How do I anchor people to the ground?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Heh, heh! Everyone is floating! So far, I've had to use the Y Tanslate tool to move the floating people to the ground, but they aren't truly on it.

How do I put people on the ground?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I haven't seen that problem before, what characters are 'floating', mine all load correctly.

I take it that you are using DAZ Studio? Unlike Poser, DS does not have a Ground plane when you create a new scene, you have to add one yourself, and then turn shadows on for your lighting, that should help.

Otherwise use the 'Ctrl+D' hotkey to drop to the floor (or where the floor would be)

• edited December 1969

Yep, Daz 4.5.

How do I turn on shadows?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You select a light in your Scene, then go to the Parameters pane, and turn shadows on. It is under Shadow Type, and you can have None (default), Deep Shadow Map (quicker), and Raytraced (slower but usually better)

• edited December 1969

I haven't seen that problem before, what characters are 'floating', mine all load correctly.

I take it that you are using DAZ Studio? Unlike Poser, DS does not have a Ground plane when you create a new scene, you have to add one yourself, and then turn shadows on for your lighting, that should help.

Otherwise use the 'Ctrl+D' hotkey to drop to the floor (or where the floor would be)

I'm back. Thanks for the info about Ctrl +D.
    But how do you add or create a Ground plane in Daz 4.5? Do you mean adding a background floor from a scene?

Some of my models have their feet pointed in strange positions as if they are floating or flying and Control+D doesn't work.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Can you provide a screenshot of your floating issue please.

Also does this happen after you apply a pose to the figure?

Ground plane you can either use one that comes with content or use a Primative, Create > New Primative and select a Plane, give it a size and divisions and accept. You will then have to texture the plane yourself but that is easy, via the Surfaces Pane. If you don't know how then we will have to find a tut or walk you through it but trust me it is very easy.