Windows 8 & Carrara Beta = Mesh Issues?

NoneNone Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Well it's not just the beta doing it as the stable does it too, is anyone else using Windows 8 and seeing an issue with the eyebrow mesh, seems to happen when you select any pose, it is like the mesh comes away from the face, as if V4 is wearing a mask.

I would post an image but I went back to Windows 7 to test it out and I am not getting the issue on here, I have the same programs installed as with Windows 8, so the only difference is the OS

Comments

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So i am the only lucky one to be getting this?

• wavyeyewavyeye Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Just tested this for you and I'm having no problems at all on Win 8 64bit using Carrara 8.5. I don't have 8.1 installed and I left it to the Content Install Manager to install my library.

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hmmm - guess I am the lucky one then :(

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just tested this for you and I'm having no problems at all on Win 8 64bit using Carrara 8.5. I don't have 8.1 installed and I left it to the Content Install Manager to install my library.

You have my sympathies.

• wavyeyewavyeye Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

ManStan you seem to have the wrong end of the stick, the install manager works fine for me.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Cool Art Dude :)

The "Eyebrow" mesh became an issue with V4 in most programs including DS , so it's not a Carrara, or Win8 issue.
    The brow can be selected and made invisible in the instance list,. or (it should already have an alpha material to make it invisible) but some poses can change or effect the brow mat.

hope it helps :)