Beginner's Bridge Problem

rockergrrrl333rockergrrrl333 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

It seems that this is an old problem, but the threads I read did not help to solve the problem. I use:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Bryce 7.1.0.109 (32-bit)
DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 (32-bit)

I am trying to send a DS model to Bryce via the bridge, but it never works.
I first had DS 64-bit, then uninstalled and installed 32-bit.
I have an administrator account and run both Bryce and DS as administrator.
I even edited the registry to create an install path for DS3.
Nothing helps. When I use DS4 and say "Send to Bryce", DS4 crashes with the following error message:
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DzCore.dll" at 0023:60AD051B, DzElement::getLabel()+43 byte(s)

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Is the crash in any way related to the model you are sending? Can you send something small and basic like a cube across the bridge, or does that crash too?

• rockergrrrl333rockergrrrl333 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

At this stage I am only trying to send from DS to Bryce, not the other way round.

But it is a good question because I noticed that the default DS model with no changes applied, I can send. However, the moment I do something, like changing the character to Genesis, DS crashes when I try to send.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I have found the DS bridge moves intermittently between barely usable and totally broken. I can't offer any particular insight, but I can say what is currently working for me.

Image3.jpg
    500 x 156 - 18K
    Image2.jpg
    333 x 238 - 22K
    Image1.jpg
    350 x 123 - 11K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is a thread here, you may find some help in it http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13506/

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure that the Bridge requires D|S 4.4 or 4.5. Least that's they way it is on the Mac.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes 4.5 does seem to have solved a lot of the problems people were getting with DS 4.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

At this stage I am only trying to send from DS to Bryce, not the other way round.

But it is a good question because I noticed that the default DS model with no changes applied, I can send. However, the moment I do something, like changing the character to Genesis, DS crashes when I try to send.

Also bear in mind that Genesis is much more complex than V4/M4 and I'm not sure that anyone to date has successfully imported the Genesis model into Bryce. 'Elite textures' too have often been reported to cause out of memory errors and crashes in Bryce.

If the default DS model and other more simple models will transfer to Bryce Ok for you, it's most likely not the bridge that's faulty, it's the model you're trying to send not wanting to go across it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited April 2013

Bryce 7.1 Pro works with Studio 3 and 4.5, at least for the props I usually get over the bridge (Win 7). I think TheSavage points to the actual culprit, if I remember correctly what Rashad once said in a post.

Post edited by Horo on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited April 2013

Is there a specific Genesis character, clothing items, and/or addentional textures or settings you are using that cause this problem? I tried loading just "Genesis.duf", "Victoria 5.duf" and "Michael 5.duf", and sending them across the bridge (new session for each) and none crashed Bryce (for me), so it is technically possible to do. (Although M5's eyelashes are missing a transparency, and V5's eyelashes have a black line around the outer edge.)
    Post edited by sriesch on
  • rockergrrrl333rockergrrrl333 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you to everyone who responded.

I installed DS 4.5 and I can now send the model over. (Just her boots were missing, but I think she looks cuter without the boots anyway. :) This was just an experiment, not a serious project.)

BTW, it was DS that crashed, not Bryce.