Bryce update?

3D Vitality3D Vitality Posts: 115
edited September 2017 in Bryce Discussion

Hi,

as Bryce is not longer available for buying as it seems ... ( couldn't find it in the shop, but still in my product library), my question is: was there a update in the last 12 months, or is the version in the product library the last one? I also couldn't figured out which version of 7.1 is installed at my PC as the version number did't show up somewhere, even not under the "About" information...  All I know is that I should have 7.1 Pro installed... frown .

Background for my question: I tried to follow a tutorial by David Brinnen (not related to any of his products), but Bryce doesn't react as shown - but I do every single step like shown in the tut....

Post edited by 3D Vitality on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053

I still see Bryce in the store: https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro

And AFAIK there has not been any update to iit in the past few years.

• Thanks, Leana ...  that's the good news...  see it  too with your link...   Mysterious as I searched for it with "Hide Items I own" unchecked...   No update.... hmmm... so I think I have the last iteration of the software installed... ok. Now forward to find out why it not work as expected...

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Which tutorial was it? they usually work out as they should.

• StuartB said:

Which tutorial was it? they usually work out as they should.

This one :     ....   My Bryce doesn't react to the reimported hdr file. But that should be a new thread  wink ... I'll have to open it.

• 3D Vitality3D Vitality Posts: 115
    edited September 2017

Soooo.....  after further investigation in the subject I found that I missed a specific setting, which David was talking about, but too fast for me... so I didn't realized it till I slowed down the video.  That way the original problem is solved. Still found the version number too. Very tricky to find...

Post edited by 3D Vitality on
  • I got a bit excited seeing the title, thought something stirred in DIM and maybe jusy maybe Carrara and even Hexagon were next

but

meh angry

move along everyone nothing to see here crying

• Soooo.....  after further investigation in the subject I found that I missed a specific setting, which David was talking about, but too fast for me... so I didn't realized it till I slowed down the video.  That way the original problem is solved. Still found the version number too. Very tricky to find...

Yeah, sorry, I do talk fast.  I always say I will slow down.  It's a challenge.  Version number is a pain to find, for anyone else struggling with this