iRay: Pixels disappearing when changing SSS color

If I change the SSS color, pixels start turning gray and then spreads throughout the entire render. There's only a very narrow range of colours that work. Can I not change this setting?

badrender2.png
706 x 796 - 279K

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2017

Is the SSS mode set on chromatic? Change it to mono and see if that fixes things. Or set the hdri dome to visible in the render > environment settings.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791
    edited October 2017

In Mono, it's exponentially worse. I'll try the dome settings.

edit: Tried the dome setting and the pixels are no longer gray. They're all yellow with the default hdri. I removed it and the pixels are still gray. I set it up in scene only with a light source. Same thing. I'm not sure how to get rid of this effect. It looks fantastic until the pixels turn gray.

edit2: It doesn't do it in sun-sky mode. And it doesn't do it in dome (or dome & scene) if the dome is drawn. If I don't draw the dome, then everything turns gray. In scene only mode, everything turns gray.

edit3: I found a workaround. Set it to Dome & Scene and turn Environment Intensity to 0. The irony is that Scene Only with Environment Intensity to 0 doesn't work. But then the floor settings don't work either.

I think this is a bug. No way is it supposed to draw like this.

Post edited by AlienRenders on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Yeah, this is a strange issue I've come across. Hopefully it's something they can and will fix. ;)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

In Mono, it's exponentially worse. I'll try the dome settings.

edit: Tried the dome setting and the pixels are no longer gray. They're all yellow with the default hdri. I removed it and the pixels are still gray. I set it up in scene only with a light source. Same thing. I'm not sure how to get rid of this effect. It looks fantastic until the pixels turn gray.

edit2: It doesn't do it in sun-sky mode. And it doesn't do it in dome (or dome & scene) if the dome is drawn. If I don't draw the dome, then everything turns gray. In scene only mode, everything turns gray.

edit3: I found a workaround. Set it to Dome & Scene and turn Environment Intensity to 0. The irony is that Scene Only with Environment Intensity to 0 doesn't work. But then the floor settings don't work either.

I think this is a bug. No way is it supposed to draw like this.

The pixels don't actually change colors, they just disappear (so whatever is the background shows through instead). 

Hopefully they fix it soon.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 791
    edited October 2017

Yup. I noticed that when I changed the dome HDRI. I hope it's fixed as well. It's a weird effect, that's for sure.

edit: I issued a ticket on the 3rd of 4th of Oct. (don't think I mentioned that in this thread yet).

Post edited by AlienRenders on