Downloading purchases

ravynd_d8ea201783ravynd_d8ea201783 Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey all :)

It's been a while since I poked my head in here. My, what a lot of changes!

I've just made a purchase but I'll be buggered if I can find the download links. All I can find is links to the download manager, (no thankyou very much!).

Can some kind soul tell me if there are still direct links to download and where I might find them?

Many thanks :)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

My Account > Product Library

• ravynd_d8ea201783ravynd_d8ea201783 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

I actually looked at that, but didn't notice the side bar. Doh!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited April 2013

Ravyn said:
    I actually looked at that, but didn't notice the side bar. Doh!

Yeah, it's not at all obvious. I think I was one of the first here to complain about yet again stumbling off a cliff and being forced to flap my arms frantically. Then after I hit the ground hard, I think someone finally put up a sign saying "watch out for that first step". But behind a bush at the bottom of the cliff. Oy! 8-s

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Oh, I don't know. I kinda like good surprises. And this was a good surprise. Like the 'purchased' button on the product page.

edited December 1969

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't see it. I'm known to miss the bleedin' obvious at times, especially after a site revamp, but I spent a goodly amount of time looking and came up empty. Apparently I don't deal too well with change ;) Thank Mog for friendly folk on forums who don't point and laugh (too much ;) ).

edited December 1969

@Spit: Shows how much time I spend here these days. I hadn't noticed the "purchased" thingy on the product page -at all- lol

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

It wasn't obvious to me either.

Ravyn said:
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who didn't see it. I'm known to miss the bleedin' obvious at times, especially after a site revamp, but I spent a goodly amount of time looking and came up empty. Apparently I don't deal too well with change ;) Thank Mog for friendly folk on forums who don't point and laugh (too much ;) ).
    edited December 1969

Ravyn said:
    @Spit: Shows how much time I spend here these days. I hadn't noticed the "purchased" thingy on the product page -at all- lol

That's because you're sane and remember what you have. You're not obsessing over whether you already bought something before dumping it in your cart. :)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Does anyone else have a problem with this... it won't let me look beyond page one... none of the buttons are functional.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

Does anyone else have a problem with this... it won't let me look beyond page one... none of the buttons are functional.

You mean the buttons down at the bottom (1 to 104 in my case)?

Work just fine for me. How about the filter box and the sort by name or purchase date - are they wonky as well?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Yes, The buttons and filter/search options.
    I just found out it is a Safari issue... I updated FireFox to the most current version for my OS and the buttons work fine.
    Hopefully I'll remember to use FireFox when I need to Dl something.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Ravyn said:

That's because you're sane and remember what you have. You're not obsessing over whether you already bought something before dumping it in your cart. :)

Not sure it's got anything to do with sanity, just a huge decrease in disposable funds lol

• CurlyMacCurlyMac Posts: 39
    edited April 2013

They ought to fix the button issues for Chrome as well. These changes, though DAZ thinks they're neat and whizzy, are becoming a genuine pain in the patoot. So now we're forced to use browsers that we don't like, just so we can download our purchases that we used to be able to download in a much easier way. >:-(

For a company that used to care about their users, it seems they don't anymore. I'm beginning to regret signing up for the PC membership again ... the only thing that ties me to this place anymore.

Post edited by CurlyMac on
    edited December 1969

I feel for those who can't use Safari on that page. I assume DAZ will fix it. What I don't understand is the love affair some people have with the old way. I didn't like it at all. That download button showed you squat as to whether you'd already downloaded or not. And the last few months were very confusing with several files (Studio 4.5, Legacy, Poser) for each product and both MAC and PC files too. With some of the longer downloads I'd go to another tab. When I 'd come back I'd forgotten which file I had last downloaded. It was annoying.

Now it's easy. Sort by date and the ones you just purchased are on top. Click on a name. Look on the right, there's the download link. Then back to the list and click on the next one. I like it though I actually let the DIM download for me.

Several times already I've made use of this page even though I'm not downloading. I needed to know the PA who did a couple of things. Instead of using store search (iffy and clumsy results) I went to this page, searched, then looked on the right and there was the link to the product page. Maybe for one item you could use store search, but for several in a row this page is faster.

When using DIM to install sometimes (well, almost always) I forget what an old product is or who it's for. Zip on over to the new page, search, and there on the right is a memory-jogging picture.

If I realize I'm missing a file in DIM, pop over there and see if there's a DIM file for it yet.

And I haven't even had to reset anything.

Hope it gets fixed for you all soon.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

CurlyMac said:
    They ought to fix the button issues for Chrome as well. These changes, though DAZ thinks they're neat and whizzy, are becoming a genuine pain in the patoot. So now we're forced to use browsers that we don't like, just so we can download our purchases that we used to be able to download in a much easier way. >:-(

For a company that used to care about their users, it seems they don't anymore. I'm beginning to regret signing up for the PC membership again ... the only thing that ties me to this place anymore.

Some people say they are having problems with Chrome, Some say they are having problems with Firefox, most users are getting no problems at all.

If you do experience a problem and cannot solve it can you please file a support ticket with as much detail as possible to Tech support, as they will not be able to fix any problems if they do not have details of what is happening.

Posting in the forum does only reach other forum users.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Firefox 20. may have some problems, because it was a generally buggy version. Update to 20.0.1 ...

• LeggyBlondLeggyBlond Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

I added the following to a mail I sent to 'Sales' :-

Having just discovered via the forum that to get my downloads I have to search through the 'Product Library' I feel very certain that many customers will have a lot of complaints.

This is without doubt the most cockamamie, convoluted process you've come up with yet.

Why should any customer who has just paid for something have to go on a hunting expedition!!!

OK the simplest way of using this system is to set the product order by date and them go to the last page but that is still not acceptable.

Paid for products should be easily accessible PERIOD.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Press Product Order by Date twice and newest orders appear at the top.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You don't have to hunt or go the the last page ...
    Just click twice on Purchase date.

• CurlyMacCurlyMac Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Chohole, I always file support tickets (and I'm getting damn tired of having to do it), but I also like to see who may have had the same issue by looking in the forums ... is it something I've stupidly overlooked, is it something that's a minor annoyance or a major one, is there even an issue at all. The issue isn't that this new way of downloading isn't better than the old (after thinking about it a bit, it does look like the new process might actually be better than the old - as long as it works), it's that it doesn't consistently work on ALL browsers on either platform (Mac or Windows). With all the bone-headed maneuvers the folks at DAZ have pulled on this website over the past 18 months or so, this is one of the most irritating (which I let them know in my support ticket). It's simple ... some folks can't download their purchases with the browser of their choice and even if they switch browsers to try to gain access to their downloads, they aren't guaranteed that'll work. And how do WE know that most users aren't having any problems at all? Have you conducted a survey? I don't give a crap about whether it works for most or some or a few or one. Those folks didn't pay for my purchases that I can't access ... I did! It obviously doesn't work for me and it obviously doesn't work for others either, so let's not try to gloss over it.

The bottom-line here is that the process doesn't work for everyone and DAZ had better start paying attention to its customers/users (in the forums and otherwise) or they'll have very few of them in short order. I almost walked away from them and the PC this last year (after being on-board from the beginning and buying virtually everything they've put out since they were Zygote) because of all the problems and lack of response, but I gave it one more shot and hooked on for another year. Now I'm not so sure it's worth all the aggravation. This is a sad, sad situation for a company that was very respected for their customer service and attention to detail. I also made this very clear in my support ticket.