Estimated Explicative language expected

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I think it would be cool if CARRARA would have and "estimated time" in the render room.

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure one of the plug-in writers could create something that would generate comments that increase in "intensity" the longer it takes something to render. :)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Rich :)

in the render room, go to the "Progress/Statistics" tab.
    In the Rendering Progress" you'll see the Time Left : (estimated)

It's only available for animations, not single frame renders.
    As design Acrobat mentioned, it's tricky to give an accurate time remaining, as some frames may take more or less time to render.

It's like getting an accurate time remaining for downloading a file, etc..

pic

time_left.jpg
    305 x 500 - 28K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Hello 3dage, I'm fairly sure that you get an estimated time with single frames as well. It adjusts by the render bucket. You won't notice it in a simple scene that renders fast, because it renders so fast, but do a complicated scene with GI and you should see it. At least in C7. I'll have to test it later to makes sure I'm not blowing smoke. ;-)

• edited June 2012

Hello 3dage, I'm fairly sure that you get an estimated time with single frames as well. It adjusts by the render bucket. You won't notice it in a simple scene that renders fast, because it renders so fast, but do a complicated scene with GI and you should see it. At least in C7. I'll have to test it later to makes sure I'm not blowing smoke. ;-)

I do a lot of many hour renders and I get an estimated time remaining on single frames as well.

Shawn.

Post edited by rosedragon_9a2c52b8ed on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I do a lot of many hour renders and I get an estimated time remaining on single frames as well.

Echo that. Though EP is right, the estimate fluctuates quite a bit...and ghost help you if your machine puts itself to sleep while rendering...