ISO Thomas Jane

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
edited October 2017 in The Commons

Does anyone know if someone has done a Thomas Jane character or morph? I don't often buy male characters but would be really interested in a character that looks like him.

I have GenX2 so don't mind if it's an older figure either - as long as it looks like him. Does anyone know of a character or morph that looks like him?

Post edited by 3Diva on

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,380

Have you considered using FaceGen ?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,380

It is a little pricey right now; but IIRC it was in megaFastGrab awhile ago.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

I'm not aware of a model, but Dante 7's face shape would be a good starting point for a DIY, though you'd need to alter the eyes somewhat, and possibly use a different skin. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited October 2017

I think the right texture is normally the most important, you can always morph the face though of course a good morph to start with may help.

You could to try one of FW's characters, e.g. Nathan:

FW Nathan HD for Michael 7  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/31777

Here's one made with Nathan plus the G3M Face Morphs, 60% Michael 7 and the beard from FW Hunter. With some more advanced morphs, ZBrush or whatever you can probably get a much better result, especially with the eyes and brows. And maybe a bit of aging and dirty skin overlay too.

thomas_jane_nathan.jpg
    800 x 849 - 363K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Have you considered using FaceGen ?

I'd love to get that, but it's always out of my budget. lol I have the free version but it puts a massive watermark both on the texture as well as in the mesh itself. Sadly the free version only does G1 and G2 morphs as well. I'm definitely keeping an eye on FaceGen though. Once it's in my budget I'm nabbing it! lol 

edited October 2017
    Redz said:

I'm not aware of a model, but Dante 7's face shape would be a good starting point for a DIY, though you'd need to alter the eyes somewhat, and possibly use a different skin. 

Cool, thanks, Redz! I'll look up Dante and see if he'll do. Thank you for the recommendation! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
    Taoz said:

I think the right texture is normally the most important, you can always morph the face though of course a good morph to start with may help.

You could to try one of FW's characters, e.g. Nathan:

FW Nathan HD for Michael 7  -  https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/31777

Here's one made with Nathan plus the G3M Face Morphs, 60% Michael 7 and the beard from FW Hunter. With some more advanced morphs, ZBrush or whatever you can probably get a much better result, especially with the eyes and brows. And maybe a bit of aging and dirty skin overlay too.

That's a decent start! :D Thank you for the recommendations. :) I'll look into those characters.

I was hoping that someone had created him already - but I'll probably end up trying to sculpt him in ZBrush. I don't know how successful I'll be though. lol I think with a start like the one you made it would be a big help. I'll check those characters out. Thank you. :) Here's hoping they're on sale. lol

Chohole said:

Cool. Thanks for the link. :)