Trumpet Dress turned into another musical instrument

N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

I couldn't think of a witty title...

I'm not really getting on with dForce at the moment. 

I bought the Trumpet Dress yesterday. When I used dForce on it, the bottom of the dress goes straight through the floor (see attached image). 

How do I keep the dress as a trumpet?

dform.png
421 x 494 - 63K

Comments

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

I couldn't think of a witty title...

I'm not really getting on with dForce at the moment. 

I bought the Trumpet Dress yesterday. When I used dForce on it, the bottom of the dress goes straight through the floor (see attached image). 

How do I keep the dress as a trumpet?

Add a ground plane primitive to your scene so the dress has something to collide with.

• Add a plane underneath the figure (Create-> New Primitive).

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

After you create a plane primitive make sure you add the dForce modifier "Static Surface". 

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,437

Add a ground plane primitive to your scene so the dress has something to collide with.

Add a plane underneath the figure (Create-> New Primitive).

Ah. I was using a HDRI. So, I'm going to have to use a plane, everytime I use a HDRI and a dForce item of clothing. Thanks :)

After you create a plane primitive make sure you add the dForce modifier "Static Surface". 

At the moment, Daz has frozen (I've lost my work). So, I can't try it now, but I'll give it a go later. Thanks for replying ^^.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

Once the simulation has finished running you can hide the ground plane either in scene tab or just by setting opacity to zero.  Then render away with the hdr.

•  

Add a plane underneath the figure (Create-> New Primitive).

Ah. I was using a HDRI. So, I'm going to have to use a plane, everytime I use a HDRI and a dForce item of clothing. Thanks :)

For something long, like this dress, yes. I've done plenty of simulations the same way with shorter stuff that I didn't need a ground plane for.

• After you create a plane primitive make sure you add the dForce modifier "Static Surface". 

How can I do this?

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

How can I do this?

Go to the Create tab at the top left and scroll down until you hit New Primitive.  Its the sixth one down.  It will pull up a box with options, choose plane and put your dimensions in and enter and you should be good to go.

• After you create a plane primitive make sure you add the dForce modifier "Static Surface". 

How can I do this?

Go to the Create tab at the top left and scroll down until you hit New Primitive.  Its the sixth one down.  It will pull up a box with options, choose plane and put your dimensions in and enter and you should be good to go.

Thanks Sonja, only I didn't mean the creation of a primitive but adding the dforce modifier ;-)

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Edit > object > geometry

• Isn''t it now under the Simulation Settings tab?  Right click on the little tab that sticks out and go to 'dforce->Add dforce modifier:...'

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited October 2017

How can I do this?

Make sure you have the primitive selected, go to your Simulation Settings tab, and up top near the blue Simulate button click on the little button with the arrow and lines. A pop-up will appear and select dForce >> Add dForce Modifier: Static Surface.

If you don't have the Simulation Settings tab you can add it by going to Window >> Panes (Tabs) >> Simulation Settings. That will pop up the Simulation Settings tab and you can drag it over to dock it under your other tabs. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Thanks a lot to you all!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

So, once the simulation is complete, you can't just delete the ground plane and merge the resulting scene into the scene you want it? Or merge it first and then delete the ground plane?