Eyebrows and TextureConverter 2

WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I just bought TC2 recently, and I am working on converting some Generation 3 textures to Generation 4 for use in Genesis. I have noticed the eyes are not converting well for me, but that is an easy one to fix. Some of the eyelashes are not converting well either. I have been able to fix those too to some degree. What I really need help on is the eyebrows. None of the conversions end up with eyebrows. I don't see that Genesis even has a material zone for them. How do I get eye brows?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

In V3 the eyebrows are a separate mesh. DAZ abandoned the separate eyebrow mesh in Mil4; don't get me started on that. Genesis doesn't have a separate eyebrow mesh so what you will have to do is take the face texture and eyebrow texture and combine/overlay them in a photo editor or paint app.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

You could also create an Overlay shader in Carrara's shader room to overlay the eyebrows with the texture map.

one other thing to consider is that the Gen3 textures are generally smaller and lower resolution that the Gen 4 or Genesis maps.

Carrara 8.5 beta, also has a new shader type,.. Multi-layer, and Multilayer Element.
    each element has blending mode options, and an opacity slider.
    this is the equivalent of using an external image editor to combine texture maps, ..but inside Carrara.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    You could also create an Overlay shader in Carrara's shader room to overlay the eyebrows with the texture map.

one other thing to consider is that the Gen3 textures are generally smaller and lower resolution that the Gen 4 or Genesis maps.

Carrara 8.5 beta, also has a new shader type,.. Multi-layer, and Multilayer Element.

each element has blending mode options, and an opacity slider.
    this is the equivalent of using an external image editor to combine texture maps, ..but inside Carrara.

Which is a lot of fun :coolsmile: