Iray Lens FX (Commercial)

13»

Comments

• KindredArtsKindredArts Posts: 1,236

@Kyoto - Yes! I just say PS because that's what i'm used to. You don't even have to redo the gradients, simply drag one of the gradients that i've already provided into to whatever image program you have, and then change the hue to whatever color/saturation you wish.

@Novica - Forbidden you say? i'll look into it.

@SassyWench - Maaaaaaybe. I did want to add a lot of foreground details, the only problem is FOV. If you use a wide FOV, any details on the filter would distort. That's fine with frost and dirt, but a bit more tricky with other details/vignettes. If i work it out though, you'll see it smiley

• See.. this is why you're the developer and I'm the buyer! LOL I'm in if you can figure it out :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

Yes GIMP can do gradients.

...thanks.  Looks like in the cart it goes.

• Attempting an upload here. I believe I used the Light Pink filter on this. I tried quite a few options and have since forgotten which one I stuck with. ;) I really love this product KA. Great job on an easy, fun, and useful product.

The Last King.jpg
    1533 x 2300 - 2M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@glenwebb   Wow, awesome! Love the side lighting, and the expression. Intense!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

this looks really cool! particularly the night/evening presets - i've found i have a LOT of trouble successfully lighting a night scene properly, and buy the looks of the images I'm seeing here, this would definitley help. I really like the vintage one too!

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

this looks really cool! particularly the night/evening presets - i've found i have a LOT of trouble successfully lighting a night scene properly, and buy the looks of the images I'm seeing here, this would definitley help. I really like the vintage one too!

Quoted, well just because.

@Sassywench - If i get there sassy, i'll let you know!

@GlenWebb - Awesome render Glen, wouldn't expect anything less smiley Thank you for leaving it here, and i'm glad you're enjoying the set.

@jakiblue - Thanks Blue! A comment without sass .. i must be in the good books angel

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@GlenWebb "I believe I used the Light Pink filter on this"

Well done! A great render by any standard, but it really shows off the impact of KA's product.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    GlenWebb said:

Attempting an upload here. I believe I used the Light Pink filter on this. I tried quite a few options and have since forgotten which one I stuck with. ;) I really love this product KA. Great job on an easy, fun, and useful product.

Gorgeous!  Just goes to show how something so simple can have a real impact!

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 822
    edited October 2017

Thanks for the comments, folks. Much appreciated. I've uploaded an image to the galleries and will post a link for anyone interested. I didn't want to start flooding this thread with images. ;) I'm just having a blast using the Lens FX. It adds so much to the final image. NGS 2 was my fave product of the year for 2016. The Lens FX is by far my fave product of 2017. I'm seriously getting a lot of use out of this.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/448556/

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,621

...beautiful. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@glenwebb  That is a great job on posing and the lighting is wonderful! 

• Novica said:

@glenwebb  That is a great job on posing and the lighting is wonderful! 

Thank you, Novica. I think the green/pink could have been toned down some, but I still really like the end result. I don't know how many times I moved the lens before settling on a number. Seriously fun stuff.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

When I try to get the user guide/tutorial which in in pdf, I am getting a "forbidden" message.  Anyone else having this issue?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

the pdf is giving a 'forbidden' message cos of the url. I found it via the ReadMe page and changed the problematic bits in the url. Here's the correct link for the pdf:

http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/47747/47747_iraylensfx.pdf

• The vintage filter has me really interested...

Anymore pics?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Some experiments I've made. I was unable to create the old brown tinted vintage style or any other single color style, like in 5. (postworked), but I imagine that's not possible in DS.

1. original
    2. B&W
    3. vintage B&W
    4. vintage brown tint DS
    5. vintage brown tint single color (postwork)

1_lensfx_orig.jpg
    1356 x 1070 - 974K
    2_lensfx_grey.jpg
    1356 x 1070 - 659K
    3_lensfx_vintage_grey.jpg
    1420 x 1070 - 801K
    4_lensfx_vintage_brown_ds.jpg
    1420 x 1070 - 896K
    5_lensfx_vintage_grey_brown_tint.jpg
    1420 x 1070 - 172K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Thank you @jakiblue that worked.  I suck at figuring things out without instructions so this should help!

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,460

Thanks xeno and KA. This is good to hear. I am stoked and working very hard! ...my mind is always going, glad it has an outlet for work here.  

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited May 2018

Finally got a chance to use Iray Lens FX. This is such a cool camera, KindredArts! I started with this scene that has a sunny sky HDRI, and other than applying Iray Uberbase to the villa and flowers and adding light shaders to the windows, porch lights, and door, I just used your Sunset preset and vignette and that's it! Kudos on another great product!

Post edited by dawnblade on
    dawnblade said:

Finally got a chance to use Iray Lens FX. This is such a cool camera, Marshian! I started with this scene that has a sunny sky HDRI, and other than applying Iray Uberbase to the villa and flowers and adding light shaders to the windows, porch lights, and door, I just used your Sunset preset and vignette and that's it! Kudos on another great product!

Hey thanks, the render came out great! Glad you're enjoying it smiley

Doh! The second I saw your email notification I realized I goofed up. So sorry @KindredArts. I saw Marshian's post above mine and the rest is history. I fixed my original post. blush

Quick question about the Move and Rotate functions, as I didn't see them listed in the pdf. (Thanks for providing a pdf!) How do we best make use of them, as I've tried different numbers. I think a very large number for Move made my scene lighter and bluer, but I'm not at my computer to confirm.

@dawnblade Oh don't worry, i get mixed up with other vendors quite a lot. 

Move and rotate on the lens is really just for textured lenses, and for people using very wide FOV. If you have a textured lens, you might want to rotate it or move it further away from the camera to avoid over-sized texturing. Also, if you're using a wide FOV, you might have to shift the lens closer so the daz camera can't see the sides of the lens model. The reason your scene is suddenly becoming brighter is probably because you've clipped through the lens and now you're seeing the scene un-filtered. 

@dawnblade Oh don't worry, i get mixed up with other vendors quite a lot. 

Move and rotate on the lens is really just for textured lenses, and for people using very wide FOV. If you have a textured lens, you might want to rotate it or move it further away from the camera to avoid over-sized texturing. Also, if you're using a wide FOV, you might have to shift the lens closer so the daz camera can't see the sides of the lens model. The reason your scene is suddenly becoming brighter is probably because you've clipped through the lens and now you're seeing the scene un-filtered. 

Thanks for this explanation! I'll have to try them out when I use your Frosted Lens or very wide FOV. yes