RRRR They're ba...ack! Voting thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,510

Hello,

It's time to vote again for the RRRR They're ba..ack! render contest!

Everyone can vote, and I encourage you all to browse the entries thread and vote, but refrain from having something in your mouth as the RRRR can not be held responsible for any damage caused by flying food or beverages.

Anyone can vote, not only those participating in the actual contest. You can vote for any entries except for you own entries, and we vote in two categories, Best and Funniest. Best is more of a traditional render contest voting where funniest more takes the humorous look at the image. Some images have a few lines of text explaining the story behind them, which often helps the voting, specially in the funniest category.  Each win (1st to 3rd place) will also give the winner at least one sticky Lucky Bastard pull, which means the next round will be a little harder, see below for how wins and Lucky Bastards are counted. We have changed the dropoff of Lucky Bastards so you will loose at half of Lucky Bastard earned the previous round, and set a maximum of seven LBs affecting your pull, if you have more, you will just pull seven a little longer.

Vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QLXVZVR
Entries are here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/198051/rrrr-they-re-baa-ack-entries-only-thread

Totte is sponsoring with two items for the funniest category from his store 
Dumor3D is sponsoring with two items for the best category from his store
barbult is sponsoring with a $20 DAZ GC
Ken OBanion
 is sponsoring with a $50 DAZ GC
Luci45 
is sponsoring with a $25 DAZ GC

So, what are we voting about?
What are the prizes?

Winner in the best category:
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $20 DAZ Store GC

Winner in the funniest category:
- One item from Totte's store
- $20 DAZ Store GC
​- Suggest the theme for next contest

Second place in the best category:
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $12 DAZ Store GC

Second place in the funniest category:
- One item from Totte's store
- $12 DAZ Store GC

Third place in either category:
- $7 DAZ Store GC

Fourth place in either category:
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Fifth place in either category:
- $3 DAZ Store GC

The voting starts now, and ends Sunday, November 19 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time

How votes are tallied and summed up:

Voting points: 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 4 points, 3rd = 3 Points, 4th = 2 Points and Tiebreaker = 1 Point.

If an image gets 1st, two 2nd, one 4th and two tiebreakers in a category, that is 5 + 2x4 + 2 + 2x1 = 17 Points

Every image points per category is summed up, and top three is calcutaled in each category. As we now have five prizes, a maximum of two entries from the same artist can end up top three in each category, this is to spead the joy a little more. 

The image with most points from the same artist will be the base, the the average score for up to for other images will be added to that score, but if that image takes a top three placement, images who got to the cream of the crop with help from other entires, will gain extra LBs based on how many places it climbed, minus one. Here are two examples:

Example 1: The top image from X has 15 points. X also has five other images that has been voted for, 10, 8, 7, 7 & 5 points. Thaking the average of the first four images behind the top one is 10+8+7+7 = 8, so the first image which was at 4th place, now gets 23 points and rises to the top and becomes the winner. But, that image climbed 3 steps, so it will not only win, but give the winner 3 LB for the next run. 

Example 2: The top image by Y has 11 points, and the second image 9 points. The top image will now have 20 points and go from 5th place to 3rd place, granting Y 2 LB for the next run.

If two images ends up with the same score, we use the same rules as in the European Song Contest, the number of higher scores wins over many lower scores, so if one image has 5+5+5+1 (16) and another has 2+2+4+4+2 (16) the first one will come before.

When calcumationg climbing, images will not climb unless there is a reason to. For example, if two images are in top one and two after voting, and both would be there climbing and adding 5 LB to each player just becuase if one climbm, the other will too, climbing is not done as it will just add LBs without any actual gain in the end. The same thing is when several images from the same artist is in a row, and climbing will not change anything, no climb is performed. Climb is only done when there is something to gain by doing it.

To avoid votespamming, anyone voting needs to post here in this thead that they did vote, and use the same name as they have posting here as the DAZ Forum name in the first question in the vote system at SurveyMonkey.

Remember to vote in both categories and place all five votes in both categories. Votes that fail to vote in both categories and votes faling to vote 2nd to 5th place will be discarded.

Comments

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

I've voted

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Voted!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I voted.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234

It's been and while and I'm sorry that I wandered back too late to participate in this - it looked like a lot of fun!  I did enjoy looking through all the entries.  And then I voted.  Good luck everyone!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

I voted.  And boy, was it tough, with so many really great renders!

Good luck, everybody!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

I voted.  There were so many wonderful and funny entries, it really cheered up an otherwise annoying day.  Thanks, everyone.

• ChameoChameo Posts: 306

Voted - and man, it was hard to pick among them all. Good luck everyone!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659

I voted. It was hard. 

Thanks, Totte and sponsors!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Voted, Wow that was a hard decision I tell ya sooo many great renders!!

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028

I voted - fun to go through them all.  So much creativity.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I voted. It was fun to look at them again. Many of them bring back fond memories of RRRR contests of the past.

• greysgreys Posts: 335

voted!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Quite a few votes, but I hope we get some more. The deadline is only a few days away on the 19th.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510

Yes! We need more votes!

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    I vot3d. How do you create a text version of your catalog?
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited November 2017
    ItsCeo said:
    I vot3d. How do you create a text version of your catalog?

I think everybody has his or her own preferred technique for building an "inventory".

I've seen a lot of people export their content library from DIM into a CSV (comma-separated values) file, which can then be brought into Excel or other spreadsheet program, or opened as a text file.

My problem with that is that, if you didn't install your content using DIM (or religiously re-import your metadata), you may not get everything, because DIM doesn't know about anything that it hasn't touched.  In my case, less than half of my content was installed using DIM; I also have several Poser libraries that DIM doesn't know anything about (because some of them predate DIM by a good many years).

My own method is to periodically go into my Product Library, and copy and paste the items on every page (and there are more than 200 pages!) into an Excel spreadsheet.  It's tedious in the extreme, but it does have the virtue of being thorough...!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on

I still have a plan to one say, when I have lot's of time and nothing better to do, to write a DS script that randomly the given number of items to you scene, an Instant RRRR Script

But until that happens, or hell freezes over, Ken is right. I have done this for 5 years, so I copy the lines from the store emails and put them into a spread sheet.

I had all saved when it started so it was < 2k items back then.

And closed!
    Tally will proceed soon...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Waiting on pins and needles for the winners!!!

Yes, working on it. Tally and sum is done, just climbing calcs that has to be done.