dForce Verified Functional Clothing [Out of the Box]

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Hanabi said:

Daemon outfit for G3F autofitted to G8F, and the G8F Desert Watcher Cape, both with default settings and influence weights painted, interacting with a little wind. 

Excellent

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108

If you want to save the draped clothing/poses result you get from dForce it is just a matter of hiding everything else in the scene, export the garment as obj. (make sure is at base resolution).  With the posed figure still in the scene and unhidden, remove simulation data from the garment then use Morph Loader Pro to bring your appropriately named obj. in as a morph (use reverse deformations).  Save your morph and voila! it will be there anytime you want to use it again without having to run a simulation again.

In my pre-dForce clothing sets I named the morphs to match the poses they were draped on, takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out which morph goes with which pose. :)

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    Orpheus13 said:
    I think that the idea of this thread is food, but the form isn't. In my opinion, to be useful, the original post should be updated with the list of all mentioned items and a note (0= no compatibility, 1= poor, 2 = ok, 3 = good, and maybe 4 = perfect).

I agree, with all the subtopics people have posted it's difficult to search through and find what might work.  I'd rather have some things not work for me and have to search for the 'why' in the thread, than to have to read each and every post. 

edited January 2018

Storm wind wanderer worked beautifully for me.https://www.daz3d.com/stormwind-capes-for-v4 In fact when set air resistance to 1 it was so awesome that I could have stopped the render at a lot of places to render it.  I've included one render and a few screen captures to show how it could have been stopped to capture movement. I did not try to refit it to a genesis (1,2,3 or 8) to see if that affected it.

Arissa and sciwizard both exploded.

dforce wanderer cape2.png
    600 x 780 - 113K
    dynamic cape 1.PNG
    607 x 873 - 301K
    dynamic cape 3.PNG
    613 x 862 - 255K
    dynamic cape2.PNG
    646 x 867 - 298K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Could someone give me a link to instructions on creating the wind.  I could not find it when I used search in here or on google.

If you want to save the draped clothing/poses result you get from dForce it is just a matter of hiding everything else in the scene, export the garment as obj. (make sure is at base resolution).  With the posed figure still in the scene and unhidden, remove simulation data from the garment then use Morph Loader Pro to bring your appropriately named obj. in as a morph (use reverse deformations).  Save your morph and voila! it will be there anytime you want to use it again without having to run a simulation again.

In my pre-dForce clothing sets I named the morphs to match the poses they were draped on, takes the guesswork out of trying to figure out which morph goes with which pose. :)

Thanks, good info.

nicstt said:
    Hanabi said:

Daemon outfit for G3F autofitted to G8F, and the G8F Desert Watcher Cape, both with default settings and influence weights painted, interacting with a little wind. 

Excellent

Just beautiful.  And also fun that while I was trying the desert wanderer cape you were also posting it.  :) 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    freni-kyn said:

Could someone give me a link to instructions on creating the wind.  I could not find it when I used search in here or on google.

If you have the dforce starter essentials pack which should be in your downloads, there is a sample scene in there with the wind function in use.

freni-kyn said:

If you have the dforce starter essentials pack which should be in your downloads, there is a sample scene in there with the wind function in use.

Thanks. I’ll look into it. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited January 2018

@frenikyn I also explain how to set up the wind node here

Post edited by RGcincy on

Figured I'd contribute to this thread with my latest experiment. That is: Princess Asia for Genesis + Precious Princess textures fitted to G3F via wear them all, then applying dforce to the underdress and overdress. Out of the box, the dress does pretty well (much better than I expected). It's not without its problems, however, and poses that keep the arms too close to the body proved troublesome (the sleeves kind of merged with the rest of the dress). The sleeves didn't behave until I gave a longer timeline to simulate (and let the fabric settle down).

• Dforce: Added the modifier to the under and over dress, left the belt alone. I also added a push modifier to the overdress (.30) & to the belt (.30). Also, I set the collisions: overdress collides with underdress | belt collides with overdress.
    • Timeline: Frame 1: I had her at the starting pose. | Frame 30 I added the pose. | Added another 34 frames to have the simulation continue. | Total: 64 frames.
    • Gravity: I upped it to 1.50
    • Self-collision: OFF, otherwise things explode.
    • Overall: I think maybe if I'd added time to the timeline, it might have helped the sleeves some more, but overall, I think it went well considering the pose I was working with and the angle of the camera.

I'm also including my final render (which is an entry for Esha's anniversary competition) so you can see how it looks properly render (rather than the quick drafts I've shown).

Thank you for displaying your settings.  This is very helpful.

• I wanted to start this thread. Obviously no body here owns every artical of clothing in existance so it would be nice to have a list of clothing that works right off the bat with the new dForce.

I encurage others to add their finds too, please remember to link the product so people can buy it if they dont own it already.

Verified Rayn Shirt (Genesis 3 Female) https://www.daz3d.com/rayn-clothing-for-genesis-3-female-s

I found this forum thread yesterday and read each post all the way through it. dForce has fascinated me since it came out, and I learned so much yesterday. I tried to put my new found knowledge into practice this morning, and here's the results.

I used 

CandyDress from - DAZ

Glamor Outfit for Gen 3 from - Daz

Day in Bed from - Daz

HotDream Panties from - Renderosity

Sporty Ponytail hair from - Daz

PH Candy Hair from - Daz

Just a simple primitive plane was used for the sheet. (Love how it forms around the girls in bed)

None of these items are certified as dForce, yet they worked.

(Also numerous shaders were used)

Adding a push modifier and adjusting it to taste to some of the items, like the sheet and dress on the bed, thicken them up a bit so they don't look like they are painted on.

Lastly, anyone seriously interested in dForce should consider these new products in Daz Studio:

Cloth dForce Presets

Hair dForce Presets

Even on sale at $17.95 a pop, it's still a strong hit, but they work well and help a lot with some problems I'd been experiencing before.

Hope this can help others, as so many of you helped me yesterday.

Andy

DForce Drapping Experiments Erica Bedroom 07.jpg
    872 x 933 - 554K
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

"Self-collision: OFF, otherwise things explode.

I don't even see anywhere where self-collision is specified.

I am trying to kep clothes from exploding in simulation and this seems to be happening a lot. 

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    Rakuda said:

"Self-collision: OFF, otherwise things explode.

I don't even see anywhere where self-collision is specified.

I am trying to kep clothes from exploding in simulation and this seems to be happening a lot. 

It's on the Surfaces parameter tab.  Towards the bottom of the dforce settings section

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

Oh, fantastic DaWaterRat! There it is and a lot of other phsical properties that will be helpful in simulation! I feel so much smarter now that I know that! 

^__^

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2018

Mada! Love the surface of that fabric. Kind of glassy, waxy, silk...dunno what to call it.

Mada said:

I'm going through my outfits when I have time and testing them with dForce - I'm pretty pleased with this one : https://www.daz3d.com/glamour-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

I'm hoping to set up a video tutorial today or tomorrow on how I got the results in the image :)

Post edited by Marshian on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,867
    Marshian said:

Mada! Love the surface of that fabric. Kind of glassy, waxy, silk...dunno what to call it.

:) I added shaders from this set to the textures - highly recommended : https://www.daz3d.com/subsurface-workshop-sss-shaders-for-iray

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449
    edited February 2018

Kaleya's XOXO for G8F works great right out of the box.

1.jpg
    634 x 960 - 431K
    Post edited by seeker273 on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited March 2018

EmpireTest.png
    417 x 814 - 332K
    Post edited by Odaa on
    edited March 2018

If you need a dforce friendly version of Regency type fashions, check out Esha's Dynamic Empire Dress. Originally a poser dynamic for V4, it will work with DForce as long as you pose the character as close to default V4 pose as you can get, and then run an animated drape. The main downside is that it loads with a default semitransparent texture set (period appropriate, especially on the French side of the Channel, but not necessarily desirable) which will not look right if you simply yank the transmap out of the opacity channel, and the poser material presets do not seem to work in DS, so you have to go to the surfaces tab and manually browse to the alternate textures to apply them. The belt area (just below the chest, where this style of dress is supposed to be gathered) is a separate material zone, so it would be easy to dial the Dforce constrain/expand ratio to 99% and make the silhouette slightly more authentic than I have in my picture.

Because it's V4 and a RDNA buyout, it seems to go on super-sale fairly often, I picked it up for a couple of dollars during the flash sale on Esha's store some weeks back. I wouldn't say it's worth more than that, but if you want a drape-able version of those very elegant and distinctive dresses from the Directoire/Regency/etc era, it's worth checking out. Comes with a prop reticule and a pair of shoes that don't autofit to other figures well, but in the picture below G3F is wearing a day bonnet and reticule from the Regency G2F sets and the shoes from Victoria Iven.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited March 2018

I was very pleased to find that using dforce makes  all the female centaur clothing “blankets” workon humans as skirts with use of swayback parameters adjustment.   

Post edited by freni-kyn on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I tried an older dress model for Aiko 3 (yea, the original) called DClassyA3  It's a pretty dress, classic design but it's obviously not welded properly and the trim just explodes and not sure if this can be fixed from within DAZ Studio?  When I tried to weld it in ZBrush I get a notice that it's no longer the same mesh, duh.  I'm just playing, nothing needed but just wondering if this is something that DS can do or am I SOL?

Aiko3-MarilynsSister.jpg
    997 x 1068 - 109K
    RAMWolff said:

I tried an older dress model for Aiko 3 (yea, the original) called DClassyA3  It's a pretty dress, classic design but it's obviously not welded properly and the trim just explodes and not sure if this can be fixed from within DAZ Studio?  When I tried to weld it in ZBrush I get a notice that it's no longer the same mesh, duh.  I'm just playing, nothing needed but just wondering if this is something that DS can do or am I SOL?

In your shoes, I would probably just hide the trim (white bits at hem and sleeves, maybe collar?) using the opacity dial in the Surfaces tab, and turn DForce simulation off on them (also in the surfaces tab). I think dress would look fine without it.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I have to say that I'm amazed while scanning through the posts in this thread. I've had several attempts at getting dForce to work on non-dForce items and, in almost every instance, I end up with an explosion. I've spent hours seraching the forum for advice which seems to boil down to: garment must be a one-piece mesh; no buttons, laces, straps, strings or zippers; don't try "difficult" poses, make sure mesh doesn't intersect with anything (though I'm not sure how to make sure of that). In short, dForce will probably not work if the clothing was not designed for dForce (and even if it was, it will still explode quite often). Which is why I'm amazed at this thread.

If anyone has a definitive method of avoiding explosions, please share because I can't find one.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,022
    marble said:

I have to say that I'm amazed while scanning through the posts in this thread. I've had several attempts at getting dForce to work on non-dForce items and, in almost every instance, I end up with an explosion. I've spent hours seraching the forum for advice which seems to boil down to: garment must be a one-piece mesh; no buttons, laces, straps, strings or zippers; don't try "difficult" poses, make sure mesh doesn't intersect with anything (though I'm not sure how to make sure of that). In short, dForce will probably not work if the clothing was not designed for dForce (and even if it was, it will still explode quite often). Which is why I'm amazed at this thread.

If anyone has a definitive method of avoiding explosions, please share because I can't find one.

Try turning self collision to "off" (it's on by default). In my experience, that usually stops things from exploding.

edited June 2018
    marble said:

Try turning self collision to "off" (it's on by default). In my experience, that usually stops things from exploding.

Yeah, but sorry - that's usually the first thing I do. I see that said in almost all of the advice yet mine explode. I must be missing something because this thread is proof that some people are getting results.

BTW - I've had a look at your thread on using the simulation presets - very impressive and comprehensive. A great help to those who have that product. I don't but it is on my wishlist. I'll probably wait for a couple of updates to dForce to see if they can do something about the explosions, however.

Post edited by marble on
    edited June 2018
    marble said:
    marble said:

Yeah, but sorry - that's usually the first thing I do. I see that said in almost all of the advice yet mine explode. I must be missing something because this thread is proof that some people are getting results.

Next thing to I'd check would intersecting (that's the second common cause of explosions in my experience). Meaning, checking that the hands/fingers aren't touching the garment. So poses with hands on hips might create explosions if part of the fingers are going through the clothing. 

Another thing you can try is layering the collisions (doesn't always work, though). Which means if you have a layered dress, then after applying the dforce modifier, you'll want to go to "collision layers" and set the one nearest the body to "1", then if there's a layer on top set that to "2" and so on.

marble said:

BTW - I've had a look at your thread on using the simulation presets - very impressive and comprehensive. A great help to those who have that product. I don't but it is on my wishlist. I'll probably wait for a couple of updates to dForce to see if they can do something about the explosions, however.

The product is very useful but I wasn't using it to it's potential because I didn't know the difference between each preset (which is where the need of the guide kicked in). Now I'm actually getting some good use out of it. I would def. recommend it. I can assure you the preset will help you avoid explosions. Things that exploded on me using the default dforce settings, don't explode when using these presets. 

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
    marble said:
    marble said:

Next thing to I'd check would intersecting (that's the second common cause of explosions in my experience). Meaning, checking that the hands/fingers aren't touching the garment. So poses with hands on hips might create explosions if part of the fingers are going through the clothing. 

Another thing you can try is layering the collisions (doesn't always work, though). Which means if you have a layered dress, then after applying the dforce modifier, you'll want to go to "collision layers" and set the one nearest the body to "1", then if there's a layer on top set that to "2" and so on.

marble said:

The product is very useful but I wasn't using it to it's potential because I didn't know the difference between each preset (which is where the need of the guide kicked in). Now I'm actually getting some good use out of it. I would def. recommend it. I can assure you the preset will help you avoid explosions. Things that exploded on me using the default dforce settings, don't explode when using these presets. 

Thanks again. I do try to avoid hands touching anything (I usually move the arms wide of the body - I can always move them back again later which is something that wasn't possible with OptiTex). I didn't understand the collision layer setting so your tip might make a difference although I can't think of a layered garment that I have tried.

Yes, I do want to get those presets but I'm always on a tight budget which is why they are wishlisted. Maybe they will be on sale one day. smiley

Marble, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me getting non dforce clothing to work is a crapshoot even with things you might expect to work, like poser dynamics. Rosemaryr's KOTOR poser dynamic robes for instance, will work okay in some poses and over certain other clothes, then not work in other poses or over certain other clothes. And for every outfit I've gotten to cooperate there's probably three or four I've tried unsuccessfully. Could you give some examples of outfits that haven't worked for you?
    Oh, forgot to include that you want to try simulating with the time line (animation), rather than just simulating the frame/pose. Explosions tend to happen when i tried to simulate only the frame and a sure way to avoid them was using the timeline. Start it as zero, then have it get to the pose at frame 25-30,then give it another 10 or so frames for the clothes to drape.