Missing textures

film42film42 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey Chaps
Bit of an odd one here. I just bought V4 Casual wear and the textures additional files and can't find them.
I used the daz installer and the clothes are there and the textures are installed in the textures folder. The question is, How to load the textures. I normally go into pose and they are there.
any thoughts?

Thanks
Trev

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Can you please give links to the products you bought.

If you installed them yourself, without using the DIM, then where did you install them to? Did you install all of the required files, and did you look at the readme to see where they have been put?

• film42film42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey
    I used the DIZ installer and have just checked the file structure from the help PDF
    the files are all there, so shouldn't there be a pose folder to access the new textures?
    I thought I understood the file structure by now, but i can't see how you can access the textures directly.

This is the file setup:

\Runtime\Geometries\DAZClothing\CasualClothing\rdcpants.obj
    \Runtime\Geometries\DAZClothing\CasualClothing\rdcpbttop.obj
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing\Casual Wear\Cargo_Pants.cr2
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing\Casual Wear\Cargo_Pants.png
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing\Casual Wear\Tank_Top.cr2
    \Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ's Victoria 4 Clothing\Casual Wear\Tank_Top.png
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpants.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpantsBump001.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpantsDisp.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpantsDisp001.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpantsStichDisp.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpbtopB03.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpbtopDM07.jpg
    \Runtime\Textures\DAZ\CasualClothing\rdcpbttop.jpg

Thanks for any help.
    Trev

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It appears that you have installed this item : http://www.daz3d.com/casual-wear-for-v4 is that correct? Did you install any other items as well?

There appears to be only one set of textures for the top and the pants, so the CR2 file will load them for you, no need to have seperate PZ2 (Pose) files for that. There are Bump and Displacement maps as well which should also load.

Have you tried using them? There is a Blue tank top, and Khaki cargo pants on the Product Page, but I don;t see any other textures mentioned, or displayed in the promo shots, so that is all there is.

If you bought some other textures for tese, can you please give a link to the Product Page for them.

• film42film42 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh! I see, I thought the other textures were different colour options, not the bump maps etc.
    Thanks for making sense of it. Really appreciated Jimmy :)

cheers
    Trev