PC+ and render your cart competition

AtiAti Posts: 9,080
edited October 2017 in Art Studio

Hopefully, you all know what a render competition is, so I’m not going to bore you with the general details, only the specific ones. ;)

@Overdrawn and I have been discussing the idea of a “render your cart” competition for some time. We’re now pairing it with the PC+ season for even more fun!

What’s a “render your cart” competition? We would like to see all the great discounts you can get, and we’d like you to show it to the world! Take a screenshot of your cart before checking out, and post that screenshot along with your entry image. (*You probably know us from the browser addon thread. It is not an entry requirement of this competition to be using our addon, but since we are giving the prizes from the commission we get from the addon, we would really like these to show the addon features. :))

What should the images be about? The entry images should include at least two items:

1. one of the top ten PC+ items that I’m counting down (see this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/204681/countdown-of-the-top-ten-most-used-pc-items-and-a-competition but I’ll also post the items here)
  2. one item that you have just purchased (the screenshot of your cart should show this item). We’re not going to ask Daz if you’ve really just bought this item -- I’m sure everyone will be honest about it.

Other than these two items, you can use as many or as few other items, as you’d like. Please respect other people’s copyrights, and of course, the image has to be acceptable according to Daz’s TOS. There is no theme; the image, containing the above two items, can be about anything.

Where do I have to post the image? You can attach it to the post you make here in this thread, or post the image in the gallery, and include that gallery image here in this thread. Make sure you include the actual image, not just a link to it. If you do post it to the gallery, help others by posting the product credits*. (*See the next question.)

What are product credits? They are the “What content/software was used?” entries in the gallery.

How many entries can I have? We’re counting down the top ten items. Please limit your entries to one entry per item. That’s a total of ten entries. That’s the maximum. Of course, you can pick only one, if you only want to have one entry. Or anywhere in between.

What’s the entry deadline? The competition runs for a total of 24 days, starting today. Every other day I will post a new item in the countdown, these give out 19 days, and then you have five more days at the end to finish.

New items listed every other day. Do I have to be quick with the item from day one? No. You can post whenever you like within the 24 days. In fact, you have the most time for the day one (#10) item. You will only have five days for the #1 item, but you have the entire length of the competition for item #10. You can post the entries as you are done with them, or all at the end, it’s up to you. Posting the images as you are ready with them makes it easier for us.

Can I post WIP (work in progress) images? Please only post final images. You can make changes to the images before the end of the competition, but be sure to remove the old images from this thread when you do so.

When do I post the screenshot of my cart? When you post your entry image, please post two images: your entry image itself, and the screenshot of your cart, as detailed above.

Who will be the judges, and how are the prizes awarded? Jack has accepted our request to pick a favorite image, so he’ll pick one. Overdrawn will pick his favorite. And I will pick my favorite. If favorites overlap, we’ll choose another one. Only one win per person, so if different images are picked from the same artist, we’ll again choose another one. We will also randomly pick a few more winners, using random.org

What are the prizes? Three $10 giftcards to the three favorites, and four randomly awarded $5 giftcards. That’s assuming we have that many entries. :)

Other competitions run more smoothly. Why is that? This is the first time we run a competition. Please bear with us. :)

If you have any other questions that I did not think of, please post below. :)

We’d love to see what images you come up with! Enjoy the competition!

Post edited by Ati on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080
    edited October 2017

The first item to include, that is #10 on the list is...

#10 Dark Trees Pack 1
    Post edited by Ati on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

what if you already actually own all the Top Ten PC items already? They're not going to be in the cart screenshot. 

jakiblue said:

what if you already actually own all the Top Ten PC items already? They're not going to be in the cart screenshot. 

The top ten items are just one of the two required items. The other one can be anything you get now. Doesn't even have to be a new release. The cart screenshot only needs to show this one new item, it doesn't need to show both.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh!!!! so you must use one of the Top Ten products in your image, BUT the cart screenshot just needs to show a purchased new item which doesn't have to be the top ten product. LOL. Talk about confused - i thought the screenshot needed to show both. laugh 

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

The top ten items are just one of the two required items. The other one can be anything you get now. Doesn't even have to be a new release. The cart screenshot only needs to show this one new item, it doesn't need to show both.

edited October 2017
    jakiblue said:

oh!!!! so you must use one of the Top Ten products in your image, BUT the cart screenshot just needs to show a purchased new item which doesn't have to be the top ten product. LOL. Talk about confused - i thought the screenshot needed to show both. laugh 

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

You're likely going to have most of the top10 products. They are top10 for a reason. No need to buy them again. :)

So include one of the top10 items (no need to show this as a screenshot) AND a newly purchased item (this with screenshot of the cart; this can be any item really, it doesn't have to be new, it doesn't have to be a PC+ item -- it can be anything that you would buy anyway).

Post edited by Ati on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2017

Problem with this- that first link goes to a member only forum.
    What should the images be about? The entry images should include at least two items:

1. one of the top ten PC+ items that I’m counting down (see this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/204681/countdown-of-the-top-ten-most-used-pc-items-and-a-competition but I’ll also post the items here)
    Post edited by Novica on
  • BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Can you use the same cart screenshot for more than one entry (with the focus on a different purchased product each time), or do you have to have a different cart screenshot for each entry? I can see the second option either getting expensive over the course of a month, or limiting entries.

• azoohouseazoohouse Posts: 660
    edited October 2017

Title: Encased Cemetery

Qualifiers: Dark Trees, DLD Miniature Worlds

Also used: Reparation from the Platinum Club Anniversary 2017 Mega Pack 1, D.A. Let it Snow, Dimension Theory Light Probe for Iray, and a real oldie V4 ghost.

Encased Cemetery.jpg
    1024 x 633 - 458K
    comp10.JPG
    1381 x 619 - 85K
    Post edited by azoohouse on

Can you use the same cart screenshot for more than one entry (with the focus on a different purchased product each time), or do you have to have a different cart screenshot for each entry? I can see the second option either getting expensive over the course of a month, or limiting entries.

If the focus is on a different product, you can use the same order for multiple entries.

azoohouse said:

That looks really nice! Thank you for the entry, and congratulations for being the fastest, and posting first! :)

Ati said:
    azoohouse said:

That looks really nice! Thank you for the entry, and congratulations for being the fastest, and posting first! :)

Thanks and You're welcome. I was thinking you needed an example entry to help folks with understanding what was required so I posted this one quickly. Thanks too for the opportunity for folks to win some extra spending money just for having fun!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are freebies allowed for the second item?

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

"The Darkest Forest"

using Dark Trees and West Park Treatment Room

Screenshot 2017-10-16 07.53.35.png
    1925 x 1305 - 342K
    Darkest Forest.jpg
    3000 x 3000 - 6M

Are freebies allowed for the second item?

Hmm, good question. For now, I would say yes, as long as you show the 100% off in the cart.

"The Darkest Forest"

Thank you for the entry. Looks nice. Love the colors. :) 

The next item, that is #9 on the list of top ten most used PC+ items is something that just recently became PC+... 

#9 CityScapes Backdrops

If you want, you can now have two entries in the competition. One with the dark trees pack 1, and one with the cityscapes backdrop. (Plus a recently bought item, showing it in the cart screenshot.)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Nice idea, but shouldn't this really be in the PC forum as for non PC members its rather a high entry cost.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

How so? Non-pc members buy things too and I don’t think ATI and Overdrawn are expecting us to buy the top 10 items, just speculating that we already have them. And many people who _have_ been in the PC+ over the last decade may not be right now...

scorpio said:

Nice idea, but shouldn't this really be in the PC forum as for non PC members its rather a high entry cost.

It's not a requirement to be a PC+ member, anyone can enter.

So far, if you are not a PC+ member, never been, and buy stuff at full price, then the cityscape backdrops cost less than $15, that's the cheapest.

But we are talking about the top ten items; if you've been around a while, I'm 80% sure that you will have at least one of the top ten items already. If you don't have any of these two, then stick around, and see what else comes up that you already have!

edited October 2017

Title: Look Ma No Hands!

Qualifiers: Cityscapes Backdrops, Goblar

also used: Impish Delight Poses, Moon Broom, Orestes Iray HDRI Skies

Look Ma No Hands.jpg
    1024 x 633 - 610K
    comp9.JPG
    1365 x 996 - 101K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    azoohouse said:

Title: Look Ma No Hands!

Wow, that's a funny entry! Thank you! :) 

#8 on the list is.... 

#8 Multiplane Cyclorama

You can now have up to three entries. Keep those nice renders coming! Now you have an even bigger variety of environment to choose from for your render! :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited October 2017

Entry 1: The Late Visitor

Countdown Item #10 - Dark Trees Pack 1
    New Item - Purgation

PC-Ann-Render-Your-Cart-Day-1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 496K
    Cart-2017-10-16.jpg
    1129 x 561 - 71K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited October 2017

Title: Elizabeth on the Beach

Qualifiers: #8 Multiplane Cyclorama, Leg Chains

also used: Elizabeth, Whitney Hair, Skies of Iradiance, Swimwear for Genesis 3

I just discovered your add-on. I enabled Chrome so that I may use it. Great job on that! It really makes shopping at Daz much easier!!!

Also, this will be my last render for this contest. I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Good luck everyone!

Elizabeth on the Beach.jpg
    1024 x 633 - 457K
    Comp8.JPG
    1371 x 1003 - 116K
    Post edited by azoohouse on
    MelanieL said:

Entry 1: The Late Visitor

Creepy! :) Thank you for your entry! 

azoohouse said:

Title: Elizabeth on the Beach

Nice, thank you for this entry as well!

azoohouse said:

Also, this will be my last render for this contest. I'm going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Good luck everyone!

Have a great time!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited October 2017

Entry 2: The Latest Scourge to Hit Gotham City

Countdown Item #9 - CityScapes Backdrops
    New Item - Goblar

PC-Ann-Render-Your-Cart-Day-2.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 511K
    Cart-2017-10-20.jpg
    1101 x 863 - 87K
    Post edited by MelanieL on