Project that I'm working on for school, I'm kind of a beginner at this, would appreciate critiques

Hi guys, I'm in a Photoshop class, our final project is to create a poster, my plan is to make a movie poster. I'm planning to use Daz a little bit for the project, Here's part of what I intend to use in my project. (It's a little grainy, that's because I didn't want to wait forever for it to render). But other than that, I would really appreciate it if fellow users would critique things like composition and lighting and shaders and all that sort of stuff. I'm eventually planning to put more stuff in the middle and towards the bottom. (The Max Payne 3 cover was a source of inspiration for me) Thanks!

Vengeance.jpg
3000 x 3882 - 6M

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2017

The first thing I noticed was the nice lighting on the top of the hair, and the lighting on the right side of it- (our right) yet there's dark by the sideburns so it breaks it up and gives the hair nice depth. I like the softer rim lighting on the man's right shoulder too. The details in the dark jacket show up very nicely, you might try a bit more contrast to give the grain of the leather a little more depth, but that's just personal preference. You must be a stellar student in your class!  yes  Oh, and welcome to the Art Studio.   Edit- And perhaps try smoothing the hair, I don't know if those are crinkles or the style of the hair. (Smoothing is in Parameters, if it's not there you may have to add it.)

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Welcome to the Art Studio!  He looks pretty good, great job at not centering him, a lot of times, if you put things dead center it doesn't look as natural.  Really like the lighting as well. I'm ver yinterested in seeing the finished poster!