Destination Folder

Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm installing content the old fashioned way using the Bit Rock installer , .exe files. The little icon to browse for the destination folder is missing. In older files, the little icon is present. is this a Windows 7 issue or has the ability to browse for folders been eliminated? Sometimes, I don't type in the destination correctly and have to manually move files, whichis a drag.
Thanks.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you using a larger font size than the default? That's the only time of heard of this happening on Windows.

You can create a text file with the correct destination, and copy/paste to the installer field.

• Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

i willcheck my font size. the copy and paste is a good idea!. thanks.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

On Windows Vista/Win 7 (that is all I know) it is easy to copy the destination path

Go in to Windows Explorer and open your content folder and do as I show in the image below.

CopyAddress.jpg
    1167 x 505 - 392K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,215
    edited December 1969

You can also click in the box for the path, then press the tab key to move to the next control (the browse button) and hit the spacebar to press it.

• Lonnie DudeLonnie Dude Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

thanks. the font size was the problem. But I didn't know about the copy address tip.