Female police uniform

I tried to find in store realistic police uniform for female characters but failed. In fact, I found several variants but quality was not good enough as for me.

But I found this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-police-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s

Which is absolutely great! And I even bought it. I hoped that probably it fits well on female characters as well. Unfortunately it doesn't. I tried to connect with the autor of this work but without any success. 

Could someone create something like this but for female characters?

Comments

• Victor_BVictor_B Posts: 391

Men's clothing is not compatible with females and versa (except Genesis figures) by default. But there is a The Genesis 3 Cross-Figure Resource Kit which I believe can help you.

• I'd really appreciate a realistic, non-sexualised police uniform or Genesis 3/8 female too.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited November 2017
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

I'd really appreciate a realistic, non-sexualised police uniform or Genesis 3/8 female too.

The one available for G2/3 men is great, I wish there was a matching one for females.
    There are way too many occupational outfits on DAZ that don't have matches for the opposite sex.
    Police, fire, astronaut, doctor.
    You can usually find outfits for male and female, but they won't be as similar as they would be in real life.

• MarcCCTx said:

The trouble with those is they are a lot older and look a lot less sophisticated than some of the more modern male version which makes having them in the same scene side by side look off.

• There's also this one for G3M, here used it on G3F  https://www.daz3d.com/law-enforcement-outfits-for-genesis-2-and-3-male-s

lawenforcementg3f.jpg
    700 x 906 - 82K

There's also this one for G3M, here used it on G3F  https://www.daz3d.com/law-enforcement-outfits-for-genesis-2-and-3-male-s

Still trying to wrap my head around the concept that female stuff outsells
    male stuff by a huge margin, so Police outfits are made for males only,
    without a matching set for females.
    If the standard excuse is true, shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Especially since female LEOs are supposed to be a fetish for some people.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    Petercat said:

male stuff by a huge margin, so Police outfits are made for males only,
    without a matching set for females.
    If the standard excuse is true, shouldn't it be the other way around?
    Especially since female LEOs are supposed to be a fetish for some people.

There are lots of female police uniforms in the store, it's just that they are mostly like this: https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-sexy-police-costume-for-genesis-3-female-s or https://www.daz3d.com/night-cop-for-genesis-2-female-s.

This is the closest to a reasonable uniform I know of, but it is older and does not look that good to me: https://www.daz3d.com/police-officer

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Petercat said:

I do the most gender neutrual products - Skin Shaders

And I can tell you the similar shader for G8F outsells G8M by almost 5 times (if not 10 by the end of this year) that it is not even funny anymore crying

• EcVh0 said:
    Petercat said:

And I can tell you the similar shader for G8F outsells G8M by almost 5 times (if not 10 by the end of this year) that it is not even funny anymore crying

Most folks don't want to believe that sales for male products are lower because fewer people are buying them; they want to believe it's because said male products are somehow lower quality than female versions, even when PAs say otherwise.

EcVh0 said:
    Petercat said:

Most folks don't want to believe that sales for male products are lower because fewer people are buying them; they want to believe it's because said male products are somehow lower quality than female versions, even when PAs say otherwise.

Oh, I believe that sales for females are higher, and the quality, from what I've seen, is too close to call.
    I'm just wondering why the Law Enforcement Outfits referenced are only for G3M and G2M.
    Since female stuff does outsell male stuff, wouldn't the PA have seen a lot more sales if they'd made it
    to fit females as well?
    Or used it as the basis for a seperate female uniform that matched the male.
    As I recall, it was one of the few male clothing items that stayed on the "What's Hot" list for a while.
    Ah, well. Only Luthbellina and Ravenhair know...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    Petercat said:
    Since female stuff does outsell male stuff, wouldn't the PA have seen a lot more sales if they'd made it
    to fit females as well?

Unfortunately people will buy a sexy female uniform, not a normal female uniform.

• EcVh0 said:
    Petercat said:

I have no doubt that female content sells better across the board but this is a really bad example. For gendered skin shader setups I only buy female because they release first and work just fine on men. The most they ever take is maps replacements which I already do for both genders. Maybe I should wait and go the other way around?

edited November 2017

There's also this one for G3M, here used it on G3F  https://www.daz3d.com/law-enforcement-outfits-for-genesis-2-and-3-male-s

The only problems I had fitting it to females:
    1) the gloves become a distorted mess
    2) When the shirt pockets expand to cover the breasts, the pockets and their buttons become HUGE (under the vest).
    3) The arms take a lot of finicky tweaking to fit right.

Post edited by Petercat on
    edited November 2017
    Leana said:
    Petercat said:
    to fit females as well?

Unfortunately people will buy a sexy female uniform, not a normal female uniform.

So why is there so much more normal female clothing than normal male clothing?

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Leana said:
    Petercat said:
    to fit females as well?

Don't think this can be said to have evidence behind it, until we start to actually see covnentional police uniforms for females in the store.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling they'll be exclusively for Genesis 8, rather than 3, when and if they do...

• Leana said:
    Petercat said:
    to fit females as well?

Don't think this can be said to have evidence behind it, until we start to actually see covnentional police uniforms for females in the store.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling they'll be exclusively for Genesis 8, rather than 3, when and if they do...

This can be inferred from the lack of accurate uniforms for female Law Enforcement, Fire, Medical and other jobs that have such as requirements.

Leana said:
    Petercat said:
    to fit females as well?

This can be inferred from the lack of accurate uniforms for female Law Enforcement, Fire, Medical and other jobs that have such as requirements.

No, it can be inferred that vendors don't think that they would sell.
    The only way to know would be to compare sales figures for offered, equivalent male and female uniforms,
    which can't be done because none are being offered.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited November 2017
    Leana said:
    Petercat said:
    to fit females as well?

Actually I based my comment on feedback from people who had sold female police uniforms in the past (and I'm talking good quality products, not something that wouldn't have sold due to poor quality).

Granted it was years ago, so a vendor might decide to try again with newer figures to see if sales are a bit better now.

Post edited by Leana on
  • If it was years ago, I have to wonder if that was in the M4/V4 era. There literally aren't any for G2F or G3F. The Genesis one was unisex.

Lots of female nurse outfits, but those are probably assumed to double up as naughty sexy-time stuff.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited November 2017
    barabasum said:

I tried to find in store realistic police uniform for female characters but failed. In fact, I found several variants but quality was not good enough as for me.

But I found this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/h-c-police-uniform-for-genesis-3-male-s

Which is absolutely great! And I even bought it. I hoped that probably it fits well on female characters as well. Unfortunately it doesn't. I tried to connect with the autor of this work but without any success. 

Could someone create something like this but for female characters?

It is true autofitting isn't working too well too often even on original new clothing designed specifcally for a base model but for your female cop clothing issue you need the DAZ 3D product for G3M / G3F called 'Cross Figure' that allows G3M & G3F to wear each other's clothing via the 'autofit' functionality in DAZ Studio.

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-cross-figure-resource-kit

Since DAZ 3D hasn't released a similar product for Genesis 8 I haven't such a product for G8 figures.

The NYPD police uniform doesn't even fit well on the base G3M model or autofit to the base G8M model either and it was designed for G3M. Shoes are the worst and the thighs and armpits are bad too. The uniform is lovely quality otherwise. Another example is the G3M Tuxedo - the arms have poke through and there are buttons on the arms of the tux that float off into space in mid-air on G8M. !!! 

Autofit and the transfer utility that DAZ 3D and it's PAs are using needs adjustments to work a higher percentage of time. Also QA testing needs more test cases than just loading a character's clothing with the character in a T-pose or A-pose as the case may be and all those glaring product problems would not get through to the customer so easily or so often.

Until then you need to use the Geometry Editor to hide the poke through after taking autofit and the transfer utility to as godd as they'll get you too:

a) Tools - Geometry Editor

b) Select the model item that you need to hide some polygons on, usually that will be a person model poking through clothing.

c) In the viewport - right click and in the menu go to the submenu that says 'marque selection' or you can choose 'lasso selection' or what you prefer. 

d) Now draw your bounding marque rectangle or your lasso on the skin areas poking through the clothing with the left mouse button.

e) Now right mouse button again and go to the submenu to select 'hide selected polygons'

f) Repeat as needed.

Notes:

i) You can hold the shift (or maybe it's the control) button when selecting you marques / lasso to cumulatively add selected polygons to the total number of polygons you want to hide.

ii) You right mouse button and the submenu that says unhide all polygons to show again polygons you have hidden. I use this when I accidently hide the wrong polygons.

iii) When you save the scene you hid polygons in with the Geometry Editor & reopen the scene the polygons hidden are no longer hidden & no longer selected either.

The last alternative is to actually lean 3D modeling techniques and model the corrections directly yourself. DAZ Studio has such modeling helpers, for example, the dformer tool but most hobbyists try to avoid those tools as it departs too much from storytelling and too much into technical arcana, they are simply not interested.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,001
    edited November 2017

Using Law Enforcement for G3M + Wear Them All can yield good results, but you still need to tweak things a bit around the chest. Meaning, you have to flatten the chest (there's several morphs that do this, such as Breast Control & Growing Up) --which makes sense considering the vest is tight, so it would realistically flatten the chest anyways. There's some minor pokethrough, but nothing that can't be fixed with smoothing + upping the collision (which I forgot to do here). I tried parenting the hat rather than fitting it, but I couldn't scale it (to fit the hair) for some reason. So you'd have to play with Dformers for that.

Here's an example render:

*Update: Added one without the vest & hats. Ignore the creepy expression on G3M haha. The shirt looks awful on her if you only use Wear Them All. So I used Fit Control (product I LOVE) to fix part of it (didn't spend too much time doing it, though. But it still looks much better). Note that those pocket buttons look HORRIBLE right in the middle of her breasts :(.

Law Enforcement Outfits on G3F.png
    800 x 1035 - 654K
    LawEnforcement_WithoutVest.png
    834 x 1080 - 765K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on

What's always driven me to distraction with DAZ clothing is it often looks as if the wearer is wearing quilted puffy clothing intended for winter or the opposite, clothing wise, it looks like painted on lycra. I hope dForce dynamics solves that better.  

• What's always driven me to distraction with DAZ clothing is it often looks as if the wearer is wearing quilted puffy clothing intended for winter or the opposite, clothing wise, it looks like painted on lycra. I hope dForce dynamics solves that better.  

It's particularily bad when you are dealing with "armor" and it bends like fabric :/

What's always driven me to distraction with DAZ clothing is it often looks as if the wearer is wearing quilted puffy clothing intended for winter or the opposite, clothing wise, it looks like painted on lycra. I hope dForce dynamics solves that better.  

It's particularily bad when you are dealing with "armor" and it bends like fabric :/

Also that utility belt & utilities tht go on it of that Law Enforcement Officer set - their has go to be a way to reasonable fit and drape the belt with it's utilities, even after morphing the person model, than the way it is now. It is hard to see black on navy blue in shadows in the openGL viewport...

• What's always driven me to distraction with DAZ clothing is it often looks as if the wearer is wearing quilted puffy clothing intended for winter or the opposite, clothing wise, it looks like painted on lycra. I hope dForce dynamics solves that better.  

Also that utility belt & utilities tht go on it of that Law Enforcement Officer set - their has go to be a way to reasonable fit and drape the belt with it's utilities, even after morphing the person model, than the way it is now. It is hard to see black on navy blue in shadows in the openGL viewport...

Oh, God, yes! I couldn't even tell she wasn't wearing the belt until I rendered it! What's interesting is that the outfit is for G3M, but even he shows some pokethrough when posed (the gloves do). Also the vest ends up eating part of the prop on his chest. And the vest (which is supposed to be stiff) hugs his chest strangely. So I prefer the outfit without the vest, tbh.