bullet in Carrara?

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Yep! I did it this way.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited November 2013

deleted

Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:

I was able to load M3 sr1 from my content browser into C8.5, load morphs, and have the parameters be effective.

M3_Morphs_dialed.JPG
    723 x 681 - 93K
    M3_Loading_Morphs.JPG
    703 x 688 - 82K
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Stezza said:

I was able to load M3 sr1 from my content browser into C8.5, load morphs, and have the parameters be effective.

On tablet,poor keyboard but where did you get thr chimp head morph in thr slider from?

Tnx. XX SileneUK

edited December 1969

but where did you get thr chimp head morph in thr slider from?

The chimp head is from the standard Daz morphs for M3 in the category !M3 Head Inj under the Pose heading in the content library. There is a similar head morph for V3 in the !V3 Inj folder if you are trying to create a female hominid look.

M3_head_morphs.JPG
    932 x 711 - 144K
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

Thanks for that..

I went back to check what I had done.. I had loaded M3 RR and the morphs maybe that's why it didn't work.. Not sure what M3 RR is any way, didn't know I had it until I installed everything using DIM

Anyway, I loaded up M3 SR2 and morphs loaded with no problems and worked.

Thanks again ;)

saxon_guy_M3_morphs.jpg
    800 x 600 - 239K
    edited December 1969

diomede64 said:

The chimp head is from the standard Daz morphs for M3 in the category !M3 Head Inj under the Pose heading in the content library. There is a similar head morph for V3 in the !V3 Inj folder if you are trying to create a female hominid look.

I did the ape morph on M3 sr2 for you to check out Lauren ;)

M3_apish_carrara.jpg
    800 x 600 - 202K
    edited December 1969

Nice Characters Stezza- Well, the chinp is extremely creepy, but it is just past Halloween so it kind of goes with the season! ;-)

Here's my test loading a 3rd party morph onto V4 within in Carrara. It's a Marylin Monroe morph, so I did a simple pin-up style image.

MM_pinup02.jpg
    2000 x 850 - 481K
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    diomede64 said:

I did the ape morph on M3 sr2 for you to check out Lauren ;)

Thanks Stezza and Diomede,

I wasn't even sure my post got up here last night as I had gone to bed to read on tablet and saw this. I already have a V4 to V3 character, so do I need to get an M4 to M3 (if it exists), then get M3 and/or V3 morphs? I am browsing in the store for character or head morphs for V/M3 and there's so many, haven't found one that contains chimp head yet....lots of aliens, dwarfs and freaks, though. Why didn't they include some of these in the V/M4 Morphs ++ pack. Lots of people may not have had any legacy stuff if they just bought into Carrara in the last year.

Do you know the actual name of the product? Would you post it please in case I can't find it in the shop? :)

So am thinking I am understanding. If it's a morph product then it will come up in the Carrara Content browser and ALSO in the parameter sliders. So it's not like Apeworld or Homo Erectus,which are DS characters vs morph and you have to apply those in DS (or Poser if applicable). Arggggghhhh! Confused.com

I wish more things were interchangeable. Like although I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dart's and Howie's Carrara environments and own them, there are some Bryce/Vue ones that are cool. There are one or two Bryce/Vue artists who include a Carrara version of their scene. I wish the others would update their products which have been around a while...they'd get more sales you'd think? At least from me they would.

I like, among others, Realistic Terrain for Vue Carrara Bryce Mountains 023 by: Bijan who does several this way. It's very helpful for noobs who aren't good with creating terrains that actually can be rotated without being out of whack, eg wobbling off it's axis by tweaking to make up for not being good at adjusting levels in the terrain.

http://www.daz3d.com/realistic-terrain-for-vue-carrara-bryce-mountains-023

OK...time to put the Sunday Lunch on.... Marks and Sparks heat 'n eat today.

xx :) SileneUK

edited December 1969

Laurenwbr -

I already have a V4 to V3 character, so do I need to get an M4 to M3 (if it exists), then get M3 and/or V3 morphs? I am browsing in the store for character or head morphs for V/M3 and there’s so many, haven’t found one that contains chimp head yet….lots of aliens, dwarfs and freaks, though. Why didn’t they include some of these in the V/M4 Morphs ++ pack. Lots of people may not have had any legacy stuff if they just bought into Carrara in the last year.

Sorry - this will be a relatively long post. (I'm channeling my inner Dart! smiles!!!)

M4 to M3 and V4 to V3 are not the same as having the M3 or V3 base figures. As it happens, I don't know that you need either M3 or V3, for reasons discussed below. If you have Genesis, and if you have a chimp/ape/neanderthal/hominid/ or related morph pack, you may be able to achieve what you want without acquiring the M3 and V3 base figures and their associated morph packs. However, if upon seeing the M3 character with the morph for the chimp-head caused you to say, "that is exactly what I want for my projects!", then you may want to get the old base figures (not just their shapes based upon a different base figure like M4/V4/Genesis), and use the morphs created specifically for the M3/V3 figures.

Something that may be causing confusion for people who didn’t use the old figures when they first came out - there is a difference between using the old base figures (M3, V3, etc), and using the Genesis figure to imitate the shape of the old base figures. Stezza was using the old base M3 figure, not a Genesis figure. If it is only the shape of the old V3 or M3 that is needed for a project, those legacy shapes can be achieved with Genesis with these products.

V3 and M3 shapes for Genesis - http://www.daz3d.com/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis and http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

However, sometimes it might be useful to use the actual V3, M3, or other legacy figure meshes and associated products for a project. This is what Stezza was doing. Then you need the old base figures. If you want to load premade morphs, then you can buy morph packs, which are typically included as “injection poses” in the pose category of the content browser. Note – for these morphs, you have to be using morphs made specifically for this base figure, so that it has the same number of vertexes in the same order. It matters because M3 sr1 (standard resolution1?), may not match M3 rr (reduced resolution?) in this respect, and therefore the morphs might not work for both base figures, even though they appear to have the same shape.

To use legacy figures and morphs in Carrara, first load the base figure (V3 or M3 in this case) from the figure category of the content browser, then highlight the whole figure in the instances tray (bottom right), navigate to the pose section of your content browser and locate the appropriate morph folders (in this case, they start with an ! for some reason). Find the injection morphs you want, and either double-click them, or click and drag them onto your figure in the instances tray. I prefer click and drag, for what it is worth, but based on tutorials, I think most people prefer to select the figure then double-click.

Victoria 3 Base - http://www.daz3d.com/people/victoria-3-0-base
    Victoria 3 Morph pack - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-3-0-head-body-morphs

Michael 3 Base – http://www.daz3d.com/people/michael-3-0-base
    Michel 3 Morph Pack - http://www.daz3d.com/michael-3-0-head-body-morphs

V3 and M3 together
    Both morph sets - http://www.daz3d.com/v3-m3-head-body-morphs

Naturally, there are also textures, expressions, hair, clothing, props,etc. available for the various legacy figures. For example, there is an Aiko 3 megabundle - http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-mega-bundle

I suspect that if you are a platinum club member, much of this legacy stuff can be acquired with significant discounts if you compare 1.99 items, bundles, etc.

But again, make sure that you actually want to use the base figures (not just their shapes), because Genesis can be shaped to mimic the older figures, and much of the content for older figures can be "fit to" Genesis.

edited December 1969

The early stages of a WIP. I'm going to flesh out the scene and lighting.

Anybody know what this is from? ;-)

Planet_terror_wip.jpg
    1500 x 1125 - 190K
    edited December 1969

Here is a pic that compares V3 and Genesis with similar (but not the same) morphs for the head.

Left side is the base v3 figure, with the head injection poses, chimp set to 1.
    Right side is the Genesis figure, with the V3 shape morph set to 1, and with a chimp head set to 1.

Textures are also different.

Make sure you actually want to work with the legacy figures (I do a lot), because one of the advantages of Genesis was that it can achieve the same shapes as the legacy figures, use their clothing (fit to), so most things that you could do with a legacy figure you could also do with Genesis.

One reason I like the old figures in Carrara is that the topologies are not protected, and it is easy to manipulate the base mesh in the vertex modeler. So, I like to work with the base mesh myself without loading or using morphs (or in combination with). Another is that I am used to the older figures. But, remember that Genesis can achieve many of the things that you might use an older figure for - or pretty close.

V3_and_Genesis_chimps.jpg
    640 x 480 - 27K
    edited November 2013

Hi Diomede, Thanks for the very clear explanation and taking the time (am sure it took a lot!) to do it. Much appreciated. :)

Am going to re-read this much more slowly in a bit and visit the product links. I am only really wanting to mess with heads if possible, as in V/M 4-5 Genesis I like the parameter slider posing ability (arms, legs, feet, hands, torso tweaks) as they are very precise and I am happy to even manually just select a joint and rotate/bend, etc if the parameter isn't there or changing the range doesn't give the right effect.

So in version 3, you don't get as many of those posturing parameters and the big variety of Genesis type facial expressions, teeth size, etc. You won't believe it but it's just the lower face/nose/mouth I need for primitive people. If I just use the parameters I now have, pulling out the face centre, or lower face also pulls out the nose unless I make it flat as a board. Then when it does extrude a bit, it's got hard angles and is distorted. Same with forehead and cranial slope... too subtle or too hard-angled. Don't get that nice primate look. Which is why when I submitted my illustration for my course, I didn't do a close up.

And then there's the clothes... all to be primitive when I start fashioning but will I be running into conflicts that will cause more noobie trouble by working back in older Vics and Mics?

Back later with any outcomes and maybe a render to see...might take a while or be tomorrow.

xx :) SileneUK

ETA

Just saw your above post..... that's a big help!!!

Post edited by SileneUK on